Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
  • Tebow

8 42.11%
  • Offensive Staff

11 57.89%
Page 49 of 100 FirstFirst ... 39 47 48 49 50 51 59 99 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Buckin' Bronco View Post
    Brady Quinn has also had much more time to prove himself then Tim has. Every QB has rough games look at rivers and the Chargers they lost six straight and rivers is a Pro bowl and playoff game winning QB. You don't see Dean Spano's cutting him. The fact of the matter is Tim will get better, people just have to be patient you can't expect a guy to be a Hall of Famer in his first year starting. All young QB struggle, but when the OC refuses to just allow the QB to do his thing you get what we are seeing now.
    since all young qb struggle, why would you want the OC to allow timmy to struggle more than he has?

Quote Originally Posted by Lukic View Post
    You make a decent argument, but I'm definitely not as optimistic now as I was before.
    I don't think anyone is, but the question is, would you have rathered him to go 10-1, flame out in the first round and then deal with the blueprint of stopping him in game 2 or 3 of next season. He gets an offseason to put it together and hopefully a fair shake (the same 4.5 games Orton got is fine with me) to play next year. If it doesn't work out we try to salvage next year as we did this year with a new QB and move on. We have already reached "best case scenario" this season for most people, even when we were red hot. What did we have to lose from getting more game film on how teams will be defending him moving forward?
    Just don't lose baby

Quote Originally Posted by orange kool aid View Post
    Yeah we could have went 10-1 with a first year starter, but we can't get everything we want for Christmas. You do know that right?
    You said its the best thing that could have happened...

I gave a better scenario.

Now you are mad that you didn't think of it.

You are getting angrier the more you read this post.

You should just stop, theres no substance here.

Quote Originally Posted by 12and4 View Post
    You said its the best thing that could have happened...

I gave a better scenario.

Now you are mad that you didn't think of it.

You are getting angrier the more you read this post.

You should just stop, theres no substance here.
    Not angry, I just matched your sarcasm. Guess that made you mad.
    Just don't lose baby

Why flame Tebow. The whole team looked flat except Mcgahee. Even Bailey was getting torched....

Quote Originally Posted by Rarelyoffended View Post
    Why flame Tebow. The whole team looked flat except Mcgahee. Even Bailey was getting torched....
    Defense looked solid holding them to 7 points
    http://forums.denverbroncos.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=382185&dateline=13182  11057
    Thank you Charger$

Tough routes to cover 1v1 and Orton just threw some great balls ...honestly it wasn't as much him playing bad as it was Bowe and Orton just in the zone

Champ would have solved that puzzle in
    a 60 minute game. There is a reason he is a future hall of famer!
    Last edited by ParkHill-71; 01-02-2012 at 04:43 AM.

I thought Champ did a pretty good job considering the limited amount of pressure the Broncos was able to put on Orton ... I think the defensive line is worn out playing all season with limited depth and the opposing offensive line is getting to the second level and putting a hat on the LB's and the defense is one missed assignment from the offense netting huge chunks of yards on each play ...

I think the only reason the Broncos was able to stay in that game all be it in losing fashion is Orton played like typical Orton ...

15 29 51.7 180 6.2

Cornerback is probably one of the toughest, if not the toughest, positions to play in football.

Champ still does it very well even though he's over the hump in his career. Every corner is bound to make mistakes or get lost. Didn't result in touchdowns, so it's all good.

You have to realize that corners are generally much smaller than receivers. <6'0, <200lbs. They DON'T KNOW what's going on at all. They have to react to the receiver, the QB, and the ball. The offense knows where they're going, the CB is clueless. That's why playing corner is probably the hardest position on the field. The split second to react to a cut or break by the receiver provides just enough separation for a completed pass (assuming the QB-WR timing is good).

For all the great games Champ has, he is still human and will have a bad game every now and then. Our defense played brilliant yesterday with almost no pressure on Orton.

I was there, also, and I totally agree that our receivers weren't getting open enough for Tim to feel comfortable throwing to them.

Tim didn't have his spark - the last couple games he seems to have lost it.

I started watching the Oakland game on my FanVision and became my section's Phil Simms. It was surreal watching a live action game in front of me while simultaneously watching another game on TV.

In my section, it was the playcalling that was booed and not the players.

Although I will say that after the game Kyle and Tim went into their respective tunnels at about the same time, and at his tunnel Kyle received a nice ovation (from both the KC *and* Denver fans) while Tim did get some boos at his. Ouch.

It just felt blanketed all day. May have been a flash open here and there, but when there's no consistency, no predictable separation, it's hard for Tebow to get timing and develop habits.

We need at least one receiver who can't be covered one on one. Then he either gets open a lot, or the safeties become more predictable because of helping on him.

I saw on the int at the end of the game, Tebow had Lance Ball being covered by a d-lineman running underneath Fells I believe. That could of been a first down and he would of gone out of bounds. There was just to much hesitation by Tebow yesterday. It seems he is reacting to what the defense is doing wrong instead of acting on their mistakes.

It almost seems that the coaching staff isn't giving him a chance to just do what he does because they have no confidence in him.

I will not be surprised at all when we draft a QB in the next draft. Probably not first round but we will draft a QB.