Page 140 of 140 FirstFirst ... 40 90 130 138 139 140
Results 2,086 to 2,100 of 2100

Thread: NBA Thread

Quote Originally Posted by ELWAY421 View Post
    Please Cavs fire Ty Lue!

This dude isn't qualified to be a assistant coach...
    Yeah, whether LeBron leaves or not, they should find somebody. What's Fratello up to these days? lol.

Lue's rotations are the main thing I don't like. I love JR, but he's been declining for a couple years now. It's hard to hide Korver defensively against a team like Boston, but I would at least try to start him with Thompson. LeBron and Korver play well together, and Korver is the only player on the team who can consistently hit jump shots right now. Could care less about Rodney Hood. Hood wouldn't even be in the rotation anyway. I agree with Lue on taking Clarkson out. He's been pretty bad for a couple months now. I agree with starting Thompson too, but game one probably would've been a pretty good time to do it. Calderon and Zizic should get minutes.

Please Cavs fire Ty Lue!

This dude isn't qualified to be a assistant coach...
    Quote Originally Posted by Spice 1 View Post
    Yeah, whether LeBron leaves or not, they should find somebody. What's Fratello up to these days? lol.

Lue's rotations are the main thing I don't like. I love JR, but he's been declining for a couple years now. It's hard to hide Korver defensively against a team like Boston, but I would at least try to start him with Thompson. LeBron and Korver play well together, and Korver is the only player on the team who can consistently hit jump shots right now. Could care less about Rodney Hood. Hood wouldn't even be in the rotation anyway. I agree with Lue on taking Clarkson out. He's been pretty bad for a couple months now. I agree with starting Thompson too, but game one probably would've been a pretty good time to do it. Calderon and Zizic should get minutes.
    Please correct me if I'm wrong but weren't you guys calling for Ty Lue to be the savior two years ago when they finally fired Mike Brown? It's amazing how things change in a short span.

Anyways I'm really stunned about how this series has gone. I know stevens is a great coach but without Kyrie I expected the Cavs to at least get 1 in Boston if not both. I'm really stunned at how things have turned out so far. Even with Lebron doing as expected and balling out last night the rest of the roster let him down.

I still expect the Cavs to win both games at home which could potentially lead to a momentum changing game 5 steal in Boston. And then Cavs close out in 6. But if Boston manages to get either game in Cleveland the pressure is going to get really intense on Lebron to save the season.

Quote Originally Posted by DenverBlood View Post
    Please correct me if I'm wrong but weren't you guys calling for Ty Lue to be the savior two years ago when they finally fired Mike Brown? It's amazing how things change in a short span.

Anyways I'm really stunned about how this series has gone. I know stevens is a great coach but without Kyrie I expected the Cavs to at least get 1 in Boston if not both. I'm really stunned at how things have turned out so far. Even with Lebron doing as expected and balling out last night the rest of the roster let him down.

I still expect the Cavs to win both games at home which could potentially lead to a momentum changing game 5 steal in Boston. And then Cavs close out in 6. But if Boston manages to get either game in Cleveland the pressure is going to get really intense on Lebron to save the season.
    You mean David Blatt?

You mean David Blatt?
    Yeah got my years mixed up.

I took a gander, and I said this when Lue was hired in:

Surprised they already gave Lue a long term deal instead of interim status. Wonder if LBJ had anything to do with that.
    Elway said this:

Nevermind, Lue apparently already signed a long term deal lol, wow, just wow.
    Skimmed through the Finals thread from two years ago, and didn't see any praise for Lue whatsoever. Saw some criticism from Elway. I started really questioning Lue last season. Wasn't much of a reason to blame much on him his first year, because he was an interim coach. Fratello was the last good coach the Cavs have had. Before that, Lenny Wilkins. Karl and Daly coached them for a few years in the 80's. So you can see where it's gotten to at this point.

Celtics backcourt 41 points

Cavs backcourt 3

I agree with what Spice said about Lue & rotations. If Jr & hill are going to play that poorly then play Cedi & Jose some PT.

Lebron's best coach was Miami's HC.

I took a gander, and I said this when Lue was hired in:

Elway said this:

Skimmed through the Finals thread from two years ago, and didn't see any praise for Lue whatsoever. Saw some criticism from Elway. I started really questioning Lue last season. Wasn't much of a reason to blame much on him his first year, because he was an interim coach. Fratello was the last good coach the Cavs have had. Before that, Lenny Wilkins. Karl and Daly coached them for a few years in the 80's. So you can see where it's gotten to at this point.
    Ok I may have been mixing you guys up with some of the ESPN articles where people seemed to really want Lue. Wasn't he the hot assistant before Blatt was fired?

Cavs backcourt 3

I agree with what Spice said about Lue & rotations. If Jr & hill are going to play that poorly then play Cedi & Jose some PT.

Yeah which is funny because the whole world was blaming Spoelstra when they lost.

Anyway I still dislike Lebron but I'm kind of backing off of some of the criticism from years ago. He seems to have matured quite a bit from the arrogant youngster who toted not 7 not 8 titles when he got to Miami. On top of his second go around in Cleveland has given me more reason to understand if he wants to leave to get better support. He gave the franchise a second opportunity to put star talent around him and they got rid of his best support. Though I get that's because Kyrie didn't want to play Robin to his Batman. With as many high picks as Cleveland has had there really should be more above average support around LeBron by now.

I cut him more slack when he puts up 42 points and the rest of the roster can only put up 52 combined. So this go around if he wants to go team up in Philly or L.A. to compete with the Warriors, Celtics and Rockets I kind of get it. I was normally on the wagon of Jordan didn't have to go team up to get rings. But the Bulls did a far superior job of putting top level talent around him and doing what it took to help him win. He didn't have to go looking for help.

I still prefer MJ to Lebron as the GOAT. But I get why Lebron considers leaving for rings.

Cavs backcourt 3

The problem with Hill is that they don't have anyone else besides Calderon who can reliably bring the ball up besides LeBron. JR can't do it with any consistency, and Clarkson hasn't been very consistent. Hill has to get minutes, but like you're saying, it's too much when he's playing this way. I like Cedi in spot duty as the 11th. Would like to see Zizic, Nance, and Green/Osman at three coming off the bench.

Ok I may have been mixing you guys up with some of the ESPN articles where people seemed to really want Lue. Wasn't he the hot assistant before Blatt was fired?

Yeah which is funny because the whole world was blaming Spoelstra when they lost.

Anyway I still dislike Lebron but I'm kind of backing off of some of the criticism from years ago. He seems to have matured quite a bit from the arrogant youngster who toted not 7 not 8 titles when he got to Miami. On top of his second go around in Cleveland has given me more reason to understand if he wants to leave to get better support. He gave the franchise a second opportunity to put star talent around him and they got rid of his best support. Though I get that's because Kyrie didn't want to play Robin to his Batman. With as many high picks as Cleveland has had there really should be more above average support around LeBron by now.

I cut him more slack when he puts up 42 points and the rest of the roster can only put up 52 combined. So this go around if he wants to go team up in Philly or L.A. to compete with the Warriors, Celtics and Rockets I kind of get it. I was normally on the wagon of Jordan didn't have to go team up to get rings. But the Bulls did a far superior job of putting top level talent around him and doing what it took to help him win. He didn't have to go looking for help.

I still prefer MJ to Lebron as the GOAT. But I get why Lebron considers leaving for rings.
    Spoelstra did change his offense after LeBron's first year, and I think that had a major impact. I do agree with you guys that Spoelstra was his best coach so far. I didn't like him at first, but he's proven to be pretty good. If Waiters would've been healthy this year, they might've made some noise in the playoffs.

The Kyrie thing is an all around turd sandwich now with the eighth or ninth pick or whatever they got. It was still a move they had to make though. I saw some people in the media talking like they screwed up, but last I checked Kyrie's out with a knee. Forcing him to stay through his contract wouldn't have had any impact on this season or next season, because LeBron knew that Kyrie wanted out anyway. Maybe he signs a one year deal until Kyrie's was up, but Kyrie didn't want to play with LeBron at the end of the day.

The problem with Hill is that they don't have anyone else besides Calderon who can reliably bring the ball up besides LeBron. JR can't do it with any consistency, and Clarkson hasn't been very consistent. Hill has to get minutes, but like you're saying, it's too much when he's playing this way. I like Cedi in spot duty as the 11th. Would like to see Zizic, Nance, and Green/Osman at three coming off the bench.

Spoelstra did change his offense after LeBron's first year, and I think that had a major impact. I do agree with you guys that Spoelstra was his best coach so far. I didn't like him at first, but he's proven to be pretty good. If Waiters would've been healthy this year, they might've made some noise in the playoffs.

The Kyrie thing is an all around turd sandwich now with the eighth or ninth pick or whatever they got. It was still a move they had to make though. I saw some people in the media talking like they screwed up, but last I checked Kyrie's out with a knee. Forcing him to stay through his contract wouldn't have had any impact on this season or next season, because LeBron knew that Kyrie wanted out anyway. Maybe he signs a one year deal until Kyrie's was up, but Kyrie didn't want to play with LeBron at the end of the day.

Right I give them a free pass on Kyrie. But outside of that not many awe inspiring roster moves over the years.

Right I give them a free pass on Kyrie. But outside of that not many awe inspiring roster moves over the years.
    Yep. It's been pretty brutal. I can't really blame Griffin for anything though, because the Warriors pretty much cancelled any chance they had. I thought Ferry did well until he screwed up the Stoudemire deal. That was pretty unforgiveable.

I saw a mock draft today that had Cleveland getting Trae Young with the 8th pick. That would be pretty sweet at least. Doubt it happens. I was hoping you guys would get a better pick than where you wound up. I think it's kind of dumb how tankers are rewarded and competitors like the Nuggets get the shaft.

Yep. It's been pretty brutal. I can't really blame Griffin for anything though, because the Warriors pretty much cancelled any chance they had. I thought Ferry did well until he screwed up the Stoudemire deal. That was pretty unforgiveable.

I saw a mock draft today that had Cleveland getting Trae Young with the 8th pick. That would be pretty sweet at least. Doubt it happens. I was hoping you guys would get a better pick than where you wound up. I think it's kind of dumb how tankers are rewarded and competitors like the Nuggets get the shaft.
    It'll be interesting to see if the Cavs selection influences Lebron to stay or not. I think it still depends on how the rest of the playoffs pan out. It won't happen but if the C's somehow stunned the Cavs with a sweep Lebron may think they are far more than 1 rookie away from contending again.

As for the lotto draft I don't have a problem with it. If you think about it NFL and MLB don't even entertain the thought of allowing a competitive team anywhere near the top pick without trading up. It's automatically you suck you get number 1. And so on.

So while it rarely ever happens there is still a slight chance that a 46 win Nuggets team could wind up in the top spot. I get why the NBA does it to not automatically award tankers. And it's basically a tank at your own risk. And MLB and NFL can't have franchises completely transformed over 1 additional player the way NBA can. But still. If the NBA draft was setup like the other sports we wouldn't' even be discussing where the Nuggets could've ended up.

Well, we still have the Buckeyes & Broncos lol

Lebron is headed out, and the Indians shot was two years ago... Yankees and Red Sox are back at the top.... Sigh.... That's why I might like music a little better than sports. No letdown when I listen to Vulgar Display Of Power.

[QUOTE=ELWAY421;5706824]Well, we still have the Buckeyes & Broncos lol

Lebron is headed out, and the Indians shot was two years ago... Yankees and Red Sox are back at the top.... Sigh.... That's why I might like music a little better than sports. No letdown when I listen to Vulgar Display Of Power.[/QUOTE]

I was talking to a buddy about this last year. That I wish I invested far more time and money into concerts. They bring you far more happiness and never leave you massively letdown or angry. I mean sure a favorite band can put out a disappointing album. But it's not the kind of letdown you get when losing on a stupid curse his name Rahim Moore fail mary attempt.

I really gotta get into concert going more often.

I wonder what would happen if the NBA adopted the Bundesliga Soccer League rule of you keep tanking and don't get better, you're out for a few years. Stop rewarding bad organizations with top picks, only to ruin them. You can't get it together, go away and figure your structure out.

Quote Originally Posted by Bronco51 View Post
    I wonder what would happen if the NBA adopted the Bundesliga Soccer League rule of you keep tanking and don't get better, you're out for a few years. Stop rewarding bad organizations with top picks, only to ruin them. You can't get it together, go away and figure your structure out.
    Right now it's basically, if you can't beat 'em, join 'em. I remember all those years Phoenix just missed the playoffs, and here they are. Blood makes a good point that it's better than most leagues, but there has to be a better way. I know the NBA has been looking into penalizing tankers, and maybe what you're talking about is the best way to go. Some teams camouflage it well, but other teams it's painfully obvious.