Page 52 of 103 FirstFirst ... 2 42 50 51 52 53 54 62 102 ... LastLast
    We needed this loss because the hype and atmosphere surrounding this team was getting to big. When there is almost non-stop media coverage of your team there are too many distractions from the media and even the ppl surrounding the players.

This will allow our guys some breathing room to play football without the expectations of coming from behind every game.

Come on KO tear up the Raiders
    Coke Bottle Glasses and QB Killa' Fan Club! #24

Quote Originally Posted by tzinc View Post
    Defense and some bad coaching cost the Broncos the game. The Tebow haters can say it was him but it wasn't.

Ever seen a team refuse a 3 and 16 penalty to allow a 4th and 1.
    Pats have no problem going for it on 4th downs.

Yes it did... You don't use the freaking zone defense agianst Brady and expect to win. Especially with corners like we have.

You don't allow Brady to sit back there in the pocket like we did and only bring pressure on the edges in essence collapsing the pocket.. News Flash coach Allen, Brady has a quick trigger and actually likes it in the pocket... If you wanna beat Brady you pressure him up the gut and flush that statue out of the pocket...Stunts and MLB blitz's up the middle would have accomplished that, and you failed to do it.. The Pats did it though...

You don't allow those WR's and TE's to release free off the line, you jam them and knock them off their freaking routes!!!

And last but not least you don't play freaking scared coach ALLEN, you go balls to the wall. Brady senses fear and will attack.

I know we had Moore(who sucks) in there instead of B.Dawk and that hurt alot but we still played scared. We allowed Brady and the Pats to take it to us, instead of that so called attacking D that Allen was suppose to bring here.

This was a team lost, with the offense giving the ball up to much.. But the O atleast came to play. The Defense were scared and that has all to do with what their coach told them to do. Coach Allen if your scared go to church, don't coach Defense in the NFL.

Man, alot of people need to relax here. That game was mostly lost due to the horrid turnovers. Take those out and that offense was rolling and the defense was doing enough. Rahim Moore is terrible.

Losses always suck. But i am not going to be depressed. This was a game I thought we would lose, and honestly, I thought we started great. We made mistakes. Our defense didnt blitz hardly at all. I think we can recover from this quickly and move on, learn from our mistakes.

I did not think we were on our way to the playoffs 9 weeks ago. We lost to a better team and turned it over 3 times. We are still improving. move on. Lets get ready to beat the bills and KC.

To the OP -- I think this is the single biggest thing Tebow needs to work on. He almost never drops back, stabs the back foot, and FIRES to a primary receiver into a fairly small window, on time. This is because his two biggest weaknesses (right now) overlap and reinforce for this type of play. First, his mechanics (including footwork and arm motion are slower than average). And coaches will tell you the mind can only move as fast as the feet, body, shoulders, etc. In other words, if you're not "loading up" in a ready position to fire fast, the window will look like it's not open to you.

Just like a fastball doesn't look like a good pitch to hit if you wait too late to start your body moving. You have to anticipate every pitch (in baseball) as if it's going to be a strike, then bail out on the pitch if it's not. You can't wait until the pitch looks good then start your swing. Same with Tebow dropping back -- he needs more anticipation in every cell of his body, and he will then start to "fire" instinctively when he sees a small window.

The other weakness was the general problem with understanding what he is seeing, with making the right read. All young quarterbacks have to learn this, but with Tebow it is far from a strength. Combined with his need to speed up all of his mechanics, it means you almost never see a "drop, plant, FIRE" play from Tebow.

I believe if he can ever get a real OTA that's for him, that's designed to actually get him ready for the season, he'll make great leaps in this area. And give him 3 years and it could be amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by tzinc View Post
    Defense and some bad coaching cost the Broncos the game. The Tebow haters can say it was him but it wasn't.

Ever seen a team refuse a 3 and 16 penalty to allow a 4th and 1.
    Pats have no problem going for it on 4th downs.

Wrong!!!!!!!! Turnovers and penalties cost us the game!

Quote Originally Posted by nic.zeman24 View Post
    We can lock up the division on Saturday, KO better play the game of his life next week
    I am not sure where we stand at this point. Aren't the Bolts tied with Raiders now? We are one game ahead? And tie breakers play in? Do we have a tie breaker over the Bolts? If we are one game up with a tie breaker can't we just win one of the next two?

I posted this in another thread but this one seems more relevant......

I am not sure where we stand at this point. Aren't the Bolts tied with Raiders now? We are one game ahead? And tie breakers play in? Do we have a tie breaker over the Bolts? If we are one game up with a tie breaker can't we just win one of the next two?

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy8 View Post
    Doom will still probably get fined by Goodell.

His golden boy got hit. Can't have that.
    If that's the case I will gladly donate a fiver to the Elvis Dumerville Legal Sack Fund. Seeing Brady on his back is worth 5 of anyone's money.

Quote Originally Posted by HatianRubble View Post
    Just some random ramblings and thoughts I've had over the course day....

I have never been so not mad about a loss (especially to New England) in my life. Being from boston, Pats fans are insufferable...if you had to endure all the crap I have this week you'd know (and I know some of you have)......but on a serious note looking forward....

We NEEDED this loss. This loss showed a young team that wins dont come easy against quality opponents. It emphasized the need for ball protection, and the difference between a 41-23 loss and a 41-23 win is not that large. We're a young team that hasnt quite learned how to win yet and it showed today. I feel confident if we play this team again in January we'll smash them, but today was what I feel is going to be a great learning experience going forward.
    I totally agree. Not mad at all. Are the pats better? Yes. I knew that long before this whistle blew to start this game.

I am actually impressed with how we started. I think if you take away our stupid turnovers, we actually take that game to the end.

This team was 4 and 12 last year. We were 1 and 4 several weeks ago. Did people on here think we were honestly an Elite team after one year of draft and a QB change? Come on.

We are improving, getting better. In one year, we are now the favorite to win the division and go to the playoffs. We should enjoy it. They can learn from this game. Magic cant always win you games. You have to stop dumb mistakes to beat a great team. Give us another draft or two with some good picks, we might be Elite. Lets hope and put this one behind us, move on, lets go beat the bills.

Quote Originally Posted by iggyb View Post
    I don't know if this is Tebow missing the read, the scheme, or the TEs not executing.

But I don't get why the TEs are not being utilized. Fells was a key receiver early on. Rosario is a good receiver.

I know we don't have the talent of Gronk and Hernandez, but watching their offense makes me wonder...especially when they blitz Tebow.
    IMO, it's the scheme. As long as teams are going to stack the box, our TEs will almost never be involved in the passing game. Which is probably why TE Julius Thomas haven't dressed for the pass 2-3 games (he can't block).

Tebow is improving as a passer, but until teams start respecting him as a passer, our TEs will never get any love. Which makes me sad because I love good TE play. It's one of the reason why I fell in love with the Broncos.

The way I view our TEs is this:
    Daniel Fells = Alge Crumpler/Dwayne Carswell (Former Bronco)
    Virgil Green = Vernon Davis/Shannon Sharpe
    Dante Rosario = Aaron Hernandez/Tony Scheffler
    Julius Thomas = Jimmy Graham (possibly)

I'M AM NOT SAYING THAT OUR TEs ARE ON THE SAME LEVEL AS THE TEs THAT I'VE COMPARED THEM TO. BUT I LIKE THEIR POTENTIAL.

The only question I have regarding the way we use our TEs is, why don't we use more 3TE sets? I think we could do alot in that formation, run or pass.
    Last edited by JayJack; 12-19-2011 at 07:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nimrod View Post
    I have ran it through the playoff machine if KC beat Oakland and we beat the Bills no matter what happens wee 17 we win the division say we lose to KC then and either Oak or SD wins (they play each other) we still win the division

Not like Tebow cant pass to TEs. One of his favorite go to guys at UF was Aaron Hernandez.

Am I the only one that feels optimistic from the loss to the Pats?

I think we can hang with them if we fix the turnovers/penalties. We showed that we can push them around with our running game. We still haven't put a complete game together.

Take away the turnovers and I think we are right in the game. We still need depth in our secondary but that will come with the young guys we have.

Also, sometimes a loss is a good thing. It wakes you up and makes you play harder down the road.

You never say you want a loss. But I think a loss couldn't have been timed any better. I see us coming out strong against Buffalo.

Also if we beat the Chiefs we win the division