Page 131 of 150 FirstFirst ... 31 81 121 129 130 131 132 133 141 ... LastLast
Results 1,951 to 1,965 of 2246

Thread: NBA Thread

I'm pulling for my Bulls guy. Fastest player/rookie to 100 3 pointers made
    Rod Smith for the HOF. TEBOW RULES!

If Toronto, and Cleveland meet in the playoffs it should be a great series after what I saw tonight. Still not quite sure what to make of the Cavs but 23 is playing out of his mind in his 15th season.....

The Raptors have no shot!
    Jesus Loves You, even if you don't love Him.
    Woooo!! Wooooo!!! Wooooooo!!!! Wooooooooooooooooo!!!!!
    negs are for cowards. I won't back down.

Quote Originally Posted by ELWAY421 View Post
    If Toronto, and Cleveland meet in the playoffs it should be a great series after what I saw tonight. Still not quite sure what to make of the Cavs but 23 is playing out of his mind in his 15th season.....
    I'm not really sure why that surprises anyone when he is still only 33. Everyone is putting more emphasis on the years in the league rather than his actual age. He should easily still have 3-5 more high quality years in him. And he no longer has someone he can count on to shoulder the load with Kyrie gone. So he has to carry the team again.

But as usual the finals will be the Cavs and whoever comes out of the West. We've seen this drama several times before with Lebron where people wonder "what's wrong with the team?". Both in Cleveland and Miami. And then when it comes crunch time and Lebron bares down no one else in the East can compete with him. We can pretend all we want but it's going to be the Cavs.

I don't think they have the fire power to compete with the Warriors in 7 still but they can wipe out the East. I'm curious about Houston because it should be a nightmare for the Cavs to guard their offense. But I don't really trust Houston until they prove it when it matters.

Quote Originally Posted by DenverBlood View Post
    I'm not really sure why that surprises anyone when he is still only 33. Everyone is putting more emphasis on the years in the league rather than his actual age. He should easily still have 3-5 more high quality years in him. And he no longer has someone he can count on to shoulder the load with Kyrie gone. So he has to carry the team again.

But as usual the finals will be the Cavs and whoever comes out of the West. We've seen this drama several times before with Lebron where people wonder "what's wrong with the team?". Both in Cleveland and Miami. And then when it comes crunch time and Lebron bares down no one else in the East can compete with him. We can pretend all we want but it's going to be the Cavs.

I don't think they have the fire power to compete with the Warriors in 7 still but they can wipe out the East. I'm curious about Houston because it should be a nightmare for the Cavs to guard their offense. But I don't really trust Houston until they prove it when it matters.
    Thing is, LeBron doesn't like to practice, and hates playing in back to backs. You can tell watching the Cavs play defense that they don't work on it enough in practice. On the flip side, he stays fresh that way. LeBron has this philosophy now that training camp is where he gets all that work in. I don't like it. I get why he does it, but when I watch them play defense sometimes it's laughable to think they have a shot at a team like GS. LBJ is part of why the team defense sucks, because of his free lancing. Bad defense is as contagious as good defense. All that said, he just had a 17 assist game with no turnovers last night. Most in league history. So, it's hard for fans like me, or anyone for that matter, to call him out for some bad off the ball defense. He does need to take himself to task for it, though.

Not having Kyrie's instant offense anymore sucks, but LeBron can still carry a team if the other players finish. I've never thought of Kyrie as that guy. In spurts, yes, if he's scoring efficiently. I called it as soon as he got traded though. His usage % last year was crazy. Now you've got a guy with weak knees having to do it alone. I would've been surprised if he didn't have knee problems this year.

Nuggets are helping themselves and Utah with the big win over Portland.

Jazz clinched last night and could hold tight to the 3 seed with just 2 games remaining.

Well I guess the path to Warriors vs Cavaliers is slightly more interesting, but thatís what is going to happen.

I don't know. The Sixers look mighty dangerous right now. And as long as they survive the first round they'll get Embid back. The main question is if the super talented young core can handle playoff pressure.

Didnít expect the Pacers to completely dominate the Cavs in game 1.

Quote Originally Posted by DenverBlood View Post
    Didnít expect the Pacers to completely dominate the Cavs in game 1.
    Lost that game in the first quarter. It's pretty typical of this team. That and LeBron missing a free throw at the end of the 6ers game is the entire reason they not only have to play Indiana, but would have to play Toronto in the second round. Pretty dumb.

If I were trying to find a solution, I'd say it's probably a good idea to stop with the small ball stuff. I don't think they can get away with LeBron at 4 against this team. Nance or Thompson should be starting with LeBron at 3. Jeff Green needs to get his minutes cut dramatically, and Calderon should be starting. I'm just about done with George Hill, who's strength should be his defense. He's undersized to guard a 2 guard, and they don't need him to guard Collison. I don't think Calderon should have THAT big of a problem with Collison. Calderon is clearly the better offensive player. I would barely have Green in the rotation. He'd be getting like 10 minutes. It would look something like:

Nance or Thompson
    Love
    LBJ
    Smith or Hood
    Calderon

You could start Korver with this lineup, and cross match him with Bogdanovic also. LeBron checks Oladipo. That might be the best way to go, because you don't need JR or Hood creating when you can run pick and roll/pop with LeBron and Nance/Love. All Korver has to do is spot up. Calderon is also a good pick and roll player, so you have diversity. This stuff right now is stupid. 8 man rotation and 44 minutes for LeBron. They were trying to get back into the game, but it's not exactly a huge shocker they got blasted out with that lineup either.

But, oh well. Doesn't matter how the starting lineup looks if they crap their pants. The Thompson/Kardashian thing...please God make it stop.

Quote Originally Posted by Spice 1 View Post
    Lost that game in the first quarter. It's pretty typical of this team. That and LeBron missing a free throw at the end of the 6ers game is the entire reason they not only have to play Indiana, but would have to play Toronto in the second round. Pretty dumb.

If I were trying to find a solution, I'd say it's probably a good idea to stop with the small ball stuff. I don't think they can get away with LeBron at 4 against this team. Nance or Thompson should be starting with LeBron at 3. Jeff Green needs to get his minutes cut dramatically, and Calderon should be starting. I'm just about done with George Hill, who's strength should be his defense. He's undersized to guard a 2 guard, and they don't need him to guard Collison. I don't think Calderon should have THAT big of a problem with Collison. Calderon is clearly the better offensive player. I would barely have Green in the rotation. He'd be getting like 10 minutes. It would look something like:

Nance or Thompson
    Love
    LBJ
    Smith or Hood
    Calderon

You could start Korver with this lineup, and cross match him with Bogdanovic also. LeBron checks Oladipo. That might be the best way to go, because you don't need JR or Hood creating when you can run pick and roll/pop with LeBron and Nance/Love. All Korver has to do is spot up. Calderon is also a good pick and roll player, so you have diversity. This stuff right now is stupid. 8 man rotation and 44 minutes for LeBron. They were trying to get back into the game, but it's not exactly a huge shocker they got blasted out with that lineup either.

But, oh well. Doesn't matter how the starting lineup looks if they crap their pants. The Thompson/Kardashian thing...please God make it stop.
    Ty Lue isn't a good coach. I'd rather have Blatt.... But, the Cavs aren't winning it all anyway so I guess it don't matter what round they lose in. I'm just wondering if Lebron is gone again

Quote Originally Posted by ELWAY421 View Post
    Ty Lue isn't a good coach. I'd rather have Blatt.... But, the Cavs aren't winning it all anyway so I guess it don't matter what round they lose in. I'm just wondering if Lebron is gone again
    Somebody on the team said something about the playoffs determining whether LeBron would leave or not. Can't remember who, and I don't care enough to find the article. lol. Yeah, it aggravates me how some teams get these great coaches. They're littered all over the league, and we end up with Blatt and Lue. I'm not even asking for Popovich or Stevens. Just give me a Stotts or Gentry. Hell, I'd even be happy with a guy like Clifford, who just got fired. lmao.

You're right on about Cleveland not winning. I still don't see anyone beating GS. I've seen the Mike D'Antoni and James Harden playoff show before. It's like your wife watching Hallmark all day. Different supporting actors, and different plot points, but you know how it's going to end.

Well, after game one, Iím willing to entertain the possibility that the Cavaliers wonít make the finals.

Maybe they can make an emergency switch of moving the Rockets to the Eastern Conference to make the NBA Finals more interesting. 😁🙈

Quote Originally Posted by broncolee View Post
    Well, after game one, Iím willing to entertain the possibility that the Cavaliers wonít make the finals.

Maybe they can make an emergency switch of moving the Rockets to the Eastern Conference to make the NBA Finals more interesting. 😁🙈
    For some reason I can see the Thunder making some noise out west. Minnesota could've easily, and should've beat Houston game 1.

Dwayne Wade goes back in time last night. The Warriors should sweep the Spurs, and should be on their way to their 3rd title in 4 years. I still think the Cavs could've taken that first if Love, and Kyrie we healthy.

From what I've seen thus far, which is obviously very little, I'm going Toronto vs Golden St in the final.