Page 127 of 127 FirstFirst ... 27 77 117 125 126 127
Results 1,891 to 1,900 of 1900

Thread: NBA Thread

Quote Originally Posted by beastlyskronk View Post
    Murray has a lot of untapped potential so it's way too risky to trade him IMO. And we would never get fair value for Gary Harris. Harris is the most underrated guard there is, getting fair value for a guard that shot 42% from 3 and 56% from 2 last season will be impossible because he isn't just a spot up shooter. Not to mention he's improved every season in the NBA.

Irving would cost too much from us, Bledsoe is a more realistic option and he's a better defender. The health is a concern but Murray is being groomed to play PG and Barton has brought the ball up the court as well. That's assuming Mudiay is who we'd trade for him.
    I don't mind moving Murray, IMO his ceiling isn't much or isn't at all what Kyrie is now. If you move Harris you lose a very good two guard, but one you were going to end up paying 20m a year next year. I can justify giving up 1 but not both, which is what the Cavs will ask for IMO. IMO Kyrie is better than both Murray and Harris. If the Cavs would take a package of say Murray, Barton, Juancho, and 2 1sts. That's a deal Id be willing to do. Then again, I don't think that's enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Spice 1 View Post
    Plus the Nuggs are still pretty young yet, barring Millsap. It's like what I was talking to Atwater about w/the Jazz. No sense in being in a big hurry to lose to the Warriors.
    You're not wrong, but Harris and Jokic will soon be due big deals. They will likely be in the luxury tax in 2018. They are running into that point where, the core is developing, but money is going to cost prohibitive for them. Basically, right now they are in a battle to become a playoff team, do you all in now to be say a 4-5 seed this year, and hope that your team develops enough next year to be a legit contender? Or do you stand pat, end up in the luxury tax regardless, and hope what you have is good enough? It's tricky to say, but if I get a chance to add Kyrie right now without giving up both Harris or Murray, I would say do it.

Quote Originally Posted by the0rangecrush View Post
    I don't mind moving Murray, IMO his ceiling isn't much or isn't at all what Kyrie is now. If you move Harris you lose a very good two guard, but one you were going to end up paying 20m a year next year. I can justify giving up 1 but not both, which is what the Cavs will ask for IMO. IMO Kyrie is better than both Murray and Harris. If the Cavs would take a package of say Murray, Barton, Juancho, and 2 1sts. That's a deal Id be willing to do. Then again, I don't think that's enough.
    Idk I'm just not that high on Irving. He's a terrific offensive player but he's almost equally as bad on defense at times. And it isn't that he can't play defense, it's just that for whatever reason he doesn't either try or know the assignments/responsibilities.

That's why I'd rather have Bledsoe. He's as good as almost anybody but he will never get that max deal. He'd give us a better defensive player at PG and he's still a great scorer. He quietly had a great year last season. He'd be cheaper to acquire than Irving and we wouldn't have to risk our future for him as Irving probably wouldn't resign here anyway. And Bledsoe would pretty much guarantee a spot in the playoffs, I still think we're on the fence right now. We'd probably get to keep the core of our team together and continue to watch Murray develop and at Bledsoe's age we could let him walk and have Murray or even potentially Mudiay ready to step in and play well.

Plus with Jokic really being the cornerstone we don't have a need for a ball dominant guard like Irving. Wed be better off getting a slashing PG. Not saying Irving can't but he will want to Iso a lot. Nothing wrong with that but again I don't think it's worth our future

You're not wrong, but Harris and Jokic will soon be due big deals. They will likely be in the luxury tax in 2018. They are running into that point where, the core is developing, but money is going to cost prohibitive for them. Basically, right now they are in a battle to become a playoff team, do you all in now to be say a 4-5 seed this year, and hope that your team develops enough next year to be a legit contender? Or do you stand pat, end up in the luxury tax regardless, and hope what you have is good enough? It's tricky to say, but if I get a chance to add Kyrie right now without giving up both Harris or Murray, I would say do it.
    One good thing though, Jokic and Harris will probably never get max deals. Great players but just not a big enough market to get those votes over some of those bigger names. And with Faried and Chandler coming off the books soon were still in a good position financially even after resigning them

One good thing though, Jokic and Harris will probably never get max deals. Great players but just not a big enough market to get those votes over some of those bigger names. And with Faried and Chandler coming off the books soon were still in a good position financially even after resigning them
    Agreed on Harris, but Jokic will warrant a max at some point. Perhaps even eligible for a supermax.

Idk I'm just not that high on Irving. He's a terrific offensive player but he's almost equally as bad on defense at times. And it isn't that he can't play defense, it's just that for whatever reason he doesn't either try or know the assignments/responsibilities.

That's why I'd rather have Bledsoe. He's as good as almost anybody but he will never get that max deal. He'd give us a better defensive player at PG and he's still a great scorer. He quietly had a great year last season. He'd be cheaper to acquire than Irving and we wouldn't have to risk our future for him as Irving probably wouldn't resign here anyway. And Bledsoe would pretty much guarantee a spot in the playoffs, I still think we're on the fence right now. We'd probably get to keep the core of our team together and continue to watch Murray develop and at Bledsoe's age we could let him walk and have Murray or even potentially Mudiay ready to step in and play well.

Plus with Jokic really being the cornerstone we don't have a need for a ball dominant guard like Irving. Wed be better off getting a slashing PG. Not saying Irving can't but he will want to Iso a lot. Nothing wrong with that but again I don't think it's worth our future
    I'm a big fan of Bledsoe as well. If we could land him I'd be just as ecstatic as Kyrie. I'm not going to sit here and tell you Irving is without issues, but he is the superior player IMO. There would be growing pains here no doubt, but if they mesh it can be special. Like it or not, in the NBA you need a superstar to compete, refs treat them differently, and just the perception of the team changes. A superstar doesn't mean you'll be good, but you need one. Fact is, Denver doesn't have One, they have a potential one in Jokic, but they don't have that guy. Kyrie is that guy, and fair or not Bledsoe isn't one of those guys.

I'm a big fan of Bledsoe as well. If we could land him I'd be just as ecstatic as Kyrie. I'm not going to sit here and tell you Irving is without issues, but he is the superior player IMO. There would be growing pains here no doubt, but if they mesh it can be special. Like it or not, in the NBA you need a superstar to compete, refs treat them differently, and just the perception of the team changes. A superstar doesn't mean you'll be good, but you need one. Fact is, Denver doesn't have One, they have a potential one in Jokic, but they don't have that guy. Kyrie is that guy, and fair or not Bledsoe isn't one of those guys.
    Oh I absolutely agree we need a superstar even though I think Jokic solidifies himself as one this year. I just don't think Irving is the superstar we need. I don't think he could get us over the top in the playoffs before he leaves to sign to the Spurs or wherever he wants to go

Gallinari punches a guy during euro play and hurt his thumb. Sounds about right

Cavs dealt Kyrie to Boston for Isiah Thomas.

Probably the best possible deal the Cavs could pull out of this. Should keep the Cavs at the top of the East. If that was even in question anyway.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/2...-isaiah-thomas

Quote Originally Posted by DenverBlood View Post
    Cavs dealt Kyrie to Boston for Isiah Thomas.

Probably the best possible deal the Cavs could pull out of this. Should keep the Cavs at the top of the East. If that was even in question anyway.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/2...-isaiah-thomas
    Good enough deal for both teams, IMO. Boston didn't want to pay Isaiah anyway, idt. Cleveland basically does the same thing they did last year game plan wise. Kyrie gets his wish to lead a franchise. Glad CLE managed to weasel a pick out of the deal, too. I agree with DBlood, I still think CLE is the best team in the east. We'll see though come playoff time. Ainge had to know he had the goods after the Phoenix deal never materialized. An Isaiah and Crowder deal was always on the radar.