Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Some high end young talent at corner and safety to develop. We will need more of those QB guys. We need more play makers on the offense particularly at WR (unless there is significant upswing in performance before the season ends). Another horse at RB like Trent Richardson (he will probably be too expensive however).

What we do with our first pick will largely depend on what is decided about those that will go unnamed.

We definitely need a Running Back and DT in the first 3 rounds of the draft, those two positions have not been addressed in years, Denver was known for its hard to handle running game and our defensive line has gone to pot even before Shanahan was let go.

Deff need a RB mcgahee should be our 2 back just like he was in Bal. continue to find tune the D and continue to build a team that plays tough D and runs the ball

I'd love to get Trent Richardson or Dre Kirkpatrick. Dunno if that's still possible. But both would be huge additions.

I still think Goodmans pick six was THE good play on a bad night for him. He was costing us the game prior to that. Chris Harris has played well but we need help in our CB corp.

Moreno if he sticks around at all with us will do so most successfully as a third down and rotation back. While I sort of hate RB's in the first round I love Richardson's talent. That and the current style of our offense suggests another back should be a priority.
    Last edited by JoRo; 11-25-2011 at 07:54 PM.
    Bronco fan from Packer Land.
    Lefty Writer on The Sports Show with Woody Paige and Les Shapiro
    Tweet me @JoRo_5551

I kinda wish the Broncos hadn't had so many injury issues that they had to put Ty Warren on injured reserve. This would have been around the time that he would have been expected to return from his injury. I would have liked to see what he and Bunkley could do together in the middle of the defensive line.

The defense is the real story of the Broncos' resurgence.
    Negs are Cowardly Acts of Nonsense. I wont Back Down.
    No Matter How Stupid Your Comments Are!
    Still Not Backing Down!!!

I'm giving joe a CP just for typing that all out on an iPhone

Quote Originally Posted by garzjoe View Post
    Oh yeah please excuse any spelling mistakes or grammar, did this on the iPhone.

Thx,
    Joe
    No. Freaking. Way.
    You definitely deserve some CP for that effort.

Here's my take on the team; we clearly have less pressing needs than we thought we had heading into the season, thanks in no small part to the impressive standard of play we've got out of our group of DTs. Nobody expected much from them but they've been pretty damn good; Bunkley is perhaps the best DT we've had in Denver for a long time and McBean has really surprised me. We should definitely still be looking at DT in the draft, of course. Can never have too many and we don't have an elite presence to collapse the pocket. A quality UT would be perfect.

The OL is tricky, because they didn't look good early in the season; Beadles, Walton, and Franklin continue to be wildly inconsistent. The question is, do you go for an upgrade at one of those positions and break up the chemistry of the group (they've obviously come together as a unit as of late) and do you feel Franklin is an OG playing OT? Personally I'd like to see us upgrade one of OG, OC, and OT. However, fair dues to them, they've all been performing better down the stretch.

Switching back to the defense, I do like our CB group, but I think it could really benefit from a legitimate stud playing across from Champ. At the moment I really like the idea of getting Kirkpatrick in the draft. We certainly have some depth guys with a lot of potential (Squid, Vaughn, Harris) and Goodman doesn't really deserve all the flak he often finds himself getting. Decent cover corner, but he's playing across from Bailey. A tough task and one that requires someone capable of handling the extra attention they'll inevitably get. So right now CB is one of the positions I'd like us to target early. I think it's very important, and having two guys nobody wants to throw at would result in our pass rush hitting home even more than it is already.

Love our LBs. Not much to say here. AW4M summarised it well... speedy guys outside, thumper in the middle, quality depth. DE is fine too for now, Ayers has really been solid for us and has often played a pivotal role on our defense, if perhaps an unglamorous one. WR is interesting; I'm perhaps Decker's #1 fan on these boards but I don't think he's a number one WR, and I'm not sure about DT. He has the size, but does he have the skill (and is he legitimately made of glass?)... Eddie continues to be under-utilised due to his under-performance. We might find ourselves looking to draft a new true, physical, #1 WR with take-over-the-game size and ability... if we can find one.

RB. This is simple for me, I love McGahee (he might be getting older but still has some tread left on the tires, and he's proven he's a tough dude), dislike Moreno as anything other than a 3rd down back (when he's not injured or falling off exercise bikes on the sideline), and would like us to draft a RB in the middle/late-rounds (which is where I think you find the best value). 3rd and below, really. I badly wanted us to take a flier on LeGarrette Blount in the last round when he was available, for example.

This was not my best post because I'm trying to cook while typing - difficult, and now I need to cut it short because things are on fire.

I'll leave by saying that if we can hit another one out of the park with our first pick in 2012, things will be looking good no matter the position we choose to address. We're so much better for Von's presence on the team, it really shows what a huge difference a good draft can make, and re-emphasises how important it is to focus on building through the draft and not getting impatient with Free Agents, etc.

Look, a whole post and I didn't even mention the word quarterback.

Wait... Damn it.

- ★ -
    2012 Adopt a Bronco : Joe Mays

I wonder if Tebow ever gets sick of being Tebow.

Thx,
    Joe
    Holy cow, that would have taken me 2 days to post with my phone...

Thx,
    Joe
    There's no excuse for posting from an iPhone......

Tired of talking about Tebow, yet he starts a thread about the subject. lmao

No one put a gun to your head and forced you to click on Tebow threads.
    [B]11/22/11[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by kingpins9 View Post
    Tired of talking about Tebow, yet he starts a thread about the subject. lmao
    Did you read the thread, or just the thread title?

- ★ -
    2012 Adopt a Bronco : Joe Mays

Since doom and miller rush the edges you best believe they will run some draws straight up the middle
    Gotta watch for that

Funny you should say that, because the main reason the Broncos have won 3 of their past five games are because of their defense (KC, Jets, Miami)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]