Page 154 of 166 FirstFirst ... 54 104 144 152 153 154 155 156 164 ... LastLast
Results 2,296 to 2,310 of 2480

Thread: NBA Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Bronco51 View Post
    Dang, KD gave Houston a gift of an injury, and Harden and CP3 still couldnít get it done. At home no less.
    Warriors fans have always said that Curry is more important to that team than Durant, and I've always agreed with them about that. Never more so than after tonight's game. Durant might be a better all around player than Curry, but Curry has a bigger impact on that team's success. You think about how good that team is. You could take any great small forward, stick them in Durant's spot, run the offense through them, and they'd put up huge numbers. How could they not? The Rockets left Iguodala wide open all night, because they sold out to stop everyone else.

I never expected a D'Antoni/Harden team to win a championship, but I think it's easy to forget that the Warriors were being considered as the greatest team of all time before Durant got there. I'm really not shocked they closed it out in Houston.

Peace Love Happiness ✌🏾
    Now that James Harden has lost, I can stop rooting for the Warriors.

However, I donít expect much from the Nuggets or the Trailblazers. Go Nuggets!
    Negs are Cowardly Acts of Nonsense. I wonít Back Down.
    No Matter How Stupid Your Comments Are!

Are an of you hearing that Durant might be done for this year? If so, he may have played his last game as a Warrior. I really shouldn't care, because I lost all respect for him a few years back. I just want GS to play the game on a level playing field. Basketball is not football or hockey. A few great players can turn any team into a contender.

Should be a good one tomorrow in Toronto. I like the Raptors' chances, especially if Kawhi is on his game, but you never want to go to a 7th game. As far as I can tell, Drake can not score any points!!

I know I am biased, but Kawhi Leonard is as dominant a force in basketball as any player in the world. Sure, "the shot" took an amazing bounce, but the fact of the matter was that he was going to get the ball, and he was going to shoot, and he had to shoot it high over a huge opponent. He has to make the play for the bounce to happen. But it's much. much more than that. He has been MVP material all season, and into the playoffs. He is stud player in both sides of the game, and has carried The Raptors this far.

And the dude is so quiet and humble. He is an anomaly in the sports world, where there are far too many loud, "me first" types. Not sure Toronto can re-sign him, but I sure hope so! He just gave an entire country a boost last night, with the first ever, final shot game winner in a 7 game series!
    Last edited by CanDB; 05-13-2019 at 12:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    I know I am biased, but Kawhi Leonard is as dominant a force in basketball as any player in the world. Sure, "the shot" took an amazing bounce, but the fact of the matter was that he was going to get the ball, and he was going to shoot, and he had to shoot it high over a huge opponent. He has to make the play for the bounce to happen. But it's much. much more than that. He has been MVP material all season, and into the playoffs. He is stud player in both sides of the game, and has carried The Raptors this far.

And the dude is so quiet and humble. He is an anomaly in the sports world, where there are far too many loud, "me first" types. Not sure Toronto can re-sign him, but I sure hope so! He just gave an entire country a boost last night, with the first ever, final shot game winner in a 7 game series!
    As a Spurs follower and fan since the early 2000's, I miss Kawhi.... But I hated how he played the Spurs last season....

Quote Originally Posted by Peerless View Post
    As a Spurs follower and fan since the early 2000's, I miss Kawhi.... But I hated how he played the Spurs last season....
    I will be honest, I do not know much about what happened, other than he hardly played (due to injury). As a Raptors fan, all I knew was that they were taking a big risk in trading him for a fan fav - DeRozan, given his injury and given this might amount to a one year signing. So far it has worked in our favour.
    Last edited by CanDB; 05-15-2019 at 11:51 AM.

As a Knicks fan, I never should've left the Lakers. I would've enjoyed 10 championships instead of 5. Still the 90s were fun. But anyway, I knew they wouldn't get the first pick.

Quote Originally Posted by DevilSpawn View Post
    As a Knicks fan, I never should've left the Lakers. I would've enjoyed 10 championships instead of 5. Still the 90s were fun. But anyway, I knew they wouldn't get the first pick.
    How you would feel about a Canadian joining The Knicks - RJ Barrett? He is a possible candidate, and was considered the #1 pick not that long ago. I think he will do very well, wherever he lands.

At least they can't be accused of rigging the lottery like they have in the past with LeBron and Derrick Rose, interesting to see if NO stick or twist on Zion or use the pick as a bargaining chip, either way I think Anthony Davis' mind may have changed very quickly
    Come On You Blues! GO BRONCOS!

Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    How you would feel about a Canadian joining The Knicks - RJ Barrett? He is a possible candidate, and was considered the #1 pick not that long ago. I think he will do very well, wherever he lands.
    Oh hell yes I'm all for it. The Knicks didn't totally lose. RJ should be a great piece to build around.

Ummmmm any chance we can ship James Dolan up north? I'm not talking Toronto. More like Axel Heiberg Island. Please.

I would rather have a healthy MPJ more than any player in the 2019 draft other than Zion.

Quote Originally Posted by DevilSpawn View Post
    Oh hell yes I'm all for it. The Knicks didn't totally lose. RJ should be a great piece to build around.

Ummmmm any chance we can ship James Dolan up north? I'm not talking Toronto. More like Axel Heiberg Island. Please.
    Ha ha...don't know much about him, but if he's actively involved with The Knicks and The Rangers, he must not be the best exec on the planet.

Now, in fairness to the fine people in Nunavut, maybe send him to Toronto instead. I like Toronto, and my kids live there, but it's fine by me to send him there, cuz sometimes our largest city gets a little carried away with itself.

Happy to see the Blazers get swept.

GS has time to go on vacation until the finals. Luv that The Raptors have made a series of it. Dominant win tonight!

Peace Love Happiness ✌🏾
    Go Bucks!!!!
    Negs are Cowardly Acts of Nonsense. I wonít Back Down.
    No Matter How Stupid Your Comments Are!