Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

having dinner with your girlfriends parents for the first time

Her mom is not to particularly fond of me anyone got any tips on how to win her mom over? I'm desperate here

Quote Originally Posted by captainbronco View Post
    Her mom is not to particularly fond of me anyone got any tips on how to win her mom over? I'm desperate here
    Be yourself, don't oversell it. If you try anything like that, she'll see right through you and start questioning what and how much you're overselling to her daughter.

I never had a problem with the moms. The Moms always loved me.

Hooray, beer!

Thanks man moms usually love me too its just her mom is way different than anything I've come across

yep gotta be yourself... let her mom see why your girlfriend likes you/ who you are. can't really do anything more.

I hate meeting the parents haha

Quote Originally Posted by Remedy View Post
    yep gotta be yourself... let her mom see why your girlfriend likes you/ who you are. can't really do anything more.

I hate meeting the parents haha
    Haha thanks man me too

You're having dinner with my girlfriend's parents?

We're gonna have to have a talk, sir

-------------------------------------------

On a serious note, give compliments to the parents often.

"Wow, this food is amazing."
    "You're house is beautiful."
    "Thank you for your hospitality."

Then, make sure to not let it get quiet at the dinner table. Start conversations! If the parents ask you a question, answer it thoroughly. No short answers.
    Last edited by getlynched47; 01-04-2012 at 12:36 PM.

FA Targets: DT Jason Jones, DT Pat Simms, S Reggie Smith, LB Dan Connor

Good Luck!! Be respectful and honest, Having a couple shots of jack might help too!!! (just Kidding) .....
    "January 25, 1998: The night God answered our prayers

oh and bring a bottle of wine or flowers.

I have no advice to give. Parents ALWAYS hate me.

- ★ -
    2012 Adopt a Bronco : Joe Mays

Quote Originally Posted by sSync View Post
    I have no advice to give. Parents ALWAYS hate me.
    who can blame them

Quote Originally Posted by Remedy View Post
    who can blame them
    ME! I'm a nice guy!!!... (most of the time)

- ★ -
    2012 Adopt a Bronco : Joe Mays

Flowers. Be super polite. Start up conversation, keep conversation going. All that.

Quote Originally Posted by captainbronco View Post

Parents are my specialty.

Why does her mom not like you so much? How old are you? What kind of mom is she? Ex. Stern and strict, a biatch, old fashioned, hard working, nice and sweet, things your a horn dog, a funny lady who jokes around?

This will really help with the advice I give.

For starters though, since you are already in the hole id go with this method. (be advised this works almost always accept if the mom is a biatch or a person who is super strong and does not tolerate any weakness or anything like that, like a Military mom.

So- go with "the clumsy cute"- it will smooth things over so fast. For an ex. watch the movie "Shes out of my league" and you will see what I mean. The main character nails this. Women love this, especially if they already are mad or dont like you. See, the mom is going to be nice to you out of respect for her daughter, but if you can show that you are confident yet non threatening she will like you.

Dont spill or anything or do anything stupid. Like said be yourself but be a little bashful and shy. DONT BE QUIET though. Like said above, talk a fair amount and no short sentences. It would help to know your age, but I would have a list of 10 things in my head that are conversation starters...Like did you landscape yourself? oh you do, i do some gardening. Or can you believe the broncos are in the playoffs or the Olympics are next year...just silly stuff that can kick start a convo.

Back to the clumsy cute, dont be overbearing or threatening and be a tad shy but still confident. If you can make yourself blush on cue (good tool to have) throw out a blush also....Remember, most women like the scared little nervous little things, They cant help it. You have seen them where they see like the ugliest rat/dog in the world and its shaking cuz its scared and trembling and curled up, yet they will try to cuddle it and nurture it and call it precious. Dont go to that extreme but now you know what your target response is. Do what you need to do "clumsy cute" not stupid and not shy to get it. She will warm up to you right away.

PS- Eye contact- ALWAYS ALWAYS make eye contact, eye to eye. Dont look down or around.
    For now....
    1. Reuben Badass LB; 2. Joe Mixon RB; 3. Jake Butt TE; 3B Sid Jones DB; 4. Bucky Hoges TE; 6. Ryan Switzer WR. Trade for Sheldon Richardson.

Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
    Parents are my specialty.

Why does her mom not like you so much? How old are you? What kind of mom is she? Ex. Stern and strict, a biatch, old fashioned, hard working, nice and sweet, things your a horn dog, a funny lady who jokes around?

This will really help with the advice I give.

For starters though, since you are already in the hole id go with this method. (be advised this works almost always accept if the mom is a biatch or a person who is super strong and does not tolerate any weakness or anything like that, like a Military mom.

So- go with "the clumsy cute"- it will smooth things over so fast. For an ex. watch the movie "Shes out of my league" and you will see what I mean. The main character nails this. Women love this, especially if they already are mad or dont like you. See, the mom is going to be nice to you out of respect for her daughter, but if you can show that you are confident yet non threatening she will like you.

Dont spill or anything or do anything stupid. Like said be yourself but be a little bashful and shy. DONT BE QUIET though. Like said above, talk a fair amount and no short sentences. It would help to know your age, but I would have a list of 10 things in my head that are conversation starters...Like did you landscape yourself? oh you do, i do some gardening. Or can you believe the broncos are in the playoffs or the Olympics are next year...just silly stuff that can kick start a convo.

Back to the clumsy cute, dont be overbearing or threatening and be a tad shy but still confident. If you can make yourself blush on cue (good tool to have) throw out a blush also....Remember, most women like the scared little nervous little things, They cant help it. You have seen them where they see like the ugliest rat/dog in the world and its shaking cuz its scared and trembling and curled up, yet they will try to cuddle it and nurture it and call it precious. Dont go to that extreme but now you know what your target response is. Do what you need to do "clumsy cute" not stupid and not shy to get it. She will warm up to you right away.

PS- Eye contact- ALWAYS ALWAYS make eye contact, eye to eye. Dont look down or around.
    hmmm good advice im 20 and weve been dating for 6 months

her mom seems stern and maybe even kind of a biatch but i dont know exactly since i havent really spent anytime with her

thanks for the advice guys to put the icing on the cake i got some ice cream sammies

flowers ? are you guys kidding? LOL.

all you gotta prove is that you care about their daughter