Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Roddoliver View Post
    If Dawkins' career is over, the Broncos might have to draft another FS/SS depending on free agency. A young FS/SS to compete with Moore, Carter and Bruton. It should have been McBath, but unfortunately he was a wasted pick.

I think we have too many young guys already, we should acquire a solid veteran. You have to have some veteran leadership at each position, same thing that's affecting our WRs right now. I sure wish we still had Jabar Gaffney, and losing Dawkins is going to be a huge blow if it happens.
    The Denver Broncos, aka THE NFL'S NEXT DYNASTY

That would really suck. He is a huge part of the heart & soul of this team. The effects have clearly been shown with when he is on the field as to compared to when he not. His physical ability is not what it once was but his passion and energy is still as strong as ever.

He obviously won't play next week but if we make the playoffs and he got healthy enough to get on the field for only 10 plays in the Wild Card game would be worth it.

Dawkins will transition into a defensive position coach for the Broncos

I hope

He's mentioned he wants to coach
    Red 98

Kareem rises to the top

What safeties are free agents this year?

Sad and not good for the Broncos. That was one of the big concerns I had after the loss yesterday. Seemed like after Dawkins was sat the D started getting burned.
    What Doesn't Kill You Makes You Stronger

Quote Originally Posted by dizzolve View Post
    Dawkins will transition into a defensive position coach for the Broncos

I hope

He's mentioned he wants to coach
    I'd like to see this happen if he can't come back as a player. If he can coach on the field, he can do it on the sidelines. If Rod Woodson can do it for the Raiders, why not Dawkins for Denver.

thats not good....one of the best tackler on our team...i fear we may start seeing the kind of tackling that we all saw in 2008......

hopefully during the off season we can bring in a veteran safety

Legend. *Bows*

Quote Originally Posted by Danger Danny View Post
    Legend. *Bows*

All the best to him, hope it's not true of course.
    Come On You Blues! GO BRONCOS!

He'll ask the Broncos to release him so that he can retire an Eagle. He'll probably go on to coach there too.

He knows he's damn near a legend in that city.

Sad news. I was really excited when he first came to Denver, and has been nothing short of a team player since he got here. He'll be in Canton someday.

We may have to draft Mark Barron from Alabama.

We were at the game and when I saw him leave (after making a great play to force Spiller back for a loss) my heart broke seeing how he was holding his arm and neck.

This was my two daughter's first Broncos game and my oldest was wearing my Dawkins jersey.

I have always said that I never wanted to wear another person's name but I have a Dawkins and Tebow jersey because I am inspired by what they both do on and off the field.

If this is truly the end for Brian (and I pray it isn't) I say thank you for being a such an amazing player and person and representing the city and organization so well.

Every source I've seen about it has been second hand so I'll wait for an official annoucement before saying goodbye. Still, it would suck to lose him. He's an excellent player. Obviously he should do what's best for his health.

Hope this is not true. Was at the game yesterday & noticed he was wearing a 'mini' neckroll looking thing under his jersey.

He seemed pumped before the game (one of the only ones). I got a picture of him running a fade route in the endzone w/ Tebow throwing him the ball.

I think anytime an older player gets an injury the media feels obligated to render it "potentially career ending." At least, that's what I'm hoping this is.