Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: John Fox

John Fox

Let me start off by saying I am sorry to Denver fans... Many believe that the reason Denver is losing is Tim Tebow. However, although Tebow is a very SMALL part of the problem there are much much bigger problems inside of this organization.

I know this because I am from North Carolina. I have watched the Panthers since 95 in the days at Clemson stadium before they built Ericson stadium (now carolina stadium). We went through many many bad coaches. Seifert I thought was the worst until Fox showed up.

Look at the points ANY offense with John Fox has been a part of. Every single one has been dreadful. The year we went to the superbowl was absolute luck. Passes were tipped, caught, field goals missed, great defense among other things.

Fox does a DECENT job at defense but his offensive coordinators and him have always been the absolute worst. I remember specific situations with the game on the line with 3rd & 10 or sometimes longer and Fox running a draw! "They'll never expect it!!!" LOL

Let's look at this. The broncos have ran the ball nearly 5 times as much as they've passed. Put ANY QB in such a predictible situation and you are begging for bad numbers.

If anyone has any questions about Fox and wants to know specific instances of the validity of his stupidity please feel free to reply.

I have been a Broncos fan for a long time as well and am sad to see a young QB being RUINED by horrible play calling.

Thank you!

You have no idea how many times I've had to restrain myself when it's a Tebow designed run on 3rd and long.

Let me add one more thing...

John Fox coaches not to lose...

This style of play can't beat any of the top 10 teams in the NFL any longer. As I'm watching the Broncos run the ball on 2nd and 20 for no gain....

Worst playcalling ever....EVER Even the fans were booing on that run. Pathetic! The announcers are sugar coating it and even saying how vanilla it is.

I'm sorry guys... I love Elway but IF he hired Fox he is the worst GM in football. I watched Fox for 6 years when Carolina wouldn't spend any money on someone decent. This will be bad as long as he is coaching this organization.

*see my sig*

Special thanks to Sam_Z for the SB rings collage above

I am a Fox fan and a Tebow fan but one need look no further than Tebow's limitations as a NFL passer to realize the logic behind the conservative play calling.

This team, offensively and defensively, is not overly talented. Sucks though it be, its true.

No offensive threats that really scare any D-Coordinator and some nice pieces in place on D but also a lot of holes that can't be easily masked.

For Fox to get this team to where its at, is a feat that deserves recognition and respect.

If Fox/McCoy had an offensive juggernaut of a roster, filled with play makers, and called for a conservative game plan, then you'd have an argument.

As it stands now, be happy for where Denver is as its nearly a modern day miracle to win with what they have to work with...

Quote Originally Posted by broncosfan6476 View Post
    Let me add one more thing...

John Fox coaches not to lose...

This style of play can't beat any of the top 10 teams in the NFL any longer. As I'm watching the Broncos run the ball on 2nd and 20 for no gain....
    You can beat anyone, BUT you have to play mistake free football... And you D needs to be stingy and opptunistic... We're doing those two things LESS as the seasons progresses

Dude...

You may have a SMALL point IF he hadn't done this before. Carolina at one time had Muhsin Muhammad (pro bowl) Steve Smith (pro bowl) Stephen Davis (pro bowl) Ricky Proel (wonderful reciever) along with countless others. Wanna know how Fox's offense did? Dead last 3 of 5 years and near the bottom the other two years. I watched this jackass for too many years, I'm just trying to warn you...

Anyone who can try and say that McCoy and Fox offensive playcalling is even SOMEWHAT logical knows nothing and I mean absolutely nothing about football...

oh and anyone taking Fox's "conservative" bs is just funny... Tebow completed over 67% of his passes in college and almost 200 yards in one quarter this year. The problem is when the defense knows what's coming you can't be successful.

Mark my words... Rogers, Brady even Manning couldn't do anything with this playcalling.

Quote Originally Posted by broncosfan6476 View Post
    oh and anyone taking Fox's "conservative" bs is just funny... Tebow completed over 67% of his passes in college and almost 200 yards in one quarter this year. The problem is when the defense knows what's coming you can't be successful.

Mark my words... Rogers, Brady even Manning couldn't do anything with this playcalling.
    I love the guy but 4 for 12 ain't cuttin' it. Missing EDeck over the middle - with protection - ain't cuttin' it.

You can pretty much throw out any 2nd year player's college stats out the window of relevance. Its about what you can do in the league and as much as I want Tebow to be the guy...its clear that he isn't THE guy as it stands today.

We run because we can't pass...simple. An average QB on 3 and 6 or more completes 55% when everyone knows he is going to throw.

Tebow will get another year, but really, just happy we are so conservative...have seen in Detroit and Buffalo games what happens when Tim is unleashed.
    Ravens GM 2016 - Ravens are looking to trade down 4-8 spots

[Could not agree more. Coached HS football for 33 years. They are the most predictable and pathetic offensive minds I have ever seen. They are going to ruin a great talent.QUOTE=broncosfan6476;4195524]Let me start off by saying I am sorry to Denver fans... Many believe that the reason Denver is losing is Tim Tebow. However, although Tebow is a very SMALL part of the problem there are much much bigger problems inside of this organization.

I know this because I am from North Carolina. I have watched the Panthers since 95 in the days at Clemson stadium before they built Ericson stadium (now carolina stadium). We went through many many bad coaches. Seifert I thought was the worst until Fox showed up.

Look at the points ANY offense with John Fox has been a part of. Every single one has been dreadful. The year we went to the superbowl was absolute luck. Passes were tipped, caught, field goals missed, great defense among other things.

Fox does a DECENT job at defense but his offensive coordinators and him have always been the absolute worst. I remember specific situations with the game on the line with 3rd & 10 or sometimes longer and Fox running a draw! "They'll never expect it!!!" LOL

Let's look at this. The broncos have ran the ball nearly 5 times as much as they've passed. Put ANY QB in such a predictible situation and you are begging for bad numbers.

If anyone has any questions about Fox and wants to know specific instances of the validity of his stupidity please feel free to reply.

I have been a Broncos fan for a long time as well and am sad to see a young QB being RUINED by horrible play calling.

Thank you![/QUOTE]

Our offence is to conservative its run, run then attempt deep throw or run again we need to get screens and that in to mix it up and keep teams guessing

Fox screwed us from the get go without starting Tebow and not giving him first team reps at the beginning of the season. He needed time to mesh with the WRs and now it is not there because of that. On top of everything else that broncosfan is saying.