Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    I like you do my christmas shopping through out the year makes the expense easier, but I sometimes go shopping on Black Friday (did it last year) but it is only for something I want. Last year it was for the TV Target had that was like 42 or 46 1080 that was like $400 which has been a good investment. But I will never go to walmart because I heard that was terrible.

Adopted Broncos:
    (2011-2013) Eric Decker
    (2014-current) Bradley Roby
    Adopted posters:
    Everyone

apparently my response didnt post

anyways i said this

i normally dont but since im home for the holidays ill be going out with my mom and sister, mostly to help them shop for me and get a few smaller things

inception, the dark knight, and pulp fiction blurays are 5 bucks each and i love all those movies

BF3 and Batman AC and Assassins Creed are 28 bucks each and at half price a super deal

then im also looking into possibly buying a new xbox BB has a killer deal for a 250gb with halo reach, fable 3 and 3 months live for 200

or walmart has the xbox w kinect and 50 giftcard for 199, figure i can sell the kinect for 80-90 bucks too and get a hard drive instead
    -------

No, but I do get to go in at four AM that day because the store opens a hour early, which means if I want a good nights sleep I have to go to bed at eight on thanksgiving.

Thanks Blondie for the Sig

Quote Originally Posted by JWinn View Post
    Just watch a story about this on the news, and I wonder, how many people here go out and shop on Black Friday?

Do you encounter massive crowds? Do you save money? Is it worth it?

I have never done this. I tend to get my shopping for the holidays done throughout the year. For example, while in NY this summer, I found a nice, (but cheap) picture of the old Yankee Stadium my buddy will just love. Christmas shopping for him? Done in June.

For you New Yorkers, this was from a stand just down the street from the Met. Museum in the park. If I remember right, that's on 5th Ave.?

When I find something I think will make a great present, that's when I grab it. I don't wait until this time of year, hoping for a deal on junk the intended probably doesn't really want anyway.

Also, do you go out ON Thanksgiving to shop? I know more and more stores are opening up that day, hoping to cash in. (That's what the story on the news was about.)

One more question.

What do you get for a dad, in his 80's, who just want's "another grandchild"?

He aint gettin that!

He used to hike and Ski while in Aspen, and I have bought him all sorts of things for that. All of it still sits in drawers in the original packaging. I have bought him Bronco and Nugget stuff, shirts, jackets, etc., only to find them hanging in his closet with the tags still on them, unworn.

The last few years, I have just bought him, and my mom, a nice gift set of wine. They drink that, but I'd like to find something different this year.

Any suggestions for a guy who want's for nothing? Except more grandchildren?

Hi Jwinn, how's it been?

To answer your question, I do NOT shop on Black Friday.

I strictly shop during the holiday season on the internet for just about everything. I even pay for shipping and gift wrapping. Way too impatient and stressful to deal with it.

If it something like groceries, I'll go as soon as I can in the morning, or later at night.

I think those who shop on Black Friday have a masochist streak in them,

Quote Originally Posted by Jared View Post
    Hi Jwinn, how's it been?

To answer your question, I do NOT shop on Black Friday.

I strictly shop during the holiday season on the internet for just about everything. I even pay for shipping and gift wrapping. Way too impatient and stressful to deal with it.

If it something like groceries, I'll go as soon as I can in the morning, or later at night.

I think those who shop on Black Friday have a masochist streak in them,

JARED!! Holy smokes! It's been good! No change with me, lol. Other than having a tooth pulled Friday.

The same seats, the same Mustang, and I am watching Star Trek as I type.

How about you? Life treating you good I trust.

Quote Originally Posted by JWinn View Post
    JARED!! Holy smokes! It's been good! No change with me, lol. Other than having a tooth pulled Friday.

The same seats, the same Mustang, and I am watching Star Trek as I type.

How about you? Life treating you good I trust.

Life's been....interesting.

Mom had cancer, went into remission. Moved to DC, then Delaware. Added to my brood (another girl....she's 2 already), both grandmothers are terminally ill, messed up my hip running, but stuck at - ready to tackle a half marathon. Staying at home as a dad, once again.

What's been shaking down here?

I used to shop on Black Friday, the long hours, big crowds, cold weather, and limited items made me finally realize, there has got to be a better way.

I can usually find similar deals online. So now a days I work Black Fridays so my coworkers can go out and be the insane ones shopping.
    The Game Day Thread: Year 14 Now in progress.

last year i had to be at work at 6am....so i figured i'd get up just an hour early and hit a couple sales for the heck of it...worst idea ever...the walmart parking lot, at 5 am was full...not a single place to park...so i just left and went to work

i was thinking about going out on thanksgiving night/friday morning around 2am to pick up a couple things if there is something i want...assuming that should be a relatively quiet time...but we'll see

and about a gift for you dad...what about a gift certificate to a nice restaurant? everybody loves food....especially expensive food if you don;t have to pay

Black Friday shows just how incredibly materialistic our society is... kinda makes me sad, or maybe it is just the fact I am a guy and shopping with women make my head spin. Seriously, finding a bottle of shampoo can be as difficult as climbing Mt. Everest for some females. Black Friday is perfect day to sleep in, enjoy some college football and basketball, and then fall asleep again haha
    [IMG]http://img67.imageshack.us/img67/1266/natey0rk.jpg[/IMG]

People have been waiting at the local best by since Tuesday night.

Ive never gone shopping on black Friday , but I'm aware of the great deals. Personally , I got nothing I need to buy really...
    Now go get your shine box

I can't understand why anyone in their right mind would want to shop on Black Friday.

But that's me. :paper:

So... I thought about it... Went by the Best Buy to scout it out... Forget that noise
    *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women***

Adopted Bronco 2015 CJ Anderson

I have to work from 11:45 tonight until 8 in the morning... Store opens at 12 tonight.. boo.

2013 Adopted Bronco - Duke Ihenacho

I'm gonna give it a shot tomorrow with a friend. Last year, I went to a Target at around 4 in the afternoon, and I was able to get "Batman the Dark Knight" DVD for 4 bucks, and it wasn't even that busy. I got something I liked for a hell of a price!

2014 Pick'Em Challenge Champion
    Proud Fan of the 3 Time Super Bowl Champion Denver Broncos

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoFanBoy View Post
    I'm gonna give it a shot tomorrow with a friend. Last year, I went to a Target at around 4 in the afternoon, and I was able to get "Batman the Dark Knight" DVD for 4 bucks, and it wasn't even that busy. I got something I liked for a hell of a price!
    Yeah, I'll be going in to best buy and walmart after work tomorrow... I can always find something good.
    *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women***

Adopted Bronco 2015 CJ Anderson