Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Starbroncs View Post
    Im only 23 years old and started watching when I was 9 so I didnt get to watch much of elways career, only his last 3 or 4 years.

I know he was known as the comeback kid and was always winning close games but was it anything like this? Did he play bad the entire game and then just turn it on in the final 5 minutes of the game when he was really young.

These games cant be healthy for me, every game is coming down to the final moments.
    Usually Dan Reeves would run the ball allot with RBs and OL who did not deserve that much attention.

When the game got late Elway would take over and win it.

Same kind of feel but not sure if it is exactly the same thing.

Bottom line is Tebow has the same will to win Elway does.
    Win lose or tie Bronco fan til I die

Im only 23 years old and started watching when I was 9 so I didnt get to watch much of elways career, only his last 3 or 4 years.

I know he was known as the comeback kid and was always winning close games but was it anything like this? Did he play bad the entire game and then just turn it on in the final 5 minutes of the game when he was really young.

These games cant be healthy for me, every game is coming down to the final moments.
    Yup.

Everyone wants to remember Elway for the QB he became, not the QB he started out as.

He was even benched in favor of Steve DeBerg at one point.

Quote Originally Posted by missstatebronco View Post
    Been watching since 1984...yea Elway had some really bad games early in his career....Tebow and Elway just have "it" for QB....there was even media talk during Elway's 1'st yr he picked the wrong sport and should go to baseball.
    As a Yankee fan, quite a bummer having him not chose baseball. As a Bronco fan, I couldnt be more thrilled.
    Denver Broncos
    New York Yankees
    New York Knicks
    Colorado Avalanche

I feel so young here, only 19 :|

Started watching during the plummer days right after elway retired(I didn't get to watch any of the legendary stuff ): )

my dad went to colorado state so he was a big bronco fan (I live in california, 30 minutes outside of oakland.... :p

Well, I wasn't a Broncos or Elway fan in his first ten years, so I can't speak for that. I became a Broncos fan after returning from Germany to live in Colorado in 1994 and watching a couple of games. I came to the conclusion that this might be the best QB to ever play the game and he still didn't have a championship, and that's when I became a Broncos fan.

But no, I never remember Elway going long stretches, throwing so many bad passes during a game as what Tebow is throwing. Elway was not that inaccurate during the time I watched him.
    You Tell 'em Justice is coming. You tell 'em I'M coming!

Talking about the legend of Elway makes me think of the movie "Braveheart" and the way they were talking about the legend of William Wallace. But as an "all in" fan that's how I kinda like to remember him. As I said earlier in the thread, there were lots of ups and lots of downs, but the ups made every down worth it. For every interception that would've made u smack your forehead, there was a TD pass or 3rd and long scramble with a 30yard strike across his body with such velocity and accuracy like no one else that would make your heart skip a beat. He seemed superhuman, or extra-terrestrial. U gotta get whole game DVD's because u gotta experience the whole thing, not just highlights which only show the good.
    #swapping