Page 146 of 146 FirstFirst ... 46 96 136 144 145 146
Results 2,176 to 2,186 of 2186

Thread: NBA Thread

Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    There's always a chance. I mean he may be done chasing championships and just want to play for his hometown team. I sort of felt like that was his reason for coming back in the first place. Not that he suddenly thought the Cavs were in a better place than Miami was. But it worked out with Kyrie and Love for 1 ring which was icing on the cake.

I think it depends on how driven he is to try to catch Kobe or MJ in rings at this age. If he wants to be in the discussion for GOAT he probably needs to leave and try to get a team up 2-3 rings. But there's a chance he just wants to stay home and relax his last 5-7 years. And I use relax lightly because he obviously has 2-3 more years of competing for the East crown. But I don't see how this roster is ever going to form around him to compete with GS and Houston in the finals.

Quote Originally Posted by DenverBlood View Post
    There's always a chance. I mean he may be done chasing championships and just want to play for his hometown team. I sort of felt like that was his reason for coming back in the first place. Not that he suddenly thought the Cavs were in a better place than Miami was. But it worked out with Kyrie and Love for 1 ring which was icing on the cake.

I think it depends on how driven he is to try to catch Kobe or MJ in rings at this age. If he wants to be in the discussion for GOAT he probably needs to leave and try to get a team up 2-3 rings. But there's a chance he just wants to stay home and relax his last 5-7 years. And I use relax lightly because he obviously has 2-3 more years of competing for the East crown. But I don't see how this roster is ever going to form around him to compete with GS and Houston in the finals.
    I am keeping this fairly light....but yes, the team he is on is not good enough to beat GS, or maybe even Houston. Heck, look at their regular season results! For them to compete, they need either one star or 2 high quality additions......at minimum. He can't win every game. Even Durant or Curry have their lesser days. But the difference there, they probably never have the same rough day.

But this will keep basketball alive this offseason. And I am always big on blockbuster deals....as long as my teams get a good deal!

Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    I am keeping this fairly light....but yes, the team he is on is not good enough to beat GS, or maybe even Houston. Heck, look at their regular season results! For them to compete, they need either one star or 2 high quality additions......at minimum. He can't win every game. Even Durant or Curry have their lesser days. But the difference there, they probably never have the same rough day.

But this will keep basketball alive this offseason. And I am always big on blockbuster deals....as long as my teams get a good deal!
    The only solution I see for Cleveland is to jettison a large portion of the roster, and trade the 8th pick for something established. Even then, it's hard to imagine. As far as the Cavs are concerned, LeBron and Cleveland could feasibly do each other a favor by pulling off a sign and trade with Houston. I guess it would come down to what LeBron wants to do, and whether or not Gilbert would be willing.

Kawhi Leonard has apparently said he wants to leave San Antonio.

If it were up to me, I would make him play his last year and then walk without a max deal.
    Jesus Loves You, even if you don't love Him.
    Woooo!! Wooooo!!! Wooooooo!!!! Wooooooooooooooooo!!!!!
    negs are for cowards. I won't back down.

Draft day....
    It's like Christmas waiting and waiting to see what the Nuggets got the Jazz this year.

Lakers apparently called Spurs about Leonard and got nowhere.

Quote Originally Posted by broncolee View Post
    Kawhi Leonard has apparently said he wants to leave San Antonio.

If it were up to me, I would make him play his last year and then walk without a max deal.
    They didn't let him play this year, and it cost them. If he leaves as a FA, they get nothing for him & other FAs won't want to come there. I think that they should trade him to a team like PHX, who have no chance of being a threat

On a side note, I knew DAL would somehow get the foreigner to be the heir apparent to Dirk.

What would you guys do if you were LeBron? Do you want rings, points, $, legacy, weather, etc. ?
    Rod Smith for the HOF. TEBOW RULES!

Leonard chose not to play despite being cleared by team doctors. Let him walk for nothing and prove the money doesn’t matter.

LeBron will go where he thinks he can back to the finals, unless he’s just fed up with losing to the Warriors when Draymond doesn’t get suspended. He probably stays in the East.

Happy with the Jazz selection of Allen......Nuggets pick was really solid as well.

Leonard chose not to play despite being cleared by team doctors. Let him walk for nothing and prove the money doesn’t matter.

LeBron will go where he thinks he can back to the finals, unless he’s just fed up with losing to the Warriors when Draymond doesn’t get suspended. He probably stays in the East.
    Cleveland doesn't lose Love & Irving in that first series they have 2 titles.

Quote Originally Posted by HUMCALC View Post
    They didn't let him play this year, and it cost them. If he leaves as a FA, they get nothing for him & other FAs won't want to come there. I think that they should trade him to a team like PHX, who have no chance of being a threat

On a side note, I knew DAL would somehow get the foreigner to be the heir apparent to Dirk.

What would you guys do if you were LeBron? Do you want rings, points, $, legacy, weather, etc. ?
    Of course, as a Cavs fan, I'd like him to stay, but this is bigger than Cleveland now. He came home, and won a title. It's more about his legacy now, and he isn't afforded the luxury of being on a great team to build upon it.

Dude played in 6 games including Game 7 at home, and they still got beat.

Quote Originally Posted by atwaterandstir View Post
    Happy with the Jazz selection of Allen......Nuggets pick was really solid as well.
    Allen was such a Utah pick. If you asked me before the draft where he'd most likely go, that would've been my guess.