Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast
    Dont be at all surprised when Tim goes to New England. It is in the works.
    Denver 34 Oakland 16

Quote Originally Posted by Gator Wheel View Post
    Elway may have been a good QB, but as a front office guy he is a joke.
    Actually, that comment is a joke.

Elway has already done incredible things for the team.

The team has been a disaster on defense for five years, and in one offseason, hired the coach and drafted the players to make dramatic improvements. He recognized the teams No. 1 priority, and addressed it.

He had what looks like a great draft.

You are biased because you are obviously a Tebow fan, and anything short of Elway embracing Tebow, you are not going to accept, but John Elway has done not just a good job so far, but a masterful one, period.

BTW, how are Tebow fans going to look if/when Elway drafts his next QB and has great success with him?

Remember, no Packer fan wanted Aaron Rodgers three years ago over Favre, how has that one turned out?
    Last edited by MindField; 11-23-2011 at 10:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by PowderAddict View Post
    6 games remaining. Plenty of time to change minds.

I haven't decided myself if I want Tebow as the QB next year, I'm just enjoying the ride. I'm witholding judgement until the season is over and the story of the 2011 season has been written. I don't begrudge the FO for doing the same.

That said, it's soooooooo much better watching Tebow & Co than Orton & Co!!!!
    Well said I'm enjoying the ride now maybe elway is just thinking about the future more than why's happening now

Quote Originally Posted by MindField View Post
    This Tebow issue is a HUGE lightening rod for the organization, because Tebow is so popular, and really, for Bronco fans, it's easy to understand.

Tebow is flawed, but he is an incredible competitor, he is a good guy parents can feel good about leading their team and influencing their kids, and he brings something Bronco fans haven't had in a while, and that's hope.

Elway and Fox are in a different situatin. They didn't draft Tebow, but have to somehow manage Tebow mania. They have the 'big picture' in mind when evaluating all aspects of the team, including Tebow.

I think there is a point where if Tebow succeeds and gets the Broncos to the playoffs this year, the Broncos are almost going to have to be patient and give him another year.

This is a huge PR greasefire waiting to happen, and John Elway has to handle the situation with kid gloves, because if he screws it up, he will divide Bronco fans even more than they already are.

For me, I don't believe Tebow ultimately can win throwing the ball like he does, but I am also not thinking about the future, and want to see them win now, starting with what I hope is a right hook to the jaw of Philip Rivers and the San Diego Chargers on Sunday.

We have five years of payback we owe them, I hope we begin to collect on Sunday.
    Great Post....No one knows for sure what direction the team is going from here, but for now it's been a hell of a ride and I'm enjoying it.

When I think "big picture" what happens if TT goes down to injury? Who could they find to run this style offense? There are many more questions than answers for me. This weekend's game is the biggest one for this team so far, I hope we annihilate the Chargers.

Hopefully it's a game where we see Phillis on his back more than on his feet.

Actually, that comment is a joke.

He has already done incredible things for the team.

The team has been a disaster on defense for five years, and in one offseason, hired the coach and drafted the players to make dramatic improvements.

He had what looks like a great draft.

You are biased because you are obviously a Tebow fan, and anything short of Elway embracing Tebow, you are not going to accept, but John Elway has done not just a good job so far, a masterful one, period.
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! The metamorphosis that Elway pulled off with the defense and running game between games 5 and 6 are really amazing. Nice job Elway! If he supports Tebow he should say "tebow is awesome". If he doesn't and wants to draft another qb he should still say "tebow is awesome".

I will let you figure out why that might be a smart move for the organization...
    Denver 34 Oakland 16

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! The metamorphosis that Elway pulled off with the defense and running game between games 5 and 6 are really amazing. Nice job Elway! If he supports Tebow he should say "tebow is awesome". If he doesn't and wants to draft another qb he should still say "tebow is awesome".

I will let you figure out why that might be a smart move for the organization...
    Agreed. Why put more added pressure on TT? If you don't support TT, don't say it. I mean, how hard is this to comprehend? Let TT do his thing and shut your mouth, Elway.

No, i like Tebow as much as the next guy, but he still hasn't proved he can be a good QB as a passer YET. All Elway said is RIGHT NOW do you have your franchise QB, it's still too early to tell.

And what did MF said that was wrong.

Our OL has been great, running game.

And yes, our defense has been absolute crap the past 5 years, and in Year 1 of a rebuild, we're showing a lot of signs.

They absolutely struck a homerun with the Miller pick, Moore/Irving TBD, Carter looks like a steal. And they hired one of the bright young defensive minds to be DC.

More to the team then just Tebow

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by jlhawkins9 View Post
    I wonder if bowlen had anything to say to him about his comments? I can't wait to hear elways next interview and see if he try's to back track his statements . I have a big problem with the way Elway is causing more distractions. It would be totally diff if we where 2-8, but we are not. John thinks he is bigger then then the broncos and the city. John keep your mouth shut and enjoy the ride, you will get credit for the turn around because of the fox hire and miller pick. At some point Denver needs a qb that's the face of the franchise. Why not Tebow, all he does is wins and brings leadership, character and the will to win. There hasn't been a guy in any sport that is like Tebow be glad you inherited him and take joy in making him a better qb
    I think it is the Dogma of NFL Conventional Wisdom.... it is the perceived notion that for an NFL QB to be a winner he has to have these measurables, this pass percentage, this efficieny quotient, blah, blah, blah.......

While being a good passer is very important, the question becomes "Does it have to be done the traditional way?" Can a guy be a fierce competitor, a serviceable passer AND be clutch when those other prototypical elite guys can't get over the hump?

Elways strikes me a "it has to be this way" kind of guy..... I would not surpised is Tebow is wearing a different Uni come next year.... I will say I am really enjoying the time he is here, and hope it coninues for a long time.
    A super bowl victory is the only thing that matters in a season. So to show improvement you have to get closer than we were last year. So the AFCC game is a good answer if we only match what we did last year it is a failure. The Giants were 9-7 and won it all so record or first round bye mean nothing unless you win it all-

#87Birdman wrote it- adding Manning, the Broncos should be held to it, and certain posters think otherwise and we know who you are.....

Quote Originally Posted by justin5502 View Post
    Agreed. Why put more added pressure on TT? If you don't support TT, don't say it. I mean, how hard is this to comprehend? Let TT do his thing and shut your mouth, Elway.
    Maybe so but the thing is Tebow seems to be fueled by those type of comments. You know the 'while I sleep he's out there working harder than me' mentality.

Tim has handeled pressure before and I think thiese comments dont affect much if not they make him want to work out more where there are deficiencies.
    Canadian Denver Bronco Fan #7

Adopted Broncos:
    -:Mr. Decker:-

Actually, no he doesn't.

What he has to be is fair and consistent, and he has absolutley done that.

John Elway is the leader of the organization. He has to make the best decision as to what the team does to improve and have success, and in less than one full year on the job, has done exactly that.

Tim Tebow is a VERY difficult situation, and Elway did not ask for that, he inherited that issue...now he has to make the best decision he can make, period.

What Elway said Monday is absolutely true, I guess that gets lost to the Tebow myopians.

You can't go 3 of 13 on third downs for ever and continue to win games, and while Tebow freaks want to give him all the credit, ST's made two HUGE plays to contribute: the onsides kick against Miami, and the punt return against Oakland to win those games.

Or Andre Goodman's pic six Thursday night. DEFENSE won that game, plain and simple.

Yes, Tebow has been inspirational, and has been a huge breath of fresh air, but all Elway has essentially said is five games are not enough to just hand him over the keys.

The Broncos, as a TEAM, have won 4 of the last 5, not just Tim Tebow.

Quote Originally Posted by ERoyal248 View Post
    No, i like Tebow as much as the next guy, but he still hasn't proved he can be a good QB as a passer YET. All Elway said is RIGHT NOW do you have your franchise QB, it's still too early to tell.

And what did MF said that was wrong.

Our OL has been great, running game.

And yes, our defense has been absolute crap the past 5 years, and in Year 1 of a rebuild, we're showing a lot of signs.

They absolutely struck a homerun with the Miller pick, Moore/Irving TBD, Carter looks like a steal. And they hired one of the bright young defensive minds to be DC.

More to the team then just Tebow
    It is more than the one comment by Elway. When Elway and Xanders are travelling around scouting top college QBs, it is a pretty clear message. I fully expect to see Tim in New England next year.
    Denver 34 Oakland 16

Quote Originally Posted by PowderAddict View Post
    6 games remaining. Plenty of time to change minds.

I haven't decided myself if I want Tebow as the QB next year, I'm just enjoying the ride. I'm witholding judgement until the season is over and the story of the 2011 season has been written. I don't begrudge the FO for doing the same.

That said, it's soooooooo much better watching Tebow & Co than Orton & Co!!!!
    more of this ^

Every game, every day in between, every second does not have to be a organizational referrendum on Tebow and the minutae of their future plans.... the team is winning, the D looks solid, Tebow is competing and learning... really the question every week should be about the next team we play, and how are we goign to hit them in the mouthpiece and roll over them.

Frankly, we may not even draft very high in 2012..... so talking the future while that is unknown is cart was before the horse.
    A super bowl victory is the only thing that matters in a season. So to show improvement you have to get closer than we were last year. So the AFCC game is a good answer if we only match what we did last year it is a failure. The Giants were 9-7 and won it all so record or first round bye mean nothing unless you win it all-

#87Birdman wrote it- adding Manning, the Broncos should be held to it, and certain posters think otherwise and we know who you are.....

Quote Originally Posted by justin5502 View Post
    He can't just 'shut his mouth', he's the leader of the Broncos as an organization, and he has to inject a little reality to a situation that in alot of cases behaves more like fantasy football than the NFL.

I liken this to the Broncos 6-0 start in 2009...and ultimately, where did that get us?

I am enjoying the ride, and just hoping to beat SD this Sunday, and hoping this 'Tebow Thing' plays itself out one way or another by seasons end.

Actually, no he doesn't.

What he has to be is fair and consistent, and he has absolutley done that.

John Elway is the leader of the organization. He has to make the best decision as to what the team does to improve and have success, and in less than one full year on the job, has done exactly that.

Tim Tebow is a VERY difficult situation, and Elway did not ask for that, he inherited that issue...now he has to make the best decision he can make, period.

What Elway said Monday is absolutely true, I guess that gets lost to the Tebow myopians.

You can't go 3 of 13 on third downs for ever and continue to win games, and while Tebow freaks want to give him all the credit, ST's made two HUGE plays to contribute: the onsides kick against Miami, and the punt return against Oakland to win those games.

Or Andre Goodman's pic six Thursday night. DEFENSE won that game, plain and simple.

Yes, Tebow has been inspirational, and has been a huge breath of fresh air, but all Elway has essentially said is five games are not enough to just hand him over the keys.

The Broncos, as a TEAM, have won 4 of the last 5, not just Tim Tebow.
    Myopian and freak. Way to keep it classy, bro.

They have won 4 of their last five with the same team, coach and front office that lost four of their first five (minus Lloyd). Myopian, freak, homer, Tebowmaniac, whatever insults you want to spew, the only change in the team besides Lloyd is Tim.
    Denver 34 Oakland 16

I've said this before and I'll say it again. The Broncos are moving on with Tim. He's got 3 more years on his contract after this year. They hire Fox who helped to invent wildcat and who's dream was to create the very offense they are running right now. They get rid of Orton. Elway giggles uncontrollably at the thought of Quinn going in. Elway says that Tebow did the things he knew he could do which is make the big plays to help win the game. Flash back to our losses at the beginning of the season and what did he say, winning games comes down to about 4 or 5 plays and we haven't made those plays. Does he want Tim to improve and show more, yes I think we all do but nothing he has said or done indicates they aren't gonna give any chance after this year.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]An intelligent man is sometimes forced to be drunk to spend any amount of time with a Cowboys fan. ~ John Riggins