Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

My midseaswon Mock

My Mock if focused on the defense reaching an elite level, and I think we are close.

1. 3-Tech DT Brandon Thompson - Still like him as the perfect piece to stick next to Bunkley (must re-sign). Look at our division games and the rushing yards put up on our defense:

SD 43 carries 206 yards 4.8 avg
    Oak 39 carries 190 yards 4.9 avg; Bush 19 carries 96 yards 5.1 avg (no DMac)
    KC 24 carries 134 yards 5.6 avg (without Charles)

There is still a huge need for a run stuffer that can still get after the QB. We have all seen how destructive Miller and Doom combo can be when teams are in obvious passing downs. Thompson would be the one guy who could help stop the run and collapse the pocket. Also, if Bunkley got hurt, he could slide over from 3 tech and play NT.

TRADE 2nd, 3rd, and next years 3rd to move up and select Peter Konz - I think he is going to be an elite center, and quite frankly I am a little tired of seeing us get stuffed for -3 yards running up the middle. hate giving up 2 thirds to get him, but I think this is a huge need.

4. RB Dan Heron - Not flashy, but I think he is a very solid all around back that if not for suspension would be a late 2nd guy. With the depth of RBs in this draft I think he is available in the 4th.

5. CB Asa Jackson - I think we need to take a CB, but I would prefer we address the starter in FA. RCB needs to be upgraded, but Chris Harris has been a stud at Nickle back. Getting Thomas or Porter and grooming Jackson solves the RCB issue. Hopefully Vaughn and Thompson continue to improve in their 3rd year.

5. FB/RB - Terrance Ganaway - Maybe a reach here, but not a big one imo. Ganaway would be an ideal FB/RB hybrid for those quick pops up the middle. If injuries hit, he also acts as a 4th TB. I am thinking along the lines of the options we run, he would be a weapon. Regardless, Larsen is a FA and I think Ganaway has real good blocking potential also...5'11 240lbs with solid 4.65 speed.

After that I would focus on BPA at OT and WR for depth.

Free agency would be focused on S, RT, CB: best we can get at each position. I like Griffin, D Bell, and Thomas.
    Ravens GM 2016 - Ravens are looking to trade down 4-8 spots

Beadles is the reason we get stopped behind the line. Walton is actually a good run blocker.

I don't like trading our whole draft for so that we can get a center. Our biggest need is corner, defensive tackle, and a number 1 receiver.

Isn't Thompson more of a pass rusher than run stuffer?

Quote Originally Posted by SoundsOfSuccess View Post
    Isn't Thompson more of a pass rusher than run stuffer?
    I think he is the perfect combo. He plays NT for Clemson and sees double teams about 90% of the time on the games I have reviewed. If you get a chance to watch some Clemson games, he will be the guy who is always off the snap 1st...most disruptive guy on the DL.

I think if he was playing 3 tech and just allowed to penetrate, he would have 8-9 sacks by now.

Some like him some don't...

Peter Konz got rolled up on last night in the 4th quarter against Minnesota and suffered a dislocated ankle.

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/badge...133756413.html

Adopted Posters:
    Broncbeat - 80stheman - kmcgough25 - InsaneBlaze 23
    Adopted By:
    Broncoholic JS & 80stheman
    Broncbeat

Cornerback is our biggest need. I think if we get a shot at Claiborne you make him a Bronco. I also do not think we should trade up.

Quote Originally Posted by Thors Hammer View Post
    Peter Konz got rolled up on last night in the 4th quarter against Minnesota and suffered a dislocated ankle.

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/badge...133756413.html

Was not aware...that sucks. Should be fine with surgery, but looking at 6 months until full recovery. Maybe he slips to the 2nd then.

Quote Originally Posted by MHSalute View Post
    Was not aware...that sucks. Should be fine with surgery, but looking at 6 months until full recovery. Maybe he slips to the 2nd then.
    He'll likely stay for his senior year.

Adopted Posters:
    Broncbeat - 80stheman - kmcgough25 - InsaneBlaze 23
    Adopted By:
    Broncoholic JS & 80stheman
    Broncbeat

Like the fact you have Brandon Thompson in round one.I think him and Alameda are the two best DTs in the draft.But I think Thompson is more of a Pass rushing DT then a run stuffer,it could be because he gets double team half the time i have seen that a couple times. If it was me i would trade down to the mid 20s and pick Alameda and gain an extra second round pick.Then select Stephon Gilmore and Casey Hayward two young Corners to go along with Harris and get Goodman out.

Quote Originally Posted by maddenking27 View Post
    Like the fact you have Brandon Thompson in round one.I think him and Alameda are the two best DTs in the draft.But I think Thompson is more of a Pass rushing DT then a run stuffer,it could be because he gets double team half the time i have seen that a couple times. If it was me i would trade down to the mid 20s and pick Alameda and gain an extra second round pick.Then select Stephon Gilmore and Casey Hayward two young Corners to go along with Harris and get Goodman out.
    LMAO! Ta'amu is going in the 3rd-5th round range. He's not very good. And I'm not going to start on Brandon Thompson.

My suggestion to you is to look into Kawaan Short and Fletcher Cox, assuming Devon Still and Quinton Coples are now common knowledge at DT.

Quote Originally Posted by MHSalute View Post
    My Mock if focused on the defense reaching an elite level, and I think we are close.

1. 3-Tech DT Brandon Thompson - Still like him as the perfect piece to stick next to Bunkley (must re-sign). Look at our division games and the rushing yards put up on our defense:

SD 43 carries 206 yards 4.8 avg
    Oak 39 carries 190 yards 4.9 avg; Bush 19 carries 96 yards 5.1 avg (no DMac)
    KC 24 carries 134 yards 5.6 avg (without Charles)

There is still a huge need for a run stuffer that can still get after the QB. We have all seen how destructive Miller and Doom combo can be when teams are in obvious passing downs. Thompson would be the one guy who could help stop the run and collapse the pocket. Also, if Bunkley got hurt, he could slide over from 3 tech and play NT.

TRADE 2nd, 3rd, and next years 3rd to move up and select Peter Konz - I think he is going to be an elite center, and quite frankly I am a little tired of seeing us get stuffed for -3 yards running up the middle. hate giving up 2 thirds to get him, but I think this is a huge need.

4. RB Dan Heron - Not flashy, but I think he is a very solid all around back that if not for suspension would be a late 2nd guy. With the depth of RBs in this draft I think he is available in the 4th.

5. CB Asa Jackson - I think we need to take a CB, but I would prefer we address the starter in FA. RCB needs to be upgraded, but Chris Harris has been a stud at Nickle back. Getting Thomas or Porter and grooming Jackson solves the RCB issue. Hopefully Vaughn and Thompson continue to improve in their 3rd year.

5. FB/RB - Terrance Ganaway - Maybe a reach here, but not a big one imo. Ganaway would be an ideal FB/RB hybrid for those quick pops up the middle. If injuries hit, he also acts as a 4th TB. I am thinking along the lines of the options we run, he would be a weapon. Regardless, Larsen is a FA and I think Ganaway has real good blocking potential also...5'11 240lbs with solid 4.65 speed.

After that I would focus on BPA at OT and WR for depth.

Free agency would be focused on S, RT, CB: best we can get at each position. I like Griffin, D Bell, and Thomas.
    Not bad, BUT....

No way Konz is in the 2nd, he'll be a late-1st, and i hate the idea of trading picks.

Besides, CB is our biggest need, if one of Claiborne or Kirkpatrick are available when we pick, they should be our pick.

Quote Originally Posted by Mat'hir Uth Gan View Post
    LMAO! Ta'amu is going in the 3rd-5th round range. He's not very good. And I'm not going to start on Brandon Thompson.

My suggestion to you is to look into Kawaan Short and Fletcher Cox, assuming Devon Still and Quinton Coples are now common knowledge at DT.
    My suggestion to you is you watch some College football.Devin Still is having one good season out of the 3 hes played.Coples is a DE,The other two wont even make it into the top half of the second round. Thompson is a DT thats playing NT in a 3-4 and yet still gets double teams half the time,still makes plays in the backfield all year. Ta'amu is beast watch some games before you sit and look at mock drafts

Quote Originally Posted by maddenking27 View Post
    My suggestion to you is you watch some College football.Devin Still is having one good season out of the 3 hes played.Coples is a DE,The other two wont even make it into the top half of the second round. Thompson is a DT thats playing NT in a 3-4 and yet still gets double teams half the time,still makes plays in the backfield all year. Ta'amu is beast watch some games before you sit and look at mock drafts
    Hmmm....

1) Devon Still was very good last season.

2) It's clear you don't know anything about Short or Cox.

3) Coples was all-world as a DT last season, and he sucks as a DE this year.

4) Thompson plays 3 Tech in a 43 at Clemson. He's not even the best D-lineman on that team, Andre Branch, and he hasn't even been the most productive DT, Rennie Moore. Brandon Thompson has had 3 sacks and 6 tackles for loss all season. He hasn't been making plays in the backfield "all year".

5) Ta'amu was my sleeper selection at the beginning of last year before anyone heard of him, I scouted the hell out of him, and he's regressed this season after playing like crap last year as well.

Try again.

Just going to disagree on Thompson. He plays NT, the 270 lb Rennie Moore plays 3-tech.

Not sure if Brandon is bad at anything, leads team in QB pressures (quick burst), 3rd in Tackles (keeps his feet), and tied for 2nd in defensive snaps (stamina).

I have no doubt he goes top 20 unless injured or just flat out blows the combine (shows up out of shape).

i don't think you can disagree with the fact that branch has majorly out preformed thomas, and if one person looks like a first round pick on that d-line it would be branch

oakland raders gm
    latavis murray trade bait