Page 125 of 125 FirstFirst ... 25 75 115 123 124 125
Results 1,861 to 1,872 of 1872

Thread: NBA Thread

  1. #1861
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    the gulf of mexico
    Posts
    12,753
    I'm not sure about the NHL but I know the NBA and MLB are very player friendly leagues in terms of their CBA. NBA players are getting I think 50% of the revenue while NFL players only get 46%. I know there were some complaints within the NFL when Curry got his new deal but the NFL is only behind because that's what the players negotiated and even then it's only a 4% difference. But the roster sizes and coaching/front office sizes/salaries are why there will always be sizeable differences.

  2. #1862
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    7,902
    Kyrie now wants out of Cleveland. Bandwagon Cavs fans will be nowhere to be found after LeBron leaves next summer too.

  3. #1863
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    6,995
    Come to the Knicks, Kyrie. Not to sell tickets, The Mecca will always be packed but just so Lebron can get Melo. I want to see what that pairing will do.

    Screw James Dolan.

  4. #1864
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Antioch, IL
    Posts
    25,486
    Kyrie isn't going anywhere, not unless they get a HUGE CAN'T MISS offer
    Rod Smith for the HOF. TEBOW RULES!

  5. #1865
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    the gulf of mexico
    Posts
    12,753
    If Kyrie does get traded, do you think the NBA will revisit the playoff seeding? The east is so weak and is continuing to get weaker, I don't see how they can keep letting these sorry teams in.

    Also how come I'm seeing articles say he wants to be the focal point of the franchise and then say the Spurs are his top choice? Sounds like he's just trying to get out before LeBron leaves for LA.

  6. #1866
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    5,484
    Quote Originally Posted by beastlyskronk View Post
    If Kyrie does get traded, do you think the NBA will revisit the playoff seeding? The east is so weak and is continuing to get weaker, I don't see how they can keep letting these sorry teams in.

    Also how come I'm seeing articles say he wants to be the focal point of the franchise and then say the Spurs are his top choice? Sounds like he's just trying to get out before LeBron leaves for LA.
    Yeah, kind of hard to believe Kyrie thinks he's being stifled by LeBron when he had a higher usage percentage last year. Then again, we are talking about a guy who thinks the world is flat.

  7. #1867
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    12,542
    Quote Originally Posted by beastlyskronk View Post
    If Kyrie does get traded, do you think the NBA will revisit the playoff seeding? The east is so weak and is continuing to get weaker, I don't see how they can keep letting these sorry teams in.

    Also how come I'm seeing articles say he wants to be the focal point of the franchise and then say the Spurs are his top choice? Sounds like he's just trying to get out before LeBron leaves for LA.
    I'm sure Lebron not signing long term is a big factor. However, no matter what Kyrie did in Cleveland he was always 2nd fiddle to LeBron. For example, Lebrons block on Iguadala gets the hype, but Kyrie draining a dagger 3 in the reigning MVPs face to ice the game should also be a huge story. Ego wise I'm sure it hurts, and I'm sure it hurts endorsements too.

  8. #1868
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    5,484
    Quote Originally Posted by the0rangecrush View Post
    I'm sure Lebron not signing long term is a big factor. However, no matter what Kyrie did in Cleveland he was always 2nd fiddle to LeBron. For example, Lebrons block on Iguadala gets the hype, but Kyrie draining a dagger 3 in the reigning MVPs face to ice the game should also be a huge story. Ego wise I'm sure it hurts, and I'm sure it hurts endorsements too.
    That's cool though. He'll get to play first fiddle in his living room while he's watching LeBron in the playoffs.

  9. #1869
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Buckeye Nation
    Posts
    7,817
    Quote Originally Posted by Bronco51 View Post
    Kyrie now wants out of Cleveland. Bandwagon Cavs fans will be nowhere to be found after LeBron leaves next summer too.
    There are bandwagon Cavs fans? Lol


    Quote Originally Posted by Spice 1 View Post
    That's cool though. He'll get to play first fiddle in his living room while he's watching LeBron in the playoffs.
    Agreed, I like Kyrie, but this should be about the best deal the Cavs can get for him, and not where he wants to play. He's under contract for two more years. In reality the Cavs have the leverage, and hopefully they don't pull a Pacers and give him away for nothing. One thing is for sure, he's getting traded, at least imo.

  10. #1870
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    5,484
    Quote Originally Posted by ELWAY421 View Post
    There are bandwagon Cavs fans? Lol




    Agreed, I like Kyrie, but this should be about the best deal the Cavs can get for him, and not where he wants to play. He's under contract for two more years. In reality the Cavs have the leverage, and hopefully they don't pull a Pacers and give him away for nothing. One thing is for sure, he's getting traded, at least imo.
    If I'm GM of the Cleveland Cavaliers or Denver Nuggets, from now on I'm keeping an air horn next to the phone with duct tape on it that's labelled, "Indiana Pacers GM and telemarketers only".

  11. #1871
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    12,542
    Quote Originally Posted by Spice 1 View Post
    That's cool though. He'll get to play first fiddle in his living room while he's watching LeBron in the playoffs.
    Depends what team he goes to

  12. #1872
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    5,484
    Quote Originally Posted by the0rangecrush View Post
    Depends what team he goes to
    That would be Boston, Toronto, Golden State, or San Antonio. Raptors would have to give up at least Lowry or Ibaka. Celtics would have to give up Thomas and somebody else. Probably Crowder or Morris. The Spurs would have to give up a combination of Parker and Patty Mills or somebody else. The problem with the Spurs trade, is the amount of money Cleveland would be over the cap would be ridiculous. Highly doubt that would happen since they could potentially get Thomas or Lowry. I'm not even going to talk about GS.

    I'm still not sold Lowry or Thomas, LeBron, and Love wouldn't stomp the life out of Boston or Toronto if that happened.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •