Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    I really hope we avoid drafting a QB in the draft all together, unless Elway was completely sold on Tannehill. I very much want Tebow to go into next year as the unquestioned starter with all the 1st team reps, etc, so he can have the whole year to convince EFX he can throw. Then, if he fails, we can jusy take a first round QB in 2013, maybe Tyler Wilson or Tyler Bray. I think one of those two would be better then taking Tannehill, who is also a bit of a project.

Quote Originally Posted by MindField View Post
    J

If I'm Elway, I make the ultimate decision on Tebow a year from now, because I think he has to let this hand play completely out....

Or, does Elway drop the gavel and spend a first round pick on Ryan Tannehill??

If Elway does that, Tannehill will always be on the other side of the Tebow supporters, and that can't be a positive.
    If EFX is smart, they will wait a year.

It can't be lost on them the impact Von has had on the defense and the defense is winning games.

If I am Elway, I spend at least the top 2 picks on D (maybe three) and give Tebow an entire offseason to improve. With a top 5 defense, only one of two things will happen:

1. Tebow becomes the obvious weak link and we draft a QB.
    2. Tebow improves and we make a playoff run.

I do not see any grey area there. If you have a defense to contrast the offense, then all fans will have to be on board with moving on from Tebow (in his 3rd year), or will be enjoying an 11/12 win team or better.
    Ravens GM 2016 - Ravens are looking to trade down 4-8 spots

Quote Originally Posted by shawinkerpoppin View Post
    thats why I used the big "IF". Depending on matt linherts play these next games that could be a difference maker maybe the Seahawks want to take a chance with him and address another area idk. There is also Matt flyn who creates some buzz maybe someone takes a chance on him and decides to address another area. As of now there are at least 4 teams in desperate need for a QB all picking before the broncos and the only way any of them fall out of the top 10 is if one of the teams go a different route.
    LOL at Leinart...

Here's how i say it goes down.

Luck to Indy
    Jones to Mia
    Barkley to Sea
    Griffin to Washington

And we're left with the likes of Foles, Tannehill, and the guy from SDSU.

I'm not saying we won't get any of them, but with where we're gonna be picking, the only shot we have at them is to trade up, quite simply.

If it comes to Tannehill in the first round I say pass. There is better talent available at that spot.

In the second I'd jump on it though.

Otherwise your scenario sounds pretty good Mind. Should be an interesting offseason for sure.
    Bronco fan from Packer Land.
    Lefty Writer on The Sports Show with Woody Paige and Les Shapiro
    Tweet me @JoRo_5551

Quick Mock Draft

Sitting here bored at work, I decided to put together a quick 2012 mock draft. The draft order I use is based on what it would be if the season ended today.

TRADE! The Broncos trade pick #18 (round 1) to the Bengals for pick #25 (round 1) and pick #86 (round 3). Trade value: Broncos receive 880; Bengals receive 900. Reason: Bengals see that a linebacker falls and they jump ahead of teams that are in need of a linebacker.

Round 1 - Montee Ball - RB - Wisconsin
    I don't care what anyone says, the dude can play ball. Yeah, maybe he has the best OL in all of college, but regardless of that matter, it takes someone special to do what he does on a consistent basis. Fox loves his runningbacks and Ball is someone I could see Fox falling in love with. Moreno's career in Denver may possibly be over and McGahee isn't getting any younger. Ball is a future star in Denver.

Round 2 - Casey Hayward - CB - Vanderbilt
    A great, all-around corner, Hayward possesses great ball skills and is not afraid to come up and stop the run. A future starter in Denver, Hayward could learn from one of the best to ever play the game.

Round 3 - Kendall Reyes - DT - Connecticut
    A very good athlete in the middle, Reyes could start off in a rotational role but will eventually become a starter in Denver with the right coaching. A great value pick here.

Round 3 - Russell Wilson - QB - Wisconsin
    Ball's college quarterback, Wilson's stock may be on the rise, but if he falls to Denver, I think Denver takes a chance on him. I fully believe in Tim, so I see Tim starting here next year as well. However, Wilson would serve as a developmental backup to Tebow. Denver could end up trading Wilson down the road.

Round 4 - Brandon Washington - OL - Miami
    Washington can play multiple positions on the line, so his versatility is a plus. Adds much needed depth to the line.

Round 5 - Trumaine Johnson - DB - Montana
    A defensive back with talent, drops late because of off the field issues. With the right coaching and mentoring, Johnson could end up being a huge steal here.

Round 5 - Jermaine Kearse - WR - Washington
    Once a promising, young receiver, Kearse's play has been affected by a change in quarterback. A flyer here, Kearse is worth a shot.

Round 7 - Jeff Demps - ATH - Florida
    Give Tebow a weapon he's familiar with. A speedster, Demps adds depth to the backfield, as well as a receiver. Demps can return kicks as well.

We don't have 2 5ths. We're going to lose on to the Browns for Quinn.

Quote Originally Posted by JayJack View Post
    We don't have 2 5ths. We're going to lose on to the Browns for Quinn.
    No we lose a 6th, and Lloyd is about to break 30 receptions for the Rams. We will have 2 5ths.

On your mock. Love it. Plain and simple, best mock I have seen in quite a while. I don't know if Cinci will trade with us but its good value. I love Montee Ball, going to break Barry Sanders TD record.
    Denver Broncos GM
    Quote Originally Posted by Mosk View Post
    Joey Bosa ~ Jason Spriggs ~ Darian Thompson ~ Nick Vannett ~ Paul Perkins ~ Dan Vitale

Quote Originally Posted by THEdraftnik View Post
    No we lose a 6th, and Lloyd is about to break 30 receptions for the Rams. We will have 2 5ths.

On your mock. Love it. Plain and simple, best mock I have seen in quite a while. I don't know if Cinci will trade with us but its good value. I love Montee Ball, going to break Barry Sanders TD record.
    Nope. Our 6th rd pick goes to the Eagles for Mays.

EDIT: from rotoworld

Eagles waived RB J.J. Arrington, WR Dobson Collins, DE Pannel Egboh, TE Nate Lawrie, and OT Jeraill McCuller.
    Don't to be so quick to declare the Broncos the winners of the Arrington-Joe Mays trade. The Eagles will now receive a 2012 sixth-round pick from Denver since Arrington didn't make the roster
    Last edited by JayJack; 11-26-2011 at 05:59 PM.

Nope. Our 6th rd pick goes to the Eagles for Mays.

EDIT: from rotoworld

Eagles waived RB J.J. Arrington, WR Dobson Collins, DE Pannel Egboh, TE Nate Lawrie, and OT Jeraill McCuller.
    Don't to be so quick to declare the Broncos the winners of the Arrington-Joe Mays trade. The Eagles will now receive a 2012 sixth-round pick from Denver since Arrington didn't make the roster
    Thats correct, we would trade a 6th for Quinn then. But we don't have one. The conditional is based off of playing time and he has gotten none.

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/inde...l_benefit.html

The draft pick the Browns receive in 2012 in the Brady Quinn trade to Denver can be as high as the third round, a league source said, or as low as the sixth.
    Denver Broncos GM
    Joey Bosa ~ Jason Spriggs ~ Darian Thompson ~ Nick Vannett ~ Paul Perkins ~ Dan Vitale

Thats correct, we would trade a 6th for Quinn then. But we don't have one. The conditional is based off of playing time and he has gotten none.

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/inde...l_benefit.html
    We have to give the Eagles our 6th for Mays. At the LEAST, the Browns get a 6th. So since our 6th belongs to the Eagles, we have to give the Browns a 5th. We cannot just avoid giving the Browns a draft pick because we decided to give our 6th to the Eagles. And giving the Browns our 7th isn't even an option. Thanks McD.
    Last edited by JayJack; 11-26-2011 at 06:26 PM.

We have to give the Eagles our 6th for Mays. At the LEAST, the Browns get a 6th. So since our 6th belongs to the Eagles, we have to give the Browns a 5th. We cannot just avoid giving the Browns a draft pick because we decided to give our 6th to the Eagles. And giving the Browns our 7th isn't even an option. Thanks McD.
    unless we get a 6th

So does this mean we still have a 7th round pick or no?
    Denver Broncos GM

unless we get a 6th

So does this mean we still have a 7th round pick or no?
    As of now, as long as we don't trade it, yes we do. The Browns aren't gonna take a 7th just like that.

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoFanBoy View Post
    As of now, as long as we don't trade it, yes we do. The Browns aren't gonna take a 7th just like that.
    I was wondering if we had traded it to a different team. Looks like its time to adjust y'alls mocks with draft picks.
    Denver Broncos GM

what dd we trade for bunkley

oakland raders gm
    latavis murray trade bait

Quote Originally Posted by Kyousukeneko View Post
    what dd we trade for bunkley
    A 5th rd pick in 2013.