View Poll Results: Win And We're In... Or... Here We Go Again?

Voters
131. You may not vote on this poll
  • Win And We're In! Clinch AFC West and Playoffs

104 79.39%
  • Here We Go Again... 8-8 no playoffs

27 20.61%
Page 57 of 114 FirstFirst ... 7 47 55 56 57 58 59 67 107 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Cackalacky B View Post
    You may be on to something there. I have been wondering if he has been overthinking things.

Reminds me of my golf swing. When I get up to that ball and think of the 200 things I need to do right that my golf coach taught me to hit that little ball long and straight I usually send it into the trees or the drink or the wrong fairway. When I get up there and just relax and hit the ball like I do at the range I do 100% better. Beer helps too.
    Hmmmm....maybe we should force Timmy to drink beer before the game....

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    IMO, Bunckley is excellent as a two down NT.

Most of the yards we're giving up are on the edge in our 3-3 nickel package. Miller has been atrocious against the run since he got the cast.

Thomas has been ok against the run, but has zero sacks this year. You should at least get a few sacks from your 3 tech. I think we would do fine to resign him for depth, but we seriously need to look to upgrade our 3 tech position, and counting on Ty Warren would be silly.

It's too bad Vickerson got injured. He and McBean would provide a nice interior pass rush in nickel situations.
    We need a penetrating, pass-rushing defensive tackle that can disrupt plays in the backfield (ex. Geno Atkins of Cincinnati).

We don't have that. Bunkley, Thomas, McBean, and Vickerson are not that kind of defensive tackle.

I think our defense takes a HUGE step forward if we get one to pair with Broderick Bunkley.

FA Targets: DT Jason Jones, DT Pat Simms, S Reggie Smith, LB Dan Connor

YES the coaches are trying to help him too much. In fact they should not try to help him improve. He's perfect just the way he is.... amirite?

2013 Adopted Bronco - Duke Ihenacho

Quote Originally Posted by Hesky View Post
    Wasn't that DJ Williams?
    No, was definitely Bunkley
    Come On You Blues! GO BRONCOS!

Quote Originally Posted by EvertonBroncos View Post
    No, was definitely Bunkley
    It was DJ Williams...

2-8-DEN 40 (2:46) (Shotgun) 22-J.Hester left end to DEN 37 for 3 yards (57-M.Haggan). PENALTY on DEN-55-D.Williams, Unnecessary Roughness, 15 yards, enforced at DEN 37.
    http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/201110...yze=playbyplay

I stand corrected! I've been blaming Bunkley for that ever since, for some reason I had number 77 in my head rather than 55. My bad guys!

I feel I have to apologise to him now, at the time I called him all the names under the sun!
    Last edited by EvertonBroncos; 12-28-2011 at 02:30 PM.
    Come On You Blues! GO BRONCOS!

Quote Originally Posted by getlynched47 View Post
    I think our defense takes a HUGE step forward if we get one to pair with Broderick Bunkley.
    I've also been saying this for a while... I'll be very excited if we land a good penetrating UT to play next to him this coming offseason. I'd rank it highly on our "to-do" list.

- ★ -
    2012 Adopt a Bronco : Joe Mays

It seems Tebow is really looking downfield, forcing it a bit. Guys under seem to be open, which he did a great job of getting them the ball in the few wins up to the NE game.

My thought is, if KC keys in on Tebow, not allowing him to run, and Tebow can get the ball under on a dump off or short route, it will kill KC, moving the chains. At some point KC will have to pick up those guys and when that happens, look for Tebow to run and then, downfield will open up more.

Just my humble opinion.

I see Tebow having a throw back game, a lot of rushing yards, and definite success, more the second half, in the passing game.

Tebow will lead us to a W.

Exactly my thoughts, they have been forcing a dramatic change on Tebow and he cannot adapt to it, or this will happen..

Most teams need to run to open up the pass, but everyone is ready for the run on us. We have to go the other way and pass to open up the run.

The plays called need to have more receivers underneath. The long 20+ yard down the field passes are always low percentage, especially under pressure. So there has to always be an RB or TE for Tim to outlet throw. If they would start the game with some 5-10 yard passes, with only a few runs, then that would prevent the defense from playing 8 or 9 in the box, and that would open up running lanes for Tim.

And they need to quit being so stinkin conservative on 2 and short or 3rd and short. Running up the middle doesn't work when everyone knows that's what you're doing. How about a quick slant or WR screen pass when we've only got 1 yard to go?

even without running tim is the best qb in the league hands down.

Quote Originally Posted by JerseyAdam View Post
    It seems Tebow is really looking downfield, forcing it a bit. Guys under seem to be open, which he did a great job of getting them the ball in the few wins up to the NE game.

My thought is, if KC keys in on Tebow, not allowing him to run, and Tebow can get the ball under on a dump off or short route, it will kill KC, moving the chains. At some point KC will have to pick up those guys and when that happens, look for Tebow to run and then, downfield will open up more.

Just my humble opinion.

I see Tebow having a throw back game, a lot of rushing yards, and definite success, more the second half, in the passing game.

Tebow will lead us to a W.
    What he said....could not agree more.....short underneath routes, lots of screen passes and look for Tebow then to take off.

Let's go to the playoffs boys!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bronco_Hyde View Post
    Most teams need to run to open up the pass, but everyone is ready for the run on us. We have to go the other way and pass to open up the run.

The plays called need to have more receivers underneath. The long 20+ yard down the field passes are always low percentage, especially under pressure. So there has to always be an RB or TE for Tim to outlet throw. If they would start the game with some 5-10 yard passes, with only a few runs, then that would prevent the defense from playing 8 or 9 in the box, and that would open up running lanes for Tim.

And they need to quit being so stinkin conservative on 2 and short or 3rd and short. Running up the middle doesn't work when everyone knows that's what you're doing. How about a quick slant or WR screen pass when we've only got 1 yard to go?
    We were at that game and it was my daughter's first game and at one point she says "how come all of our pass plays are the WR's running down the field 30 or 40 yards"....all I could muster was "uggggghhh exactly"! haha

Quote Originally Posted by wannaberocker View Post
    When the lumberjack Ryan Fitzpatrick started running for first downs. I was just thinkin, Why isnt Tebow doing that.
    Im pretty sure opposing Defenses are assigning a "spy" on TT. Where ever he goes, goes the spy. The Broncos defense isnt good enough to contain a mobile QB, as we've seen the last couple of weeks.

Bunkley needs to get even stronger. I want to see him literally throwing o-linemen back into the QB when the ball is snapped