View Poll Results: Is Tim's game hindering or helping the Broncos more?

Voters
72. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hindering

47 65.28%
  • Helping

15 20.83%
  • Don't know, can't answer...

10 13.89%
Page 18 of 39 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 28 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by phaytal View Post
    Please explain to me how Tebow didnt lose this game all by himself.

- McGahee had 152 yards on the ground, averaging 5.2 per carry
    - Our receivers did not have one drop
    - Our offensive line only allowed 2 sacks, both of them were Tebow's fault, and gave Tim ALL DAY to find receivers
    - Our defense gave up a whopping 7 points
    - Our team only had 6 penalties, none of them very costly

On the other hand, Tebow:

- Fumbled in the red zone
    - Passed for all of 60 yards. 60 yards!
    - Missed wide open opportunities ALL GAME
    - Completed 6 passes on 27 pass plays called (6/22, 2 sacks, 3 scrambles)
    - Showed a complete and utter lack of confidence
    - Played more apathetic than Orton

It was truly a sad sight.
    Not much to add....what he said......

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    We won by default....I'm sorry I have no pride in a team that backed their way into the playoffs with a 3 game losing streak....be as proud as you want but we are going to get obliterated by the Steelers next week.
    Amen......wait till Harrison arrives.....in a bad mood....brrrrrrr.

Quote Originally Posted by 24SuperChamp View Post
    It is what it is samparnell....

Does the truth hurt?
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Short answer, yes.
    Decimating the competition, leaving in the wake a blind ambition.

elecshoc
    You will be for ever known as the truth see-er

There's more than one player on the team. Tebow isn't the only one that won those games, he's not the only one that lost the last 3....this team was just overachieving before, don't let them fool you they are a bad football team in a bad division.

We won by default....I'm sorry I have no pride in a team that backed their way into the playoffs with a 3 game losing streak....be as proud as you want but we are going to get obliterated by the Steelers next week.

This team and these players need to be ashamed of themselves right now....maybe it'll wake them up enough so that they decide to wake up next week but don't hold your breath....The Steelers are the better team hands down.

Quote Originally Posted by HardlyNormal View Post
    Coming out of college people knew that Smith could throw, everyone passed on a heisman winner and 2 time champion (lulz) and he fell to 24th, even though nobody even had him in the first round. We were stupid to take him that early in the first place.
    So, could we have this convo 5 years down the road to see how Tebow is doing?.
    HE>i

You would rather not be in the playoffs than be in the playoffs? As a fan of any team I would never prefer them to not have a chance to keep playing.
    [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by Phear the Phish View Post
    Didn't the Broncos beat those two teams with Tebow as the starter?
    Wouldn't have beat either one of those teams with the way we are playing right now.

The offense looks pathetic....

I'm a HUGE advocate of Tebow (HOMER for lack of a better term) but he has digressed immensely.

Our O-line and McGahee moved the ball today. Our defense and special teams helped us stay in the game.

Looking for positives right now are few and far between. The bottom line is we need to do a 360 degree turn around to even have a chance next week. My prediction is a 7 point dog to Pitt next week and in our own house? Pathetic!
    Last edited by 24SuperChamp; 01-01-2012 at 06:38 PM.
    http://forums.denverbroncos.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=31018&dateline=138207  1129

The problem is the QB, not the playcalling. The QB has been awful.
    http://forums.denverbroncos.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=349348&dateline=13355  71607

Quote Originally Posted by broncofan1982 View Post
    Overall he played well in the NE game. The last two were bad. He is still a developing QB. Jeez.
    What is he developing into?

Quote Originally Posted by HardlyNormal View Post
    LOLOLOL. Shanahan did nothing but take another guys team to the Superbowl and then force Bryan Griese to play like Elway did, getting him hurt and ending his career. Imagine Griese as a pure pocket passer.
    No he did not take another guys team to the Super Bowl. He was the offensive coordinator under Reeves in the 80's, left became the head coach of the then LA Raiders, came back to Denver as an offensive assistant for a year before being fired by Reeves (due to a feud he had with Elway)(also the reason why Denver drafted Tommy Maddux in the 1st round), went to San Fransisco for two years (while Wade Phillips was the head coach here in Denver), and finally returned as head coach of the Denver Broncos. Shanahan was the one who built John Elway.
    A day to remember: 4-19-1995

Lmao at everyone who says we won the division! Oakland lost it! The two best teams in the west, who would have any chance at winning a playoff game played lights out football while the Denver stepping stones going get crushed by the steelers and Tebows sorry play at QB will be the main reason for it

Quote Originally Posted by Moolenium View Post
    No, before you just turn your head at this post and continue on, this is not another "I'm proud of the boys no matter what" thread. I'm not going to type out a long, motivational speech on how we never gave up throughout the season, they've proved that to us already, and we all know their heart.

But looking around these forums, I seriously, sincerely can not BELIEVE there are people who can only think about how badly we're losing to Pittsburgh next week. These posters are the definition of "biting the hand that feeds". Let me ask you, if somebody told you after our 1-4/2-5 star, that we would be divisional champions-- let that sink in...1st place in the whole AFC West, how would you react? Would you even believe that this person regularly watches football, or even knows what the "Denver Broncos" are?

This was, one of the funnest, most exciting years in my life as a Bronco fan. For far, far too long, I have been dying for a playoff birth. Heck, after so much disappointment, all I wanted was a team that didn't get clobbered every Sunday, a team that had personality and a voice, and now we have that team. If you're not satisfied, I can assure you, that you never, EVER will be as a fan, not even a 19-0 season. Forget what happens against Pittsburgh, there are 24 other NFL teams at the end of the day, who wished they were in our spot, and people have the audacity to complain? This Saturday/Sunday, use this 3 hour game to reflect and remind yourselves on how lucky we are to even be there.
    Unfortunately bro, there are so many Tebow haters in these boards that posts like this are a waste of your time. They want us to fail, they want Tebow replaced, and thats why they root for the team that they are supposedly fans of to lose. It is disgusting, but then again, when 60% of our stands are full of Steelers fans next weekend, it will truly be evident that this is one of the worst fan bases in professional sports!

Pre-season expectations = 4-12 or 5-11
    This seasons start will Turd Orton = 1-4
    This seasons reality = 8-8, divison title, first playoff birth in 6 years.

But go Steelers, kill Tebow so we can start all aover at QB and waste our 3rd 1st rounder in 5 years on a QB, because damnit, thats how titles are won!

Quote Originally Posted by awells05 View Post
    You would rather not be in the playoffs than be in the playoffs? As a fan of any team I would never prefer them to not have a chance to keep playing.
    I'd rather the team play like a team deserving of the playoffs....This team has been lifeless for 3 weeks and it's pathetic!