Page 42 of 67 FirstFirst ... 32 40 41 42 43 44 52 ... LastLast
    no de did well with contain on the broncos. and the bills did overly pack and attack the middle yet we continued to run the middle when we could have got good yardage running out side.

oakland raders gm
    latavis murray trade bait

I wanna give this team another year. I wanna see the results of:

1.Tebow with training camp
    2.WRs getting greater experience with Tebow
    3.Some defensive picks to improve our rushing defense
    4. Coaching staff having time to develop a gamebook around our skillset as opposed to just "using what works", and we need to find an alternative when the conservative gameplay isn't working. We can't just be caught flat footed when our conservatism isn't working.

I think our team has potential, which is what we say in the first quarter and what we see in the 4th quarter a lot of the time. I have a feeling that next year will really give us a good picture of what this team needs going forward. I'm not completely ready to give up on Tebow yet because he still seems like a winner.

so did Dt these young ones need to get there hands dealt wit

but yeah that play was horrible it was an obvious pass interfearence et no calls. and then all the no calls

oakland raders gm
    latavis murray trade bait

Quote Originally Posted by HardlyNormal View Post
    First off I wanted to say this game is pretty embarrassing. I really thought we had a chance to take this game early and dominate the pace. Such a disappointing Saturday. Anyway, on to my post. Keep in mind this is my opinion and I know some will disagree with it. Keep it civil and lets have a discussion.

I have been reading this forum for years now, maybe not as religiously as others. This season with Tim Tebow has created a rift between fans that I have never seen here. We have always been at odds about decisions and it is our right to want our team to make moves for the better or choose the right player for the job. I think Tebow is a fantastic person, even being a person with no religious faith I am inspired and respectful of what kind of man he is. He has been a great role model for people in all walks of life. He has been exciting to watch and the 6 game winning streak was one of my fondest memories as a younger Broncos fan.
    With that aside, I just don't think he is the future QUARTERBACK of our team. I am not one to want to drive him out of town, because of the kind of guy he is. I just do not see us having a solid future with him under center. Let us all be honest with ourselves, even as fun as the 6 game winning streak was, we were lucky to come out of some of those games with a win. The truth of the matter is, if Tim Tebow was a better passer, had better footwork and the ability to check it down and find open receivers, we would have won some of those games handily. I see a lot of talk about how our receivers are terrible, that Eric Decker is the reason why Tim Tebow hasn't been completing passes and every other excuse in the book to justify the things that everyone has known about Tim Tebow since he took the field in Gainesville. I think we all should understand that Decker is not a Stevie Johnson, Calvin Johnson or Larry Fitzgerald. He is a second receiver who excels at blocking and will make you some clutch receptions in some circumstances. He should not be counted on to make circus catches on balls that only about 1-2 guys in the NFL would have a chance at making.
    What we need is a prototypical QB with the ability to find the receivers and make plays with his arm. If you look at the NFL as a whole, only a very small group of playoff teams have quarterbacks that could be considered mediocre. Quarterbacks like Flacco, Alex Smith, Matt Ryan and even Roethlisberger to an extent. The thing all these quarterbacks have in common though, is a better arm than Tebow.
    If we want to get to the promised land we need to make some moves for a better quarterback. I like Tim, but he may be suited better for other duties.

TL;DR- I like Tim Tebow but he is not the future of the Broncos, need another QB and to stop blaming a group of receivers that doesn't have a true #1.
    To put it mildly your conclusion is wrong. Tebow had a crappy game but every QB has that once in a while.

As you say you are a young Bronco fan. John Elway - arguably one of the best QB's of all times had plenty of games where he stunk to high heavens - even 10 year into his career.

If you used the same yardstick with Elway, you could have cut him many many times. Elway was not a smart QB in the way he played - but he had the same magic that Tebow has. His decision making was significantly worse and his passing was significantly better.

Chill - Tebow will improve a lot

1.: I agree. Great drive and great passing when asked to throw.
    2.: Agree with one exception...the players also have to execute. it's not JUST playcalling. The Bills out-executed the Broncos in the 2nd Qtr.
    3.: 75% correct. Tebow must also start throwing the ball where only the receivers can catch it. His accuracy must improve. Teams must fear his arm like they fear Stafford.
    4.: Agree the drops are getting old fast.

Tebow will not bench himself. No competator would. You have to drag them out of the game. Hell if Tebow ever did bench himself I would cut him as the coach. I don't want quitters and martyrs I want winners. I want people who execute and believe. Once a competitor loses that then you let them go fast before they stink up the locker room (Kyle Orton).

Royal was looking like a star when Cutler was here, it is just that we don't have a QB that can use a slot receiver.

Quote Originally Posted by skate_d3 View Post
    What section were you in? I had a very similar experience. I was in section 115. This was my first time attending an NFL game. And WOW talk abut dbag fans. These losers behind me were cursing like crazy around these kids. One wearing an Elway jersey. One woman asked them to tone down the vulgarity and they ridiculed and swore at her, and she was a Buffalo fan! These guys grabbed at me after the second pick six, I was seriously considering feeding them their teeth, but my father and sister were there. I decided to be the bigger man.

They were actually cheering and cracking jokes when Chris Harris went down. It was crazy, it didn't sound like there was any applause at all when he was helped off the field. Even in Oakland they at least have the respect to cheer an injured player off of the field.

I was disgusted, and now have no love lost for any Bills fan.
    I was actually in the next section over, 116. It's just disgusting. The Tebow sucks stuff doens't bother me. I don't like it but thats expected, at least to me. It's the behavior around & towards kids.

You are right too, nobody clapped when Chris sat up. Nobody except Bronco fans I mean.

I'm sorry you experienced that at your first game. Trust me, that was not the "norm." There is always some crazy stuff & rowdiness towards visitors, but not like you saw today.
    Last edited by Southtown; 12-24-2011 at 06:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Q-niverse View Post
    So, when the Broncos fans chanted Rivers Sucks a couple of years ago were you embarrassed? What about when they chant Raiders suck?
    Never heard fans chanting 'Rivers Sucks', and bashing on an opposing team is a lot different then bashing on an individual player.

I realize there are going to be a few bad apples in any fan base, the Broncos included. However, what I heard in todays game is something I had never heard in my nearly 20 years of watching football. It was completely classless, and theres really no debating that.
    WE ARE WHO THEY THOUGHT WE WERE

Even worse, he is going to make this team the Carolina Panthers of the AFC West. He thinks he only needs his two stud RBs and nothing else matters. Single dimensional game play. He will not last under Elway!!

Fox just doesn't seem to learn from the past or adjust. Just same old, same old.

have you watched carolina for the past decade? for better or for worse, fox is NOTHING if not stubborn.

Quote Originally Posted by dandaman23 View Post
    Never heard fans chanting 'Rivers Sucks', and bashing on an opposing team is a lot different then bashing on an individual player.

I realize there are going to be a few bad apples in any fan base, the Broncos included. However, what I heard in todays game is something I had never heard in my nearly 20 years of watching football. It was completely classless, and theres really no debating that.
    Back when Cutler was our QB the fans did it when the Chargers came to town. You could hear it on the TV. The announcers commented on it.

Wasn't many bright spots I seen with passing. A couple drops but a two under throws on plays that would have been TDs or huge gains at the least. There were WRs open that were missed as always even on the ints. I dont mind ints cuased by poor decisions by a young QB but one was just an awful throw. It just really wasnt a good game by him. He keeps taking steps back.

Buffalo has some of the worst fans in the NFL it's the reason I skipped the game. Their fans are absolute trash.

an offensive coordinator who needs to change playcalling

The offensive coordinator sucks not Tebow