Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: Brady re: Tebow

Quote Originally Posted by rst08tierney View Post
    Kobe has been more clutch in the 4th Qtr then Jordan. Know body has hit more game winning shots...

Jordan is the GOAT, Tebows just getting warmed up.
    Michael Jordan game winning shot attempts was 33 out of 58, which is a 56.9% shooting percentage, while Kobe has attempted more game winners, according to the facts, Kobe is a 27% career shooter in game winning situations.

Before comparing current players with past great ones allowed them to build up a body of work first

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Brother View Post
    An athlete that transcends sports to become a world-wide phenomenon. Totally clutch in the most dire situations and with a tenacity to overcome some of the greatest pressure. The records he set yesterday were transcendent. Brings a new dimension to a sport that was becoming a formulaic copy-cat league of what you can or can't do.

"Tebow was a trending Twitter topic on Sunday evening, and not just in the United States. He was trending all over the world -- in Canada, in Colombia, in France. He's a sports story and then some, overshadowing all else, including his teammates, who seem to love him nonetheless".

Never underestimate the heart of a champion. Tebow has won at every level, and now at the Pro level. The next Jordan? Or something else.

He's just Tebow. Years from now, will people ask the question: Who's the next Tebow?

Discuss.
    Well I don't know about that. Lets give at least 4 or 5 years in the NFL before comparing him to Jordan.

By then Tebow should have led the league in passing yardage or TD's, comebacks, amazing plays, consecutive play off appearances, AFC Championships, etc.

Tim could however be on the road to becoming Jordan-Esque if he and the Broncos go to the Super Bowl this year!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by rst08tierney View Post
    Tebow becoming his own brand would be huge for the future of the NFL. Thats something tried to do with Peyton but IMO fell short since he seems like a dud in real life.
    In terms of a Brand. I'd say he's well on his way, also in terms bringing the NFL to a wider audience. I'd also say yes. That's what Jordan did. It wasn't just because he was the best, (also, keep in mind that there were other great players on the scene too like Magic, Bird, Thomas, etc.) Jordan is considered the greatest player ever, but Kareem scored more points, and Bill Russell has more rings. Its not just about championships. But in terms of the totality of what Tebow is doing, there are some parallels to Jordan. Its early, yes, but already Tebow has forged quite a path. I always remember that shot Jordan made in the NCAA tournament. Then there was a lot of criticism about Jordan and his style of play and how you couldn't win a championship with a scoring champion, or a high flying one on one game. I also remember the game Jordan played against Cleveland. He lost to the Celtics after scoring 60 points in one of those early seasons, but you can see the magic there.
    Last edited by Wolf Brother; 01-09-2012 at 04:15 PM.

Tbh, this is the kind of bandwagon fan that I just don't get or respect. What's the point of doing this? If you don't suffer through the lean times of your team you can never truly enjoy the good times.

We may need you to sign some paperwork....

Welcome! The more Broncos fans the better I say!
    Proud to be a lifelong crazed woman and descendant of a Colorado "century family"! (My family has been here since at least 1840)

Welcome I guess. I hope you stick around, and aren't just here while we're the glamorous Denver Tebows, but stay during the tough times as well, like for example when we go 4-12.

Tebow is making the Broncos "America's Team"
    I'm kind of like a big deal... sort of like a superhero.

Quote Originally Posted by DenverBrian View Post
    Tbh, this is the kind of bandwagon fan that I just don't get or respect. What's the point of doing this? If you don't suffer through the lean times of your team you can never truly enjoy the good times.
    Why do you even care? I mean, seriously? So you are only allowed to be a fan if you jump on the bandwagon when they're having a terrible season?

I guess the only true fans are Browns fans, by your reasoning...

Nobody cares for the constant fan policing around here...
    Lifetime Broncos/Cowboys fan.

youmadbro?

2013 Adopted Bronco - Duke Ihenacho

Quote Originally Posted by tebowfan78 View Post
    Sup everyone, so let me just say grats to the broncos on their huge win yesterday and also for winning me over and making me a Tebow/Broncos fan. Just so you guys know I was a Colts fan from 2001 up to this season but after watching Tebow most of the season and after watching him pretty much own the steelers with his 80 yard bomb Ive decided to become a Broncos fan. Ive heard alot of fun things about you guys and im just glad to be a fan now. Anyway thats all I got to say take care everyone.
    Welcome.

Just don't get too offended if people start questioning your loyalty.
    [IMG]http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e383/downcast320/dsadsa.png[/IMG]
    If you're not improving . . . chances are you're not going to win. - Mike Shanahan

Quote Originally Posted by Skywalker View Post
    Welcome I guess. I hope you stick around, and aren't just here while we're the glamorous Denver Tebows, but stay during the tough times as well, like for example when we go 4-12.
    Yep! I've been down that road a few times too.

It ain't much better being in a three way tie for the AFC West and still coming out on the short end of the stick, either......

But, I tell ya....... 2 - 14 has got to be pretty painful after all those years of being on top.... wow.
    Last edited by BoltNut; 01-09-2012 at 04:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JakeNbake View Post
    youmadbro?
    ...says the chief of the fan police...
    Lifetime Broncos/Cowboys fan.