Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Are we in agreement that Quintin Carter is our worst defensive player?

I cant stand to see that guy try to make a tackle. Since Dawkins has been out he has gotten a lot of playing time and seems to always be out of place or not wrapping up and any single tackle. The media seems to be placing a lot of the blame on Millers cast for our recent issues on defense, but I really think that Dawkins neck has had just as big, if not more of an impact than Millers thumb.

Thoughts?

i thought he did better against the Chiefs.

Rahim Moore, on the other hand...

He hit a rookie wall and had some bad games. But against the Cheifs and early on he was good for a rookie

Mccarthy..

Quote Originally Posted by Junitz23 View Post
    Mccarthy..
    Lol, he has been cut more times than an emo teenager.

Quote Originally Posted by InElwayWeTrust View Post
    Lol, he has been cut more times than an emo teenager.
    Mean but funny

I dont know Moore has looked really bad. Carter has shown some potential at times where as Moore has looked hopeless. I was super excited for Moore but now Im thinking we just chose the wrong year to draft safties. I hope Im wrong cause I like these guys but not looking good so far.

Carter has been the worse tackler on the field all season. Before the chiefs game game he acknowledged he needed to work on his tackling and during that game he did appear to be somewhat better. He's still nowhere near what he needs to be for a free safety. I think his lack of ideal size (undersized) is a problem in run support.

How come Carter & Moore don't get the same pass as Tebow even though they are ACTUALLY rookies?

He wasnt drafted to be a starter so im not surprised he is struggling in a starting role.

Have you watched Goodman make a tackle? That's right, you haven't... because he can't. Haha

But seriously, I've never seen a football player make as bad an attempt to tackle somebody as Goodman other than punters and a few QBs.

For the sake of the mods, please don't report my sig anymore. They have said it does not violate the Code of Conduct. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Soulfire View Post
    Have you watched Goodman make a tackle? That's right, you haven't... because he can't. Haha

But seriously, I've never seen a football player make as bad an attempt to tackle somebody as Goodman other than punters and a few QBs.
    I still remember he got out muscled by Jacoby ford week one on MNF.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulfire View Post

That's a lie... I saw him make some huge tackles in the last couple of games..

2013 Adopted Bronco - Duke Ihenacho

Quote Originally Posted by JakeNbake View Post
    That's a lie... I saw him make some huge tackles in the last couple of games..
    He's been quite good at coming up in run support, surprisingly.

Our defensive rookies (Apart from Chris Harris who is becoming one of my favorite Broncos) have struggled lately. Von Miller has been nonexistent (His thumb should take some of the blame as well of course), Rahim Moore has just been bad all around, Quinton Carter looks slower than most of our LBs, and the one thing he was known for (big hits) isn't showing right now. I think for Moore/Carter, they are just thinking way too much. They look slow, despite not being slow guys, and I think it's just too much on their plate right now. It's unfortunate Dawkins is hurt, but hopefully an offseason can help them gain some confidence in the scheme, and if that doesn't help things, then they probably just aren't going to be good Pros.