Page 155 of 166 FirstFirst ... 55 105 145 153 154 155 156 157 165 ... LastLast
Results 2,311 to 2,325 of 2480

Thread: NBA Thread

Quote Originally Posted by broncolee View Post
    Go Bucks!!!!
    That's what I will say if The Bucks win this series. I'll be a Greek Freak fan.

I am not a GS fan. But I appreciated the way they have played together....until Durant showed up. He left Oklahoma City high and dry for a super talented team, who did not need him. But he gets the rings and the accolades and the contract....so life is good for KD. But watching GS without him reminds me of how good they can be, without him. I like them better that way. I really hope he leaves for new pastures.

So gang, where will he be next season? New York? LA? Still in GS? Hey, if he wants to consider Toronto, I might be ok with it.....
    Last edited by CanDB; 05-23-2019 at 04:49 PM.

Hey, congrats Can, Toronto fans. Good luck in the Finals. Go Canada.

Quote Originally Posted by Spice 1 View Post
    Hey, congrats Can, Toronto fans. Good luck in the Finals. Go Canada.
    Thx pal! Quite a comeback! You may completely understand, but this team (and one player in particular) have captured the love of an entire nation....similar to what happens when The Jays get hot (which might not happen again for years...fire the management please!). When you only have one major league team in a country, it sure unifies folks!

I realize that some are down on Kawhi, but most of us here only know the good side of that trade. It was a huuuuge risk by the GM, to trade a fan fav for a potential 1 year contract, to a guy who hardly played last season. Clearly it has paid off....so far. What he has done this year is amazing! He is hurting. But he plays O and D better than any NBA player I've seen lately.

In credit to the rest of the team....they have played well even when he was benched as part of this trendy "load management" process. They actually beat GS on the road, without him. They beat GS both times this season. BUT....I am very cautious about my opinion about this series. I hope they play as good as they can. That's all we can hope for. I hope they do themselves justice.
    Last edited by CanDB; 05-26-2019 at 10:42 AM.

I guess its back to rooting for the Warriors.

Go 🇺🇸!!!!
    Negs are Cowardly Acts of Nonsense. I wont Back Down.
    No Matter How Stupid Your Comments Are!
    Still Not Backing Down!!!

Happy for you Can- I know how I felt when the Jazz made it. I'm hoping for a great series and would love to see Tor get it done.

Quote Originally Posted by atwaterandstir View Post
    Happy for you Can- I know how I felt when the Jazz made it. I'm hoping for a great series and would love to see Tor get it done.
    Thx pal!! All season I've been hoping for someone to knock off GS, and now it comes down to the "home team" having to do it. Not an easy feat. Depending on KD's injury, Curry is still Curry, and his supporting cast is still highly productive! Not to mention, Klay is very, very ticked over a certain all-star situation!!

But to be honest, even though I thought The Bucks could take GS, they did not impress me as the series wore on. Yes, The Greek Freak will probably be MVP, and he will continue to grow as a super star in the sport. But they fell short of being the better team, and who could have seen a 4 game streak in the cards??!!

Again, hoping The Raptors make it a good series. Thankfully Kawhi gets 5 days rest, at home. If he's healthy, they have a chance.

To all my Canadian friends..... You the North!!! Go Raptors!!!!

This city is insane.

I live downtown Toronto.. holy moly. it's ridiculous

city is so electrified..

Quote Originally Posted by ELWAY421 View Post
    It's wild... getting home is an adventure. really good for Basketball in Canada.

Quote Originally Posted by ELWAY421 View Post
    Thx bud! Both my kids live there and they are loving it!

Interestingly, BB is starting to catch up a little on hockey, as a Canadian sport. The Raptors are helping big time of course. But there are loads of young canucks who are making their mark in the game, and I suspect that the trend will only rise, given what we are witnessing. Players like Tristin Thompson, Anthony Bennett and Andrew Wiggins were all high picks (2 of them 1st overall), and RJ Barrett will no doubt be top 3 this year.

The Raptors may not win it all, but we now know something, they will not be swept. And Canada is embracing them like we did The Jays. One team does that. In hockey, it's not the same. We don't all pull for one Canadian team. Then again, The NHL is full of canucks, so it is pretty easy to relate to teams like St. Lou, given how many canucks they have. BUT....don't get me wrong, we like who we like....not just canucks. There are nearly as many Americans on our Jets team as Canadians. Hey, a Jet is a Jet!

Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    Thx bud! Both my kids live there and they are loving it!

Interestingly, BB is starting to catch up a little on hockey, as a Canadian sport. The Raptors are helping big time of course. But there are loads of young canucks who are making their mark in the game, and I suspect that the trend will only rise, given what we are witnessing. Players like Tristin Thompson, Anthony Bennett and Andrew Wiggins were all high picks (2 of them 1st overall), and RJ Barrett will no doubt be top 3 this year.

The Raptors may not win it all, but we now know something, they will not be swept. And Canada is embracing them like we did The Jays. One team does that. In hockey, it's not the same. We don't all pull for one Canadian team. Then again, The NHL is full of canucks, so it is pretty easy to relate to teams like St. Lou, given how many canucks they have. BUT....don't get me wrong, we like who we like....not just canucks. There are nearly as many Americans on our Jets team as Canadians. Hey, a Jet is a Jet!
    Even if the Raptors drop the next 4, seeing Draymond get rinsed by Pascal Siakam after saying he was the best defensive player in league history or whatever, was priceless.

Even if the Raptors drop the next 4, seeing Draymond get rinsed by Pascal Siakam after saying he was the best defensive player in league history or whatever, was priceless.
    Watching the interviews, if I didn't know who played for who, or where they played, I'd pull for The Raptors. Most of them come across as good people, who respect their opponents, and take little individual credit. GS players are not too cocky, but they definitely are fond of themselves. And as long as Durant is there, I would never pull for them. Never. Used to like him a lot, in Oklahoma.

Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    Watching the interviews, if I didn't know who played for who, or where they played, I'd pull for The Raptors. Most of them come across as good people, who respect their opponents, and take little individual credit. GS players are not too cocky, but they definitely are fond of themselves. And as long as Durant is there, I would never pull for them. Never. Used to like him a lot, in Oklahoma.
    I don't really care for anybody on the GSW, tbh.

Could get real interesting with Durant still out. They're saying he's expected back mid way through the Finals, but they've been slow playing his status since it happened. He could be back for game 3 or not at all.

I don't really care for anybody on the GSW, tbh.

Could get real interesting with Durant still out. They're saying he's expected back mid way through the Finals, but they've been slow playing his status since it happened. He could be back for game 3 or not at all.
    One kind of interesting side story is the Curry connection with Toronto. The Curry brothers lived in TO for a year and a half, when their dad played for The Raptors. And Curry's wife was born and raised (til she was a teenager) in TO as well.

BUT...….