Raiders Chris Johnson leaves team after family tragedy

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...amily-tragedy/

Raiders’ Chris Johnson leaves team after family tragedy
    Posted by Michael David Smith on December 7, 2011, 7:34 PM EST

Oakland Raiders cornerback Chris Johnson has left the team to be with family after his sister was killed and his mother was wounded in a shooting in Fort Worth, Texas.

Raiders coach Hue Jackson said he expects Johnson to be with the team on Sunday but is giving Johnson the time he needs.

“This is a game of football,” Jackson said. “The thing he’s dealing with is a game of life. We’ll get him back here pretty soon. Very, very tough situation that he’s dealing with. But the organization supports him, I support him, he’ll get back here and be ready to go.”

According to the Fort Worth Star-Telegram, 46-year-old Eugene Esters has been charged with murder and attempted murder for killing Jennifer Johnson and wounding her mother, Della Johnson. Esters is the father of Jennifer Johnson’s 2-year-old daughter.

The 2-year-old daughter was not present when the shooting took place, nor was Jennifer Johnson’s other child. Della Johnson is expected to survive.

Truly heatbreaking.
    Condloences to him and his family.

Prayers to the Johnson Family.

How terrible...

My prayers and condolences to the family.

2014 Pick'Em Challenge Champion
    Proud Fan of the 3 Time Super Bowl Champion Denver Broncos

Thats absolutely heartbreaking. My condolences as well.

Keep you in my prayers Chris

The savagery of some people is unfathomable. Prayers for the soul of his sister.

I can't imagine going through something like that and then having to take the field Sunday. I really hope they give Chris more time off.

Family > Raiders

Such a tragedy...taking someone's life like this and leaving young children without a mother.

Chris Johnson is done for the season

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d...headline_stack

Raiders CB Johnson done for season after sister fatally shot

The Oakland Raiders have placed veteran cornerback Chris Johnson on the reserve/non-football illness list, the team announced Saturday.

The designation doesn't come as a surprise after Johnson left the team Dec. 7 in the wake of a shooting in Fort Worth, Texas, that left his sister dead and his mother wounded.

Johnson, in his eighth NFL season, started the first three games of the season for Oakland before missing the next eight. He returned Dec. 4 against the Miami Dolphins, three days before news of the tragedy broke.

The Raiders signed defensive end Mason Brodine to take Johnson's spot on the active roster.

Poor guy.I hope his mom recovers.Just a sad deal all around.Heart breaking.

true analysis.