Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by captainbronco View Post
    hmmm good advice im 20 and weve been dating for 6 months

her mom seems stern and maybe even kind of a biatch but i dont know exactly since i havent really spent anytime with her

thanks for the advice guys to put the icing on the cake i got some ice cream sammies

20 ok about what i figured. Good...The only thing that I might adjust then is the 10 question starters? subtle compliments to them are good but they will see ass kissing, instead try and show off some ambition.

Like: Oh, I see the decorating is pretty ecletic in here. Did you do it yourself? (yes) its very diverse (if it is, dont say if its not) with the blank here in this room and the blank here in that room.....I was considering interior decorating for one of my college courses...Oh really? yeah, but now I am going to school for blank. I also considered (just give them the impressions you are a good student and ambitious) it should flow easily for you.

That and maybe something like your wall paper, or a picture over there or whatever, it has a theme, or where you in that picture on vacation at blank. The wall paper looks/ reminds me of caribbean etc etc....Then you can go on about vacations. People love to talk about their vacations and it will also bring back the good (hopefully good) memories they had on them which will loosen her up towards you.

Parents are easy. They dont like threatening, they want respect and appreciate subtle flattery of their accomplishments, knowledge and things they have accured/acquired over the year.

You got this. I wouldnt be worried at all. nervous is good. Seal the deal amigo.
    For now....
    1. Reuben Badass LB; 2. Joe Mixon RB; 3. Jake Butt TE; 3B Sid Jones DB; 4. Bucky Hoges TE; 6. Ryan Switzer WR. Trade for Sheldon Richardson.

Quote Originally Posted by vLordChronicv View Post
    flowers ? are you guys kidding? LOL.

all you gotta prove is that you care about their daughter
    it's very polite to bring wine or flowers to dinner. /shrug maybe it's more as you get older IDK

Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
    20 ok about what i figured. Good...The only thing that I might adjust then is the 10 question starters? subtle compliments to them are good but they will see ass kissing, instead try and show off some ambition.

Like: Oh, I see the decorating is pretty ecletic in here. Did you do it yourself? (yes) its very diverse (if it is, dont say if its not) with the blank here in this room and the blank here in that room.....I was considering interior decorating for one of my college courses...Oh really? yeah, but now I am going to school for blank. I also considered (just give them the impressions you are a good student and ambitious) it should flow easily for you.

That and maybe something like your wall paper, or a picture over there or whatever, it has a theme, or where you in that picture on vacation at blank. The wall paper looks/ reminds me of caribbean etc etc....Then you can go on about vacations. People love to talk about their vacations and it will also bring back the good (hopefully good) memories they had on them which will loosen her up towards you.

Parents are easy. They dont like threatening, they want respect and appreciate subtle flattery of their accomplishments, knowledge and things they have accured/acquired over the year.

You got this. I wouldnt be worried at all. nervous is good. Seal the deal amigo.
    thanks again mate good advice

Keep it simple, don't be someone your not, just remember to be outgoing and courteous.

Shouldn't have too much trouble if you do those things and don't do/say anything stupid.

Just be you... Be the guy that their daughter fell for... It might take time, but they will come around.
    *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women***

Adopted Bronco 2015 CJ Anderson

Or just make a move on the mom.

FA Targets: DT Jason Jones, DT Pat Simms, S Reggie Smith, LB Dan Connor

Quote Originally Posted by getlynched47 View Post
    Or just make a move on the mom.
    Best. Advice. Evar!!!
    *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women***

Adopted Bronco 2015 CJ Anderson

If you are a hat wearer...take it off at the entrance. Bring flowers and/or wine. Go real easy on drinks.....parents watch and count. Offer to help set the table etc. eat seconds even if the food is lousy....if you lke moms food you are gold. No g/f ass slaps, making out...show respect to her.

All that and you are in..

Don't fart at the dinner table.

Adopted Posters:
    Broncbeat - 80stheman - kmcgough25 - InsaneBlaze 23
    Adopted By:
    Broncoholic JS & 80stheman
    Broncbeat

Tell her you'll love your daughter for the rest of your life & would do anything for her
    Rod Smith for the HOF. TEBOW RULES!

I swear my father-in-law is a hit-man for the Russian mob.

Every time I see him, I visualize him strangling a guy with Piano wire.

Wear a cape. Maybe even a full on Batman costume.

Then when things go from bad to worse, you can bail by saying - "Hey, I need to go fight crime!"

Adopted by JakeNbake

Sig by Freyaka

Don't whip it out
    http://forums.denverbroncos.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=382185&dateline=13182  11057
    Thank you Charger$

if i had a girlfriend this thread title would be offensive

be someone else entirely, someone worse than you, then start laughing saying JUST KIDDING... they'll probably be pleased. or kick you out.
    Last edited by 12and4; 01-05-2012 at 02:34 AM.