View Poll Results: Is Tim's game hindering or helping the Broncos more?

Voters
72. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hindering

47 65.28%
  • Helping

15 20.83%
  • Don't know, can't answer...

10 13.89%
Page 20 of 39 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 30 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by sidewinder View Post
    Well hes not a rookie qb for one. Reading other replies makes me foflmao. Orton didn't get these breaks you want us to give tebow. Which brings me to the point. Tebow will not be here long enuff to be a good qb. We were 7-4 during a perfect storm, games against teams who were playing their worst and hurting missing key players.This team is so far away from being a good team that its not even funny. We have a coach who has shown hes up for the job.Part of it will be getting a new qb and give tebow time is a pipe dream
    For all purposes he is a rookie QB. This was his first year starting in meaningful games as a QB and he didn't even have a proper offseason to develop.

Of course Orton doesn't get the same breaks that Tebow does, Orton is a veteran you expect him to be polished. Tebow was a guy that optimists thought was a 3 year project and here you want him to be polished in his second year in the league without anywhere near the recommended amount of time for development?

It's silly to ditch a young QB so early in his career. There are QBs all over the league that get way more leeway and patience from their fanbase and team than Tebow does. If you drop a player the moment they start faltering and playing badly then you let a lot of players go. John Elway in his rookie year threw 2X more interceptions than touchdowns and he completed 47.5% of his passes that year. That was coming from the 1st pick of the NFL Draft, a player that was supposed to be extremely polished. Now if we had followed yours and many fans way of thinking then well John Elway wouldn't have become the best QB in Broncos history and wouldn't have led us to the Super Bowl several time. You cannot abandon talent at the first sign of failure, it shows a complete lack of patience and that is going to ruin any team.

The QB position more than any positions is one that you need to be patient with. If you can't show then you are doomed to swapping out QB after QB without ever getting a permanent solution.
    2011-2012 Adopted Broncos: Orlando Franklin

Lol against Kansas the Play calling was ultra Conservative. Imagine how it will be against the Stealers D lol. I have a feeling we might run 99% of the time.

Elway was a better player,even his rookie year. He threw the ball better,even with incomplete passes you still felt better. He moved around better and had it. There was something there, you couldn't put your finger on it but it was there.
    Last edited by sidewinder; 01-01-2012 at 07:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by wannaberocker View Post
    Lol against Kansas the Play calling was ultra Conservative. Imagine how it will be against the Stealers D lol. I have a feeling we might run 99% of the time.
    After what Tebow has shown while passing the ball the past 2 weeks a 99/1% ratio would be about right.

Quote Originally Posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    On the flea flicker Decker was wide open if he led him down field. The pass Thomas caught for a first down in the second quarter, Thomas was open early but Tebow refused to throw it, directed him back outside and then finally threw the ball. In the fourth quarter Decker was "NFL" wide open on an in cut, Tebow refused to throw the ball danced around for awhile and then threw it away.

You can blame playcalling all you want, and insult people all you want, but the reality is players are getting wide open (Royal and Fells last week as two quick examples) but Tebow isn't throwing the ball to them.

In fact on most pass plays Tebow takes the snap stares down Thomas (it was Decker earlier in the year) if he isn't open he dances around if he is open it's 50/50 as to whether he throws the ball or dances around. But right now Tebow is NOT making good decisions and he's not processing what he's seeeing, that's not play calling, that on the player.
    I agree with most of what u say but come on man. Draw plays on 3rd and 7, no passes on first down, no sceens or play action. If I can sit here on my couch and predict what is coming then I'm sure defensive corridnators have no problem predicting it.

i watched decker drop like 8 passes in warm ups.... cmon man

Quote Originally Posted by KWHIT97 View Post
    Kyle Orton is the real reason we stayed in the game, lets be real here!
    maybe somewhat....but our QB couldn't make a play when it counted so what does that say.

Quote Originally Posted by beastlyskronk View Post
    No, but I think Fox beating into his head to not turn the ball over is making him play ultra conservative when passing.
    This is the bottom line. he has had pressure from the coach, elway, and himself, add 3 game loses, and you can see his confidence is not like it was. He is a rookie and he is 24 years old. I'm still waiting for someone to give this guy a break.

Quote Originally Posted by Roddoliver View Post
    Playcalling does not make the QB forget about footwork and progressions. The receivers were there, open, waiting for the ball.
    No they weren't. Look at the tape. They are never open. Simms was flabergasted at that.

Can Tebow get better? I hope so. But first, he should stop regressing each week. Less Tebowing and more football, please. Just stand in the pocket, step into the throw and release the damn ball. 6 of 22 for 60 yards? 2.7 YPA? I have never seen a QB play so bad. Confidence? Zero. Mechanics? Gone. Awful footwork. Tunnel vision. Stop kneeling all the time and go learn how to play QB. I feel sorry for Elway, he shows some support and this is what he gets in return.
    http://forums.denverbroncos.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=349348&dateline=13355  71607

Ugh.. Tebows play could have been better, the Play calling could have def. been better.

Too Conservative for too long. They need to adapt from their earlier style of play this season, because other teams adapted to it. Several times receiver were open, a lot of time CBC showed how they were all covered and Tebow had no where to pass or throw.

Tebow is not a premier QB and he is not throwing to premier WRs. We need more creative play calling, not more conservative. 10 points would have won this game. We could only muster up 3? Great we didn't get beat down like the last 2 weeks, but we didn't do anything to help ourselves when the playoffs are on the line?

That game plan we watched was the best they could do?
    We're screwed before we even hit the field next week
    There lots of blame to go around for the offensive offense out there.
    The Game Day Thread: Year 15 Now in progress.

Quote Originally Posted by dork54 View Post
    No they weren't. Look at the tape. They are never open. Simms was flabergasted at that.
    They were open (Simms pointed out three seperate plays where they were wide open and Tebow didn't throw the ball), but they're called timing routes for a reason, the QB needs to trust himself and the receiver and throw the ball anticipating. Tebow does this very little right now, he's more comfortable when the receivers are stationary. He has no confidence in what he's doing right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Elway View Post
    Ugh.. Tebows play could have been better, the Play calling could have def. been better.

Too Conservative for too long. They need to adapt from their earlier style of play this season, because other teams adapted to it. Several times receiver were open, a lot of time CBC showed how they were all covered and Tebow had no where to pass or throw.

Tebow is not a premier QB and he is not throwing to premier WRs. We need more creative play calling, not more conservative. 10 points would have won this game. We could only muster up 3? Great we didn't get beat down like the last 2 weeks, but we didn't do anything to help ourselves when the playoffs are on the line?

That game plan we watched was the best they could do?
    We're screwed before we even hit the field next week
    There lots of blame to go around for the offensive offense out there.
    Exactly how if i feel. Great post Elway
    HE>i

Quote Originally Posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
    What is he developing into?
    a playoff QB and a SB one later after he gets a a real OC !! that can use his talents.

need a system that plays to his straights !!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by kingelway7 View Post
    Because he is so (over) talked about and polarizing, people expect big play from Tebow right from the start. In truth, Tebow is essentially a rookie this year who is trying to overcome deficiencies and had no offseason to work on those deficiencies to try to improve and overcome them.
    I wish I had a nickle every time someone has tried to explain this very thing to these guys, but unfortunately some people just never get it. And if he comes back next year and is improved and a good qb. There still will be 40 percent of those that still won't like him.