Page 163 of 166 FirstFirst ... 63 113 153 161 162 163 164 165 ... LastLast
Results 2,431 to 2,445 of 2480

Thread: NBA Thread

Quote Originally Posted by atwaterandstir View Post
    I agree, the NBA has really turned the corner with Adam Silver leading the league. Basketball (for me) is fun to watch again......for a long time it was pretty rough.

This particular move is a good one for Utah as long as they can address the outside shooting as well. With Rubio, Crowder and Korver now gone that is a lot of outside shots that need to go up. Hopefully the new guys can be more consistent though. Crowder was a fan favorite but was the definition of a roller coaster shooter. So many ups and downs....his tenacity will definitely be missed.
    I agree.....The NBA is in good hands, and a lot of what I hear and read, is that other leagues should pay attention. And from a strictly selfish perspective, The NBA and Canada have never been more aligned! A world championship! A ton of great young Canadian players, with many more being drafted tonight. A future here with even more basketball to come. Girls and boys around this country have never been so engaged with the game.

And if I can throw this down....why not, a canuck invented basketball!

Pelicans adding draft picks. Their trade with Atlanta gives them #1, #8 and #17, plus #35 in this draft. Crazy amount of draft capital!!!!

So what's the consensus gang? I mean, The Pelicans pretty much drafted a whole new team!!! Wow! Give 'em a couple of years. But they don't have to wait long to fall for their new star - Zion!

Proud to say that 4 Canadians went in round one, and 6 altogether. RJ Barrett is a big hit in NYC already, and I expect his career will flourish there.

Now it's time to figure out Free Agency, and what will become of some of the league's very best players.

The Lakers should seriously consider signing Butler. He's a fit, and defends. He's willing to take slightly less than a max deal. The fact that it's being reported as "slightly less" means he wants to be there, and wants to build a team. Hell, we already knew he wanted to be there, because of the purple and gold kicks. I know how the team is going to be constructed with another max type player, and the cupboard is pretty bare. They might need more than the Kyle Korvers and JR Smiths of the world supporting the star players. Sooner or later you need those guys. If they can leave room to bring in another dynamic player with Butler, he doesn't have to be a world beater, just a live body (no offense to JR), that'd be ideal. I'm not hung up on bringing in a point guard, because of LeBron's skill set. Butler can also handle the ball. That's the beauty of it.

I say go for it. We know Kyrie works with LeBron, but there's so much that still doesn't work with Kyrie. Russell would be nice, but would you rather have Russell or Butler? Especially if you can seal the deal with Butler now. Kawhi is ridiculous, I don't think he should go to the Lakers, and I don't think he really wants to. I hope not anyway. You screw the Rockets on top of that. Go get Jimmy Butler.

Quote Originally Posted by Spice 1 View Post
    The Lakers should seriously consider signing Butler. He's a fit, and defends. He's willing to take slightly less than a max deal. The fact that it's being reported as "slightly less" means he wants to be there, and wants to build a team. Hell, we already knew he wanted to be there, because of the purple and gold kicks. I know how the team is going to be constructed with another max type player, and the cupboard is pretty bare. They might need more than the Kyle Korvers and JR Smiths of the world supporting the star players. Sooner or later you need those guys. If they can leave room to bring in another dynamic player with Butler, he doesn't have to be a world beater, just a live body (no offense to JR), that'd be ideal. I'm not hung up on bringing in a point guard, because of LeBron's skill set. Butler can also handle the ball. That's the beauty of it.

I say go for it. We know Kyrie works with LeBron, but there's so much that still doesn't work with Kyrie. Russell would be nice, but would you rather have Russell or Butler? Especially if you can seal the deal with Butler now. Kawhi is ridiculous, I don't think he should go to the Lakers, and I don't think he really wants to. I hope not anyway. You screw the Rockets on top of that. Go get Jimmy Butler.
    Yes....do this and please stay away from Kawhi. The Clippers are enough competition already!!

Well it looks like Durant, Kyrie and DeAndre are coming to Brooklyn.

As a New Yorker, I'm loving this. I may finally get to see some consistently good basketball in the city.

As a Knicks fan, I hope that people stop going to Madison Square Garden just because it's the Garden and make their way to Brooklyn. Send James Dolan a message and stop selling out the darn place until he gives the fan base a winner!

Still a Knicks fan forever...even though the Nets are more my color scheme.

Quote Originally Posted by DevilSpawn View Post

As a New Yorker, I'm loving this. I may finally get to see some consistently good basketball in the city.

As a Knicks fan, I hope that people stop going to Madison Square Garden just because it's the Garden and make their way to Brooklyn. Send James Dolan a message and stop selling out the darn place until he gives the fan base a winner!

Busy day!!! Kemba off to Boston as well. Lots of stars falling in place. And wow, are you insulted if you only get $30M per season??!! Heck, how do those guys making only $15-20M per year pay their bills??

But how does KD's new contract work? Does he get $164M over 4 seasons, but only play 3? That would be like $41M just for rehab....
    Last edited by CanDB; 06-30-2019 at 05:38 PM.

LOL @ James Dolan. 2 weeks ago he though he would wind up with Zion, KD, and Kyrie. Now he has who..........Julius Randle? Couldnít have happened to a better guy. Charles Oakley is laughing through the streets of Manhattan right now. Love Al Horford to the Sixers. Was hoping the Nuggets would make a play for JJ Reddick. Interesting free agency period so far.

Quote Originally Posted by DevilSpawn View Post

I don't think you guys deserve the way this last month has gone down. It doesn't make it any better that the Knicks were super obvious about tanking last season. I would've liked to see these guys go to the Knicks instead of the Nets. NY just feels like one of those NBA teams that should have a good team. I dunno. Maybe it's just nostalgia for that Sprewell, LJ, Ewing team of the late 90's.

I'm not sold anyway. Kyrie has to carry them next year, and nobody in the NBA has ever come back to full strength after an Achilles. When I think about what Durant had in Oklahoma, I'm just like...how are these guys better? And the Celtics got Kemba? We'll see in a couple years, I guess.

Crazy day in The NBA! Did not see all this coming so soon.

I shouldn't repeat a question, but I am interested about KD's contract. Are they paying him $41M to sit the year, or are we really saying he is so valuable that his rehab year is worth something, but they are happy to pay him $164M over 3 playing seasons? Not bad pay if you can get it! Then again, I believe GS was all in on offering him max, and even letting him out of it down the road.

Which makes me reconsider the risk he took in the finals, because apparently a guy with a blown achilles is so valuable that teams were going to line up no matter what shape he was in. And so much for the slow advancement of medicine. A return to action after such an injury was almost unlikely not that long ago.

So this is it for LA. Either you get Kawhi, or you build the team with actual skill. Since I have absolutely zero faith in the latter, they might want to go all in on the former. Leonard reportedly wants the Lakers to hire his doctors. If that's what it takes then, I guess that's what you do. Sucks for the presiding training staff, but I don't have a lot of sympathy to offer there. They should've gone straight after Butler instead of letting Pat Riley jump in there with his snake oil hair tonic. Also, pretty obvious that GS was going to block Russell on a sign and trade for Planet Fitness. Whoops. I guess Russell wasn't actually at the top of your list, because he was never on it.

Not really too interested in all the high profile name shakeup nonsense as I donít think any of these teams have done enough to firmly put themselves above the other teams. Obviously Kawhi can flip that with his decision and I hope he doesnít go all LBJ on us and make everyone wait just to break Torontoís hearts.

But I do want to say that Enes Kanter really irks me. He says all the right things when heís with a team aside from the Knicks benching him and then he whined about it for a bit but still portrayed himself as a victim like he always does. But once he leaves he airs out their dirty laundry. He signed with the Celtics and then posted a tweet saying the Trailblazers gave him 6 minutes to decide (likely due to the Whiteside trade being on the table) and because he canít talk to his family directly that wasnít enough time for him to decide. But Kanter knew when he signed there he would be a FA at the end of the year and he could only get a MLE contract from them in the offseason. So he really had however many months he was with Portland to decide if he wanted to be there.

Good for Enes Kanter on sticking up for what he believes in and fighting the current power in his home country, but just because youíre a victim in that situation doesnít mean you have to be a victim in every situation. Shouldíve just signed with Boston and not said anything at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Spice 1 View Post
    So this is it for LA. Either you get Kawhi, or you build the team with actual skill. Since I have absolutely zero faith in the latter, they might want to go all in on the former. Leonard reportedly wants the Lakers to hire his doctors. If that's what it takes then, I guess that's what you do. Sucks for the presiding training staff, but I don't have a lot of sympathy to offer there. They should've gone straight after Butler instead of letting Pat Riley jump in there with his snake oil hair tonic. Also, pretty obvious that GS was going to block Russell on a sign and trade for Planet Fitness. Whoops. I guess Russell wasn't actually at the top of your list, because he was never on it.
    Pal....you know which way my Canadian wishes go regarding Kawhi. And regardless of my wants and wishes, I think the case for Toronto is pretty strong. They managed him with perfection, and he and his mates won it all! Hard to ignore. But he may not stay. He has choices, and they are really good choices. I hope his choice does not come down to whether or not The Lakers hire his doctors, because that sounds like it's almost done.

But I will say this, that he has come from an organization that he has gained trust in, who allowed him to sit for as long as he needed, and whose GM is not going anywhere. Whereas The Lakers and magic and all that stuff, may not be the most "together" group these days. In that regard, The Clippers seemed like our bigger competition.....good team, with a good coach, and yes, local.

But I am not going to sleep well till this is done, nor will most Raptors fans. it was an amazing journey, and I am quite sure few experts predicted the outcome. But as I say, in Toronto's defense, they made the most of what they controlled, and it ended in total success.

As for yesterday, I could not have predicted what took place in The NBA!!

Quote Originally Posted by beastlyskronk View Post
    Not really too interested in all the high profile name shakeup nonsense as I don’t think any of these teams have done enough to firmly put themselves above the other teams. Obviously Kawhi can flip that with his decision and I hope he doesn’t go all LBJ on us and make everyone wait just to break Toronto’s hearts.

But I do want to say that Enes Kanter really irks me. He says all the right things when he’s with a team aside from the Knicks benching him and then he whined about it for a bit but still portrayed himself as a victim like he always does. But once he leaves he airs out their dirty laundry. He signed with the Celtics and then posted a tweet saying the Trailblazers gave him 6 minutes to decide (likely due to the Whiteside trade being on the table) and because he can’t talk to his family directly that wasn’t enough time for him to decide. But Kanter knew when he signed there he would be a FA at the end of the year and he could only get a MLE contract from them in the offseason. So he really had however many months he was with Portland to decide if he wanted to be there.

Good for Enes Kanter on sticking up for what he believes in and fighting the current power in his home country, but just because you’re a victim in that situation doesn’t mean you have to be a victim in every situation. Should’ve just signed with Boston and not said anything at all.
    Thx for that Beast!!

So, Twitter is all ablaze with Kawhi is a Laker. Canít wait to hear if this is true.