Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Remedy View Post
    really??? that's bologny

Oscar Mayer spells that B O L O G N A!

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/11/11/aaron-curry-fined-20000-for-hit-on-tim-

Raiders linebacker Aaron Curry is lighter in the wallet as a result of a hit on Broncos quarterback Tim Tebow on Sunday.

Curry was fined $20,000 for striking Tebow in the head and neck area, Jason La Canfora of NFL Network reports.

Although Thursday night was only Curry’s fourth game as a Raider, he has already lost $30,000 to fines. He was previously fined $10,000 for a late hit against the Chiefs.

Curry gave Tebow a bloody lip on Sunday, but Tebow says he’s not going to change his running style.
    Last edited by pipes; 11-11-2011 at 05:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Southtown View Post
    Yeah, and David Stern is pretty bad too. Seriously these commissioners have all gotten so far removed from the nuts and bolts of their respective games.
    Since the NBA lost what little semblance of integrity it had left years ago, I don't really care what Stern does. I don't want to see the same things happen to the NFL, so it sucks sometimes when the Commissioner is micro managing everything.

woot happy to see von bring some nastiness to our team

oakland raders gm
    latavis murray trade bait

I want to see Von Miler mic'd up because it seems that he isn't all that vocal

Quote Originally Posted by Southtown View Post
    Yeah, and David Stern is pretty bad too. Seriously these commissioners have all gotten so far removed from the nuts and bolts of their respective games.
    That is a really good way of putting it. Completely concur, thank you.

This league.... ugh. It is like football is becoming a no-contact sport. Cmon Goodell! This is not flag football okay?

Or maybe it is when you play the Raiders.

"Maybe if he had an iron suit or a magic hammer...."

Quote Originally Posted by stuckinjax View Post
    did the guy that hit Tebow under the chim get fined? What about Harrison for kicking him in the head?
    Maybe we should cover 'Tebow' up with a 'Brady' patch and then the phlags will Fly!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by biglenny View Post
    Maybe we should cover 'Tebow' up with a 'Brady' patch and then the phlags will Fly!!!!
    actually I hate the fines, they are stupid..we were allowed to hit harder in powder puff football than the NFL does now but if we are going to have silly rules then that was a fineable hit..although I personally believe it was just the momemtum when he hit him and obviously he had no ill will towards Tebow.

Quote Originally Posted by biglenny View Post
    curry got fined for a hit, not sure which hit

oakland raders gm
    latavis murray trade bait

Quote Originally Posted by stuckinjax View Post
    actually I hate the fines, they are stupid..we were allowed to hit harder in powder puff football than the NFL does now but if we are going to have silly rules then that was a fineable hit..although I personally believe it was just the momemtum when he hit him and obviously he had no ill will towards Tebow.
    Powder Puff Football is way more aggressive than the NFL has ever been

Girls be crazy
    http://forums.denverbroncos.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=382185&dateline=13182  11057
    Thank you Charger$

Quote Originally Posted by RunningWolf View Post
    Oscar Mayer spells that B O L O G N A!
    Balonie=foolishness, nonsense

Bologna=meat

That's the english lesson for today kids!

Anyway these guys make so much money 15-20k is pocket change, let's not delude ourselves.

I was more pointing out the double standard then Tebow getting singled out. I am quite sure if brady took the same hit there would be flags flying. and I do believe in the NFL does protect certain qbs more then others!! not saying its right, just saying.

Raiders linebacker Aaron Curry was also fined $20,000 for his hit on Broncos quarterback Tim
    Tebow in the gamem specifically for striking Tebow in the “head and neck area.” Raiders defensive end Jarvis Moss was also fined $15,000 for driving Tebow into the ground after a hit as well.

Who is Jarvis Moss?

If this is the same guy that was a Bronco, he was allergic to quarterbacks when he played here!
    http://forums.denverbroncos.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=31018&dateline=138207  1129

Quote Originally Posted by Changeisgood View Post
    Balonie=foolishness, nonsense

Bologna=meat

That's the english lesson for today kids!

Anyway these guys make so much money 15-20k is pocket change, let's not delude ourselves.
    Actually baloney= foolishness

Balonie is slang for weed

And balogna is the meat

But I agree these fines don't even dent how much they make