View Poll Results: Is Tim Tebow the Franchise QB?

Voters
312. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

225 72.12%
  • No

16 5.13%
  • Only Time Will Tell

71 22.76%
Page 25 of 52 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25 26 27 35 ... LastLast
    Playoffs are fine if you are the Lions, but in Denver, it's about Super Bowls. Just ask Jake Plummer.

i love tebow but it probably is unlikely he will lead us to a SB, especially with a coaching staff that doesnt really know how to use him...

having said that, until we get lucky and hit with an awesome 2nd-3rd round qb id much rather watch tebow in the meantime alternating between awesome and ****ty than a constantly below avg orton-type

Quote Originally Posted by Fightmaker View Post
    Luck wasnt everything my friend. Tebow scorched the Steelers, and he is capable of doing things like that from time to time. He always has a punchers chance, and combined with some good breaks now and then, he will make some big plays and win some games. But he has on more than one occasion needed fortunate breaks to bail him out of what were certainly lackluster performances that he always wont get. I just feel like he is way too inconsistent for me to feel good about week in and week out.
    He was thrown in as the starter after a 1-4 start. He didn't get an off season because of the lockout and even when the lockout finally ended he hadn't been groomed as the starter. Orton was the one getting all the starter reps. Tebow hadn't worked with the #1 wrs. The offensive scheme changed from week to week.

Once they work with him during the whole off season and actually prepare him as the starter and prepare an actual consistent offensive game plan, he should be much better going into next season.

On top of everything else, the guy has been more criticized and scrutinized than any QB I've ever seen in my lifetime, including #1 overall picks. The fact that he's still standing after all that and was successful after all of that shows that he has mental toughness that very few QBs in the NFL have.

Next year he should show what he can really do after they work with him as the #1 guy going into the season.
    2 of the top 3 NFL QBs of all time have been Broncos

good run we had,but dont be surprised when we start a new qb next season.

Not sure I like his postgame comments atm

Only knack I have on Tebow is his postgame pressers. I know making kids that has tragedies happen to them is a big deal to him I get that. I just wish when he's asked about the game he doesn't brush off the game like it's not a big deal. Listening to his presser I have to question Tebow's motives just a little.

The loss isn't a big deal because I got to make a kid smile...I mean I wish he says yes it's a big deal. Then he gets to use the platform to go into hospitals and to the Phillipines and stuffs. (May have spelled that wrong.) I mean you were just in a playoff game...so if I have one gripe that would be it.

I still like Tebow and all but I am not so sure he should make those comments after a big loss like that. Could just be me.
    :go:

Quote Originally Posted by BroncsSB#3 View Post
    He was thrown in as the starter after a 1-4 start. He didn't get an off season because of the lockout and even when the lockout finally ended he hadn't been groomed as the starter. Orton was the one getting all the starter reps. Tebow hadn't worked with the #1 wrs. The offensive scheme changed from week to week.

Once they work with him during the whole off season and actually prepare him as the starter and prepare an actual consistent offensive game plan, he should be much better going into next season.

On top of everything else, the guy has been more criticized and scrutinized than any QB I've ever seen in my lifetime, including #1 overall picks. The fact that he's still standing after all that and was successful after all of that shows that he has mental toughness that very few QBs in the NFL have.

Next year he should show what he can really do after they work with him as the #1 guy going into the season.

So there shouldn't be any excuses for him next year. Right?

Quote Originally Posted by Broncoyearound View Post
    Only knack I have on Tebow is his postgame pressers. I know making kids that has tragedies happen to them is a big deal to him I get that. I just wish when he's asked about the game he doesn't brush off the game like it's not a big deal. Listening to his presser I have to question Tebow's motives just a little.

The loss isn't a big deal because I got to make a kid smile...I mean I wish he says yes it's a big deal. Then he gets to use the platform to go into hospitals and to the Phillipines and stuffs. (May have spelled that wrong.) I mean you were just in a playoff game...so if I have one gripe that would be it.

I still like Tebow and all but I am not so sure he should make those comments after a big loss like that. Could just be me.
    You know, your comment may not be that popular with some but it has some merit for sure. I totally respected his comments in the presser after the Steelers game. But, when you get you a** handed to you, it makes less sense. The thing is he has to understand that it is his job. People are paying to watch him. When you fail to do your job well, you need to explain it. You can't go in to your boss' office and say, "yeah boss, sorry the numbers in my report were all wrong, but you know, isn't the fact that I am helping out this charity enough to get you to forget that"?. I think he will learn from this. I think he will learn that he also has to stand up there and take responsibility and answer the questions.

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoBreeder View Post
    So there shouldn't be any excuses for him next year. Right?
    I`ll answer your condesending post. If our defense keeps our team in the game and we stop being so predictable, then no there wont be any excuses
    "If you fumble the ball, I will break off my foot in your John Brown hind parts; and then you will run a mile."My Adopted bronc is Duke Ihenacho

I hear ya man, I get sick of hearing about how he has much more important stuff to do than football as well. His press conferences should be about football, save the other stuff for the off season. I have a feeling the Broncos don't much like being 2nd chair either, but we'll see.
    Last edited by DeepOnScuba; 01-14-2012 at 10:35 PM.

X2 makes me feel like he isnt fully focused. Then again their were players like Kurt Warner who had the same view of football in that its just a game and he still had a good career and had to fight for everything he ever did
    "If you fumble the ball, I will break off my foot in your John Brown hind parts; and then you will run a mile."My Adopted bronc is Duke Ihenacho

Quote Originally Posted by Broncos86 View Post
    X2 makes me feel like he isnt fully focused. Then again their were players like Kurt Warner who had the same view of football in that its just a game and he still had a good career and had to fight for everything he ever did
    I actually believe he is totally focused. I think though that he doesn't appreciate the fact that this is his job, and that he has to answer to someone for it. And yes it is a game, and yes there are more important things in life. But at the same time, you are paid a lot of money to do your job. When you don't do it well, you need to answer for that. And people need to vent, and need to hear you explain it. It is part of the job.

Quote Originally Posted by DeepOnScuba View Post
    34.6% completion percentage. Tied for 4th worst of all time postseason.
    Completion % =s 30% QB, 30% reciever, 30 % coverage and 10% playcalling(deep or short).

You cannot complete a freaking pass without protection, and without a receiver that can catch and get open.

Why do people keep putting this entirely on the quarterback? Tebow has PROVEN he can be as accurate as anyone else when his receivers get open and gets the right match-ups. HE's done it already more than once this year.

2 8 69 25.0 8.63 56 1 0 102.6
    10 15 202 66.7 13.47 42 2 0 149.3
    9 18 143 50.0 7.94 39 1 0 95.4
    13 27 161 48.1 5.96 42 2 0 91.7
    4 10 79 40.0 7.90 31 1 0 101.7
    10 21 316 47.6 15.05 80 2 0 125.6 Pittsburg

Those are good NFL passer ratings. He's done this a lot this season. They may be conservative but they are good. He should actually be commended not criticized for being able to do this with a low completion % because it means he's completing deeper passes.

And tonight?
    9 26 136 34.6 5.23 41 0 0 52.7

It just happens:

Tom Brady against the Ravesn in 2010:

23 42 154 54.8 3.67 24 2 3 49.1

Did Tom Brady have a better completion %? Yeah. Was he worse than Tebow overall as a passer? YES! But this is Tebow's first playoff appearance against the #2 most efficient defense in the NFL. Yeah the Pats are better than the Steelers and people are just now finding that out. Tom Brady was a veteran in that game. What's his excuse for throwing 3 interceptions?

A passer is more about than just compeletion %.

There are 4 areas that they get graded on: completion %, interception %, td%, yards avg.

The only one a quarterback can really have full control over is interceptions. All the other areas are shared responsibilities. Tom Brady's completion % is better because of his better receivers and shorter passes that he attempts. His yards average is better because of yards after catch. His TD % is heavily dependent on his receivers.

His interception % is not better. The ONE area where Tebow has complete control over, he's one of the best in the league. What does that tell you about the man? Tom Brady got picked off tonight. Tim didn't. He still threw 26 freaking passes and did not get intercepted. But he needs time in the pocket and he needs receivers to be able to complete more passes.

Alex Smith
    Tom Brady
    Aaron Rodgers
    Tim Tebow

These are the 4 guys that have excelled this season in this area.

Drew Brees never really compared in his career with Brady or Rodgers in this area. Drew Brees was completely exploitable by a guy with a better itnerception % I just thought it would end up being Rodgers. But Smith proved its importance. While people hype Brees yards on yards and completion %, the one area that cost you the game, he lacks in. Alex Smith proved it tonight and even came out and said it. He didn't care how many yards Brees throws for, he knew he would outscore him. And Drew Brees got owned by Alex Smith. Because the one area that you can really set yourself apart from other quarterbacks is the one area you can actually have full control over. That's your interception %.

That says more about Tebow than 90% of the quarterbacks in this league who put up great looking numbers because of their offensive styles, or receivers or whatever else they may have.

Tim Tebow is #1 in air yards %

End of argument. Be proud. You don't know what you got as a passer in this guy. That means he has been asked to complete mainly deep throws all season long and has done a better job at it than anyone else in the NFL.
    People need to go look at what a real quarterback used to be prided on. Not a 15 yard pass that goes for 80 yards. It was your ability to throw a 50 yard bomb down field and place it straight in your receivers hands. THAT's what Tebow does best. That's what requires accuracy.

If he can do that, he can sure as hell complete dink and dunk passes when you get the guy the type of receivers around him that he needs. People need to stop smoking whatever it is they are smoking.

A guy capable of throwing such great deep balls if fully capable of throwing short passes. He's not in a position to doing that with this offense and this group right now. And on his deep throws, even tonight I saw his receivers make no plays on great throws while the Patriots receivers were jumping, diving, being physical...making plays for the ball.
    Last edited by FanofFootball; 01-14-2012 at 10:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by InElwayWeTrust View Post
    So he lost to one of the best QBs to ever live, people need to chill out.

TEBOW is the quarterback of the future. If you don't like it, see ya.
    Dont fool yourself, he's got a TON of improvement to do. He needs to get better quickly.

The draft is around the corner & I guarantee the Broncos FO are looking at their options @ QB.

He can't get better without the right offense and receivers. The only way Tebow can get "better" is with a full off-season a re-designed offense and better receiving threats.

Or go hire Rob Chudzinsky from Carolina and let him design this offense. I promise you he will have no problem completing 60% of his passes in that style offense if he can do this in this style offense.

Everybody else wants Chud. Denver can call him up too if they want.

Guess the Big Guy wasn't checking HIS messages today.

Wonder why Tebow didn't "Tebow" and thank you know who after this beatdown. Kind of hypocritical to me.

Also, after he wins he goes and takes part in the midfield prayer with players of both teams, but today after getting his azz handed to him he was just walking back to the locker room while the other Den and NE players took part in their prayer at midfield.