Page 128 of 128 FirstFirst ... 28 78 118 126 127 128
Results 1,906 to 1,917 of 1917

Thread: NBA Thread

Huge respect for the Cavs players and fans for their response to Hayward’s injury. Prayers to Hayward for a quick recovery.

So Gordon Hayward's out for the season. I hope he can come back from this. Paul George came back.

EDIT: So it's not the leg. Broken ankle definitely w/a dislocation. Idk if that's worse or better. Probably depends on ligament damage. Hope this is good news.
    Last edited by Spice 1; 10-17-2017 at 05:55 PM.

Tough news for Hayward. I am a big Jazz fan and none of us were happy about him leaving.... he was our guy, we watched him develop and it broke us to see him sign elsewhere..... Jazz fans everywhere hope for the best for him, he truly is a fan favorite.

Don't look now, but the Cavs are balling!!! With Thomas waiting in the wings to get back on the floor. And, they still have that 1st round pick in their back pocket to add another key part if need be.

Quote Originally Posted by ELWAY421 View Post
    Don't look now, but the Cavs are balling!!! With Thomas waiting in the wings to get back on the floor. And, they still have that 1st round pick in their back pocket to add another key part if need be.
    Celtics took it the Cavs last night. But basketball is the one sport where the regular season matters not.

BTW, I'm tired of Isaiah Thomas' whining about being traded. He's been bellyaching for weeks now. Enough already. Too bad he didn't play against Boston. Cry Baby!

My Raptors are not a favourite perhaps, but have only lost 10 games, and DeRozan is on fire!!!

In the two years since Durant signed with the Warriors, they are 23-6 w/o Durant, and 11-4 w/o Curry. The Cavs are 0-8 w/o LeBron.

In the two previous years the Thunder were 30-35 w/o Durant, 5-12 w/o Westbrook, and the Warriors were 6-5 w/o Curry. The Cavs were 3-10 minus LeBron.

Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    My Raptors are not a favourite perhaps, but have only lost 10 games, and DeRozan is on fire!!!
    I haven't seen much of them this year, but I guess they changed their philosophy offensively. Looks like it's playing off so far.

Man, how things can change in a couple of months. The Cavs are all sorts of messed up right now. I don't think a trade could fix this team.

Quote Originally Posted by Spice 1 View Post
    In the two years since Durant signed with the Warriors, they are 23-6 w/o Durant, and 11-4 w/o Curry. The Cavs are 0-8 w/o LeBron.

In the two previous years the Thunder were 30-35 w/o Durant, 5-12 w/o Westbrook, and the Warriors were 6-5 w/o Curry. The Cavs were 3-10 minus LeBron.

I haven't seen much of them this year, but I guess they changed their philosophy offensively. Looks like it's playing off so far.
    I don't like Lebron but does anyone really argue who the better overall player is out of the 3? I think the Warriors are clearly a better overall team but I didn't think anyone argued Lebron isn't better than those two.

Quote Originally Posted by ELWAY421 View Post
    Man, how things can change in a couple of months. The Cavs are all sorts of messed up right now. I don't think a trade could fix this team.
    I haven't followed as much as I generally do. I still track scores for the Nuggets but only occasionally check standings. I am aware of the Cavs recently struggle after they seemed to figure it out.

I don't want to make any accusations and can only speculate but I'm curious if players don't want to play with Lebron anymore. I probably sound ridiculous but it started with Kyrie wanting his own team. And I don't blame him because you could argue he carried the team to the title comeback against the Warriors. I'm not saying anything like Lebron isn't a good teammate or anything but the current roster isn't working. Perhaps they just took too many risks on talent replacement and he just doesn't have a team he can win in spite of right now. I don't really know.

I'm also wondering if his heart isn't in Cleveland right now since he's rumored to want out again. But I don't want to put too much stock into rumors. His numbers aren't really that down so I don't think it's his heart being in Cleveland.

Maybe I'm putting too much stock in the slump that's probably just temporary. But it's mind boggling for it to last this long. And I don't really have much doubt he'll have them pulled out of it by postseason like usual.

I'm probably grasping at straws and don't take this as hate towards Lebron. I'm just baffled at the current slump after they seemed to have figured it out this year.

Maybe just took big of a loss to take losing Kyrie.

Quote Originally Posted by DenverBlood View Post
    I don't like Lebron but does anyone really argue who the better overall player is out of the 3? I think the Warriors are clearly a better overall team but I didn't think anyone argued Lebron isn't better than those two.
    I don't know. They stopped doing the Curry thing after the '16 Finals. I haven't watched much of the TV stuff since they were doing the Durant/LeBron thing after the '17 Finals. Just thought those stats were crazy. I'd agree you got a safe bet on that better team call, for sure. I'd give the '96 Bulls what, 2 out of 6 or whatever? I want people to get off my MJ lawn as much as the next guy, but yeah...one, maybe two?

Here's a funny one I heard about after the Warriors/Cavs game on Christmas. This is updated through yesterday:

Kevin Durant shots in the paint (last year and this year combined) - 305
    Kevin Durant FTs per 36 minutes - Last year 6.7, this year 5.6.
    LeBron shots in the paint (combined)- 659
    LeBron FTs per 36 - last year 6.8, this year 5.8.

So yeah, KD's clearly got people running at him like a zombie movie whenever he shoots a jumper. That's probably why he jokes about LeBron not getting Planet Fitness calls, and then hops on Twitter to argue with his fans in the third person. So I get why people don't like LeBron, but then those same people tell me they like Durant or that LeBron get's too many calls, and I'm like...dude what?

LeBron is the best player in the NBA, but the reason players don't want to play there is just like Noah said, "Who wants to go to Cleveland?"

BTW look at how my Bulls are doing, pretty surprising huh?
    Rod Smith for the HOF. TEBOW RULES!

Quote Originally Posted by HUMCALC View Post
    LeBron is the best player in the NBA, but the reason players don't want to play there is just like Noah said, "Who wants to go to Cleveland?"

BTW look at how my Bulls are doing, pretty surprising huh?
    Well, LeBron tried to change that, and became his own pseudo GM. It's harder than it looks, apparently. lol. I don't even know how the Cavs win any games with TT and JR taking up a quarter of the team's cap space.

Joakim Noah. That guy was an awesome troll. He was like Draymond Green w/o basketball skills.