Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

any older bronco fans?

Im only 23 years old and started watching when I was 9 so I didnt get to watch much of elways career, only his last 3 or 4 years.

I know he was known as the comeback kid and was always winning close games but was it anything like this? Did he play bad the entire game and then just turn it on in the final 5 minutes of the game when he was really young.

These games cant be healthy for me, every game is coming down to the final moments.

Be gentle on the "older"... but yes, we have many "older" fans here. Both by age and tenure. But.. ALL are welcome to Bronco Nation!!
    *2011 BCMB Locker Room Division I League Champion*
    *Voted; 2013 & 2015 BCMBA's Scariest Mod*
    *Voted; 2014 BCMBA's Best Avi and Most Friendly*

Yeah, I remember similar stuff when Elway was young. Why I fell in love with Elway was because you always knew no matter how bad it looked, as long as we were within a score or two going into the fourth quarter we still had a chance.

He of course become much more polished in his 30's.

Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

Elway had many bad games and yes, there were games where he stunk up the place before winning it.

What I admired about Elway was his heart. That is why I also admire Tebow.
    Broncos for life!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Starbroncs View Post
    Im only 23 years old and started watching when I was 9 so I didnt get to watch much of elways career, only his last 3 or 4 years.

I know he was known as the comeback kid and was always winning close games but was it anything like this? Did he play bad the entire game and then just turn it on in the final 5 minutes of the game when he was really young.

These games cant be healthy for me, every game is coming down to the final moments.
    Elway did have a few games just like this where the coach Dan Reeves was very conservative, running Sammy Winder off tackle all game, then leave it up to Elway to win the game in the end.

But Elway would throw it more. Elway would scramble like Tebow, but Elway would try to keep the play alive to throw a pass a lot mroe than Tebow, whereas Tebow takes off running more than Elway.

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    Yeah, I remember similar stuff when Elway was young. Why I fell in love with Elway was because you always knew no matter how bad it looked, as long as we were within a score or two going into the fourth quarter we still had a chance.

He of course become much more polished in his 30's.
    Yea that was the only elway I got to watch. I grew up with rabid bronco fans in my family and I started watching the year we lost to the jags in the playoffs (pretty good time to start right? )

Theres something about tebow that is always making me believe he will or come very close in those final minutes. Its a completely different experience than what I saw with orton.

Been a fan sence 76. Elway did not look good his first season until game 12, then it was all about Elway and his 4th quarter comebacks.

Elway had plenty of games where a frustrating interception would place us in a hole, then as somebody commented earlier on, we'd offer up endless helpings of Sammy Winder in some weird attempt to try and recover. It pretty much never worked. Then finally they'd let Elway try to save the day... and quite frequently he would. I have found myself feeling that same frustrated feeling as the modern Broncos run up the middle over and over again on first down that I used to have watching Winder run for 2 or 3 yards. But that's not the topic of this thread so I'll wrap this up. Haha

For the sake of the mods, please don't report my sig anymore. They have said it does not violate the Code of Conduct. Thanks!

Been watching since 1984...yea Elway had some really bad games early in his career....Tebow and Elway just have "it" for QB....there was even media talk during Elway's 1'st yr he picked the wrong sport and should go to baseball.

Tim has the same heart, drive, and will to win just like John had.
    People should not be afraid of their governments, governments should be afraid of their people.

Define "older". lol

I'm 40 and I remember being a Broncos fan when Craig Morton was QB (pre-Elway)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Go broncos and get off my lawn !!!

Quote Originally Posted by keith7198 View Post
    Define "older". lol

I'm 40 and I remember being a Broncos fan when Craig Morton was QB (pre-Elway)
    old enough to see elway in his early years lol. Im almost ashamed that I missed the bulk of his career.

I recall a game in 1985, dont remember who they played, but Duke threw 4 INT's in the FIRST HALF!! I thought for sure he was going to be benched come the third quarter. Nope, Reeves kept him in and we won the game in O.T. The Duke was a gunslinger, the heart of an assasin.

Quote Originally Posted by Starbroncs View Post
    old enough to see elway in his early years lol. Im almost ashamed that I missed the bulk of his career.
    No reason to be ashamed. It's not like you had control over that.
    *2011 BCMB Locker Room Division I League Champion*
    *Voted; 2013 & 2015 BCMBA's Scariest Mod*
    *Voted; 2014 BCMBA's Best Avi and Most Friendly*