Page 51 of 103 FirstFirst ... 41 49 50 51 52 53 61 101 ... LastLast
    Most of the issues I saw were late in the game when the score got lopsided. Tebow seemed to be trying to extend the play to see if someone would get open. On the real long sack I think it was fourth down and if they don't pick up a bunch of yards it was game over, which is what happened. It's called fighting until the end. WRs were not getting open in their regular patterns. Simms made a point of this in the telecast on a couple of plays by showing it on the down field cameras. I am not blaming anyone - most of this offense is young. We do not have a bunch of rock stars as offensive weapons like other teams. We are developing. The Pats did a very good job containing and collapsing the pocket and covering WRs down field. The Pats are a good team - it was what it was.

I'm not happy we lost, just a little frustrated in how it ended up.

Up early, dominating on the ground, then 3 fumbles in the 2nd quarter hand them 13 points, (technically 14 with the missed XP)

So many missed tackling, NE was the better team, and it showed. Didn't get rattled when we got up early.

Let's bounce back and beat the Bills.

The problem is that our WR's are not breaking coverage on designed passing plays. We've got a young group of offensive players, we're going to be inexperienced and look bad at times, but the future looks bright.

meh, the turning points of the game were:

-Fumbles, they costed us many points and the pats had 3...

-the penality that Ayers drew on 3rd down that lead the pats to an automatic 1st down, the pats never looked back and put up points again....

Turn overs turn overs turn overs......
    Canadian Denver Bronco Fan #7

Adopted Broncos:
    -:Mr. Decker:-

If you think about it is was amazing we were close after handing the Pats 17 points in the second quarter.

We got in real trouble when they scored on the first drive of the second half. I wish all our defense was healthy. The whole team has had some nagging injuries for a few weeks. We missed Dawk yesterday but I hope that's so he is strong for these last two. McGahee hasn't been right for weeks - he seems to tweak that hammy every game.

I am honestly pretty happy with this season regardless of how it ends. To be 1-4 and be 7-2 since is amazing to me. If we pull out a playoff appearance, I don't see how anyone could be upset how this season has gone. Not getting to the playoff would be very disappointing but let's not forget where we were and what this off season means for team development.

I've seen this board panic a lot harder than it is right now.

If KC beats Oakland and we beat the Bills we lock it up
    Coke Bottle Glasses and QB Killa' Fan Club! #24

I too am not as dissapointed as I thought i'd be. We won 6 in a row, we needed a loss like this to show our young group that the key to winning is to play mistake free football. You give a team like the Patriots the field position we were giving them and they will make you pay.

It's not like they blew us out... turnovers were our enemy.

We can lock up the division on Saturday, KO better play the game of his life next week
    Coke Bottle Glasses and QB Killa' Fan Club! #24

We NEEDED this loss. This loss showed a young team that wins dont come easy against quality opponents. It emphasized the need for ball protection, and the difference between a 41-23 loss and a 41-23 win is not that large. We're a young team that hasnt quite learned how to win yet and it showed today. I feel confident if we play this team again in January we'll smash them, but today was what I feel is going to be a great learning experience going forward.[/QUOTE]

I agree with the post, with the exception of the statement that the Broncos haven't quite learned how to win yet.

A team that hasn't learned how to win shows that trait by losing all of the close games. If the Broncos are in it at the end, then there is a pretty good chance that they will win.

Let's not forget though, that this is the same defense that started out with 4 losses in the first 5 games. The offense is the same except for the addition of Tebow and the deletion of Brandon Loyd. It was a bit surprising to me when the analysts continually talked about how great the Denver defense is. It was like they forgot that the team without Tebow was basically a doormat. The posting had a lot to do with the possiblity of having the first draft pick. Teams that are expecting to win their division aren't talking about getting the first draft pick, unless they have traded for it.

We should all vote for Stafford for the Never say Never award this week. That's all I have to say. Raiders had that game won and we would have been in a pickle.

Last week I stated my biggest concern would be the secondary.

We need another CB to compliment bailey.

The turnovers by Ball then Tebow were momentum killers. The Pats could not stop the offense and instead the Broncos stop it themselves.

Basically the Pats got to keep the ball the the whole second Qtr and gain a lead.

Also the team rarely got pressure to Brady, they played more aggressive in the 2nd half but not enough to get into Brady's head.

Tebow is looking like a better passer every week and now he has to work on protecting the ball while scrambling. His throws have gotten better, he is still a little to stuck on Thomas atm, but that will get better also once he has a full offseason.

2 wins and this division is the Broncos and nothing can stop that. Buffaloe is a team falling down, with a decent QB but none of the tools the pats have. It should be an easy to comeback to and win game.

Quote Originally Posted by Vertical Socks View Post
    Good thing we gave them a free QB.
    We had no choice, in fact there has already been talks that the trade deadline will probably change next year.

Doom will still probably get fined by Goodell.

His golden boy got hit. Can't have that.

I hope we use this loss as a spark. I hope we come out mad as hell and focused to absolutely massacre the Bills.
    http://forums.denverbroncos.com/image.php?u=373387&type=sigpic&dateline=1325481226

BRONCOS!

HOKIES

GO STL CARDINALS!!!
    11 TIME CHAMPS!!!

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.– John 3: 16 (KJV)