Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Remedy View Post
    pre workout MPA! (muscle pharm assault) is what it is all about.
    Good stuff. I have some. rying out a few different pre workout powders.
    My blog : "A new machine" http://dgalemore.blogspot.com

R.I.P. Darrent Williams 1982-2007

Started taking Muscle Pharms Bullet Proof last night. It knocked me out pretty quickly. Nice mix of GABA, ZMA, amino acids and other goodies. Pretty sure it will get the job done. It has 4 weeks to prove itself.

Should it fail, I have a few other nighttime recovery products on my list to try :

Universal Nutrition Animal PM
    Milleium Sport Tech Somnidren GH
    High Energy Labs HGH Complete
    USP Labs PowerFull

Weeknights:
    I'll take Bullet Proof (or 1 of those other 4) for 4 weeks, then take ZMA caps + GABA powder for 2 weeks. Vitacost ZMA is $20 for 180 caps. Bodybuilding.com's GABA powder runs $10 for 100 servings (3 gram servings).

Bullet Proof = $30 for 4 weeks
    ZMA = $20 for 6 2-week cycles
    GABA = $10 for 10 2-week cycles

It's easily worth it if I get more sleep, leading to better muscle recovery.

Saurday & Sunday nights:
    5-HTP + Melatonin

They work fine for me 2 nights per week. Melatonin by itself didn't do much for me. Works well combined with 5-HTP, though.

Decided on a 6 week creatine cycle, then a minimum of 4 weeks off.

Things are going extremely well. Lowest I got to was 179#. Hard to see me any lower than that. Got up to 185-186# for a bit on my current creatine cycle, probably just water weight. Real steady at 181# the past several days. Chest increased by 1" in the past month and waist is still getting smaller -- 30" jeans, which is insane for me. Love it.

Attendance is picking up for my G-cycle class. Nothing huge yet, but momentum is gaining. I love my students and they definitely show me the feeling is mutual. Hard working, fun group. Nice and intense.

3-13-12 warming up for class

Muscle Pharms Bullet Proof struck out for me as a nighttime recovery powder. Muscle Pharms Re-con, however, kicks ass as a post-workout powder.
    http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/...bL._AA160_.jpg

Making a big difference for me is something crazy : Cutting Gel.
    No joke, the stuff is melting away what little I had left of a gut. I ordered it from GNC's website for $43 on sale. 6 oz bottle lasts fairly long. Like any other supplement, it wouldn't do a bit of good if I didn't eat right and work out hard. Undeniable results, though.

Last edited by keithbishop; 03-22-2012 at 04:15 PM.

Clip from my class 2 weeks ago. Fricking hate my recorded voice, but the message is positive and my students were awesome.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GqquBX5kWP4

Thanks for the updates and happy belated bday sir.

Quote Originally Posted by keithbishop View Post
    Clip from my class 2 weeks ago. Fricking hate my recorded voice, but the message is positive and my students were awesome.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GqquBX5kWP4
    Good stuff Keith

I really have to get back into giving out CP -- thank you, guys.

Awful start to yesterday morning, but I learned a thing or 3. I was to sub for Tracy, the other G-cycle instructor, at 530 AM. I overslept and was 25 minutes late. 1st time I had been late and it hurt. I blew a golden opportunity -- I was told that 16 students were there at 530. Would have been my record. At 555, 8 students remained.

I apologized and finished the workout. Going to come clean here : I was so frustrated on the way to the gym that tears flowed as I shouted out my self rage.

I had never let my students or my gym down before. Making it even worse was the fact that I was subbing for Tracy, meaning I let her down, too.

It took 4 of my Genesis Instructor teammates and my girlfriend to get me straightened out. I was told :

A. Everyone is human
    B. Every Instructor on the team has been late before
    C. Could have been worse -- coming in late was better than being a no show
    D. That I was so upset about it proves how deeply I care.

I was in a positive frame of mind by the time I left the gym. Short but sweet blog post this morning:

http://dgalemore.blogspot.com/2012/04/4-28-12.html

You're looking excellent keithbishop! Amazing. Keep up the awesome work.

Quote Originally Posted by Peerless View Post
    You're looking excellent keithbishop! Amazing. Keep up the awesome work.
    Thank you! Things are getting better and better. Lots of positive feedback from my students and fellow instructors. Having the time of my life.
    Last edited by keithbishop; 05-02-2012 at 09:07 AM.

I was to team teach Group Ride this morning with Tami, the Tuesday + Wednesday 530 AM instructor. I was to lead for the 1st 5 tracks (I taught 3 tracks in her Tuesday class), with Tami teaching the last 4. Tami texted me an hour before class -- she said she was exhausted, that I was ready, to take care of her favorite group, and that they like to be pushed. I texted back a promise to make her proud.

************************************************** ************************************************** ***********************

I will persist without exception. I will continue despite exhaustion. I acknowledge the fact that most people quit when exhaustion sets in. I am not “most people.” I am stronger than most people. Average people accept exhaustion as a matter of course. I do not. Average people compare themselves with other people. That is why they are average. I compare myself to my potential. I am not average. I see exhaustion as a precursor to victory. ~Andy Andrews, The Traveler's Gift

Time to start a revolution.

My life changed for the better once I started thinking along these lines :

I am so tired of being underrated.
    I am so tired of living my life as if I had limits
    I am so tired of having no fire
    I am so tired of living without passion
    I am so tired of letting down my friends and family
    I am so tired of quitting on everyone who cares about me
    I am so tired of hating everything about myself
    I am so tired of not wanting to climb out of bed in the morning

I was tired because I leaned on my own strength
    I was tired because I listened to negative voices from the past
    I was tired because I felt sorry for myself instead of counting my blessings

I had no one but myself to blame for my failures.

I no longer lean on my own strength. I lean on my Genesis Health Clubs family.

I am a child of the King of Kings
    The Lord of Lords
    The Prince of Peace

I am without limits because I was made in His image.
    My savior never quit. He never gave up on me.
    Nor shall I, from this day forth.

I know why I was chosen to be part of the best team in the world,
    the team at Genesis Health Clubs, Hutchinson

I was chosen because it is my turn to soar
    Flaws and all, I am a positive force

Armed with belief in myself and in my teammates, my fellow instructors and trainers ....... belief that was instilled by those I have been blessed enough to be adopted by, the 515/530 AM crazies who are the most dedicated, uplifting people I've ever met

....and driven to constantly break through whatever limitations I once imagined I had by my students, who NEVER fail to deliver their best effort

I vow to do everything I can to help others take my personal G-cycle goal for themselves.

Simple goal :

Better
    Stronger
    Faster

Short and sweet. Rolls right off the tongue. Easy to memorize.

Revolution......
    Who wants to change their lives for the better

Who wants to see what can happen once they believe in themselves

Who wants to learn how much further we can push ourselves individually via the power of a TOTAL TEAM EFFORT in class?

I saw a room full of such people this morning.

I saw workout warriors, from Group Ride veterans to new students.
    WE .... MY STUDENTS AND I..... combined to burn a ton of calories as we pushed through a very tough workout. I loved what I saw and .....

I WANT MORE.

I had so much fun this morning. It sure wasn't a clinic in perfection, but it was intense and an excellent springboard into my next opportunity to lead my beloved students :

G-cycle tomorrow 9 AM. Today marked a giant step in my transition from G-cycle instructor to Group Ride instructor.
    There is no turning back. I have some BIG class goals looming.

I am a man on a mission, driven to help others achieve their fitness goals.

I have much to learn, but my teammates are helping me every step of the way.

I stuck around for nearly an hour after class today because I didn't want to leave Studio B. As I showered the floor with beads of sweat during class, I left plenty of tears of joy on it afterwards.

THANK YOU and GOD BLESS YOU to the tough guys and girls who shared my workout with me.

1.5 months after teaching my 1st Group Ride class, I accomplished my goal. Best email ever :

Dear David,

CONGRATULATIONS! You have passed your Group Ride® Assessment and now join a dedicated, professional and committed team in delivering Body Training Systems® (BTS) programs.

I had until July 2nd to get certified. No looking back. Pics from 6-10-12, the day of the recording session that got me certified

Last edited by keithbishop; 06-19-2012 at 02:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by keithbishop View Post
    1.5 months after teaching my 1st Group Ride class, I accomplished my goal. Best email ever :

Dear David,

CONGRATULATIONS! You have passed your Group Ride® Assessment and now join a dedicated, professional and committed team in delivering Body Training Systems® (BTS) programs.

I had until July 2nd to get certified. No looking back.
    Kudos sir! You are making the rest of us all look bad ... keep it up!

Wow -- glanced at the pics from March 13th -- my form was AWFUL in the bottom pic. They jumped all over me in Group Ride training in late April. The training weekend was very helpful, as was the coaching from my fellow instructors that followed. Happy to say that my form has vastly improved.

I was tired when I made the last post. Meant to say the girl in the pic is one of my 2 Genesis family "daughters". She will soon be a Zumba instructor. Very blessed to be a father figure for 2 strong christian girls.

I have not changed girlfriends again. LOL. Learned my lesson. Nita and I have been back together for nearly 4 months now. That girl has put up with me for 3 years, all told. She deserves a medal.

My weight is fine -- 190 range right now. I had 6 weeks of very bad eating, but am back on track -- 3 strong weeks after my bad period. Nita has started her journey to lose weight. She has been spending more time with me in the gym and is working towards her own clean eating lifestyle. She asked me to come up with a plan of attack for her workouts. In my opinion, anyone who works out for 5 or more hours per week at my gym is a badass.

Initial plan for Nita :

Monday -- Zumba

Tuesday -- 30 minutes of my Group Ride class followed by 40+ minutes of Stretch Class (a gentle yoga class minus the breathing exercises) -- my class starts at 9 AM/ Stretch Class starts at 915 AM

Wednesday -- Group Power (weight lifting class)

Thursday -- 30 minutes of my Group Ride class followed by 40+ minutes of Stretch Class (a gentle yoga class minus the breathing exercises) -- my class starts at 9 AM/ Stretch Class starts at 915 AM

Friday -- Zumba

In addition, we are going to enter our 1st race, a 5 K run/obstacle course -- called Zombie Apocalypse -- too cool !!!! October 20th. I am brand new to running. Big challenge and a nice addition to my workout mix. Nita joins me on the track for training Thursday night.

Man, this whole thread makes me feel extremely lazy. this is amazing stuff KB.

my particular idea is the opposite of yours though. I've always been scrawny. It wasn't until maybe last year that i started gaining weight (now it's the kind i DON'T want lol). I guess my metabolism is catching up with me.

I was always 130-140 lbs in high school and even up until last year. now i fluctuate between 160-170 i think...or at least last time i checked.

I tried p90x but i had two jobs and it was nigh impossible. I only made it through 40 days...but i saw some results. my back was more defined as were my abs etc.

my wife and i tried the 10 minute trainer but i think it's designed more for those who want to lose weight etc.

i want to be at 170 (apparently my ideal weight given that i'm 6'1") but in bulk, not fat. I don't want to be all huge like some pro wrestler...but i'd like to at least look like i have some semblance of muscle lol.

maybe one of these days i'll get some motivation to get there.

you sir, on the other hand, look like you are doing awesome or like you could actually run the Iron Man triathlon or whatever it is lol.

Good job buddy!

DISCLAIMER: MY REVIEWS OFTEN CONTAIN SPOILERS. READ AT YOUR OWN RISK.

It can be done, RB! I started a creatine cycle today. Back to weightlifting (had stopped with a shoulder issue) and, within a month, working with my personal trainer again. I've heard lots of good things about p90X and Insanity.

Super proud of my girlfriend Nita. She went way beyond the plan I made for her (5 hours of workouts per week). She is officially hooked on Zumba. Zumba kicks my ass.

This past week, Nita did :

4 hours Zumba
    1 hour Group Ride
    2 hours Gentle Yoga/Stretch Class

I am friends with a lot of Zumbamaniacs. They have adopted her. She is going to do 2 hours of Zumba today. The Zumba at my gym is 90% cardio. She's doing that this morning, then Zumba at the mall (90% dance for that one).