Page 168 of 168 FirstFirst ... 68 118 158 166 167 168
Results 2,506 to 2,512 of 2512

Thread: NBA Thread

Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    A few trades. Not sure if Miami is that much better with Iguodala. Golden State is setting up for a big rebound next year, with Curry, Thompson, a really good draft pick, and now Wiggins.

My Raps are surprisingly good, winning 12 in a row....though they have not had too many tough opponents in that run. Glad to hear that Ujiri might not be off to NY after all.

Going to be a big finish, and excellent playoffs!
    Further to....GS is actually starting to worry me already! Think next year with Curry, Thompson, Green, Wiggins plus a high draft pick in '20.... plus likely a good extra first rounder in '21 (via Minnesota). If they wheel and deal a bit, who knows what they may look like in a year or two!!

Further to....GS is actually starting to worry me already! Think next year with Curry, Thompson, Green, Wiggins plus a high draft pick in '20.... plus likely a good extra first rounder in '21 (via Minnesota). If they wheel and deal a bit, who knows what they may look like in a year or two!!
    I think it depends on how Thompson looks coming off the knee. Said it before, say it again. Curry is fragile, and Draymond is regular. Draymond can't do different stuff than what he does when there's a super team around him. Same guy. Wiggins hasn't developed completely, and maybe he'll show out on a team this good, but here's how you look at him. Go back to before GS had KD, and Barnes was the "other guy". He's a better defensive, more athletic, worse shooting version of Barnes. It's a wash, I think. But when you look at how good that team could be, and they broke the record for regular season wins. Sure, they could win another championship. Maybe Steve Kerr will go back to being the best coach in the NBA when everybody gets healthy again. lol.

Lakers are bad right now. If it wasn't for Davis they'd be a train wreck. LeBron is setting the table this year, but from what I've watched he hasn't been efficient by his standards on offense. The role players have been super inconsistent. This team will be as good as their team defense, so they need to get back to that, and get LeBron out in transition where he's always good.

Bucks are good again, but the NBA Championship will be decided in the West if you ask me. After the break, it's time for Dwight Howard to get it on, and the Lakers to tighten the screws defensively. Clippers are going to be waiting. I wish I was Vogel for a day. I'd rip these guys so hard, and I'd tell LeBron if he isn't happy to fire me. The Clippers got some one on one defenders, try hards, and thugs. You have to meet that head on, and murder them in the paint. I can tell you right now, that's the way to beat them. Attack them inside relentlessly. Let your perimeter offense come from that. Don't play to their strength.

Quote Originally Posted by Spice 1 View Post
    I think it depends on how Thompson looks coming off the knee. Said it before, say it again. Curry is fragile, and Draymond is regular. Draymond can't do different stuff than what he does when there's a super team around him. Same guy. Wiggins hasn't developed completely, and maybe he'll show out on a team this good, but here's how you look at him. Go back to before GS had KD, and Barnes was the "other guy". He's a better defensive, more athletic, worse shooting version of Barnes. It's a wash, I think. But when you look at how good that team could be, and they broke the record for regular season wins. Sure, they could win another championship. Maybe Steve Kerr will go back to being the best coach in the NBA when everybody gets healthy again. lol.

Lakers are bad right now. If it wasn't for Davis they'd be a train wreck. LeBron is setting the table this year, but from what I've watched he hasn't been efficient by his standards on offense. The role players have been super inconsistent. This team will be as good as their team defense, so they need to get back to that, and get LeBron out in transition where he's always good.

Bucks are good again, but the NBA Championship will be decided in the West if you ask me. After the break, it's time for Dwight Howard to get it on, and the Lakers to tighten the screws defensively. Clippers are going to be waiting. I wish I was Vogel for a day. I'd rip these guys so hard, and I'd tell LeBron if he isn't happy to fire me. The Clippers got some one on one defenders, try hards, and thugs. You have to meet that head on, and murder them in the paint. I can tell you right now, that's the way to beat them. Attack them inside relentlessly. Let your perimeter offense come from that. Don't play to their strength.
    The West looks stronger, but The Bucks are going to be tough to beat. Some of the teams are relying too much on a couple of players. I just wish my Raptors could make one medium sized deal, because given their injuries this season, they are in the thick of it. Yes, the streak ended, but I admit, it was not a real tough stretch. But even so, with their championship confidence, even minus Kawhi, they are very resilient. Just one player add....please!!

The West looks stronger, but The Bucks are going to be tough to beat. Some of the teams are relying too much on a couple of players. I just wish my Raptors could make one medium sized deal, because given their injuries this season, they are in the thick of it. Yes, the streak ended, but I admit, it was not a real tough stretch. But even so, with their championship confidence, even minus Kawhi, they are very resilient. Just one player add....please!!
    This is going to be a long ass post, so bear with me.

I actually think the Bucks have a better chance if they get the Clippers than the Lakers. Half of Giannis's field goal attempts come right at the basket. I went and looked at the old Cavs (2009) to see how accurate my comparison with the Bucks really is, and it turns out only a third of LeBron's attempts came at the basket. Giannis is a good shooter at the foul line extended, about the same as LeBron in '09, but he takes fewer than a third of his shots beyond the foul line. LeBron took half of his shots beyond the foul line. What this means is that the same rules apply in an even bigger way. You either defend him with long athletic interior players when he gets to the basket or wall him off with the Thibodeau defense like everyone did to LeBron. It forces Giannis to be a facilitator, and then you get into a situation where you're relying on the others to score.

Everybody in the league knows this, and this is why having a good coach like Budenholzer is important. Budenholzer is a disciple of Popovich, so he knows how to incorporate his player strengths and present spontaneity offensively. It's hard to find a set way to defend a team coached by Gregg or Mike, because it's fluid and no two players are ever filling the same roles within the offense. Not completely. That, and team defense is why they still manage to beat the obvious philosophy for defending their personnel. The Bucks are really good defensively (1st in OPP FG%), but guess who was 2nd in the league back in 2009? Cleveland Cavaliers.

So how was LeBron as a facilitator in a far worse offensive system than what Budenholzer runs? Szerbiak and Pavolvic both took over 40% of their shots from the 3pt line, and shot over .400. Mo Williams shot over .400. West shot .399 and Daniel Gibson, who took over half of his shots from 3, shot .382.

Brook Lopez is taking over half of his shots from 3 and shooting .298. lol. Wesley Mathews and DeVincenzo take over half of their shots from 3 and shoot under .400. Middleton and George Hill are both shooting over .400. Middleton takes few threes than the rest. If Middleton isn't shooting threes, he shooting just insdie the painted area. He's really the only guy on the team who shoots from mid-range, so he's clearly very important to this team's success, because Budenholzer or not, Antetokounmpo is not going to have his way against the Lakers inside. They don't have the shooting efficiency otherwise. Unless Middleton catches fire, they'll end up having to depend on their defense to hold the Lakers. Not easy to do against LeBron and AD.

The Clippers are a different story. I watched the Celtics game last night, and Stevens didn't exactly reinvent the wheel. The entire second half, all Boston did was attack the paint. LA had a lot of things go their way just to keep that game close. The Celtics should've won that game in regulation.
    Last edited by Spice 1; 02-14-2020 at 12:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Spice 1 View Post
    This is going to be a long ass post, so bear with me.

I actually think the Bucks have a better chance if they get the Clippers than the Lakers. Half of Giannis's field goal attempts come right at the basket. I went and looked at the old Cavs (2009) to see how accurate my comparison with the Bucks really is, and it turns out only a third of LeBron's attempts came at the basket. Giannis is a good shooter at the foul line extended, about the same as LeBron in '09, but he takes fewer than a third of his shots beyond the foul line. LeBron took half of his shots beyond the foul line. What this means is that the same rules apply in an even bigger way. You either defend him with long athletic interior players when he gets to the basket or wall him off with the Thibodeau defense like everyone did to LeBron. It forces Giannis to be a facilitator, and then you get into a situation where you're relying on the others to score.

Everybody in the league knows this, and this is why having a good coach like Budenholzer is important. Budenholzer is a disciple of Popovich, so he knows how to incorporate his player strengths and present spontaneity offensively. It's hard to find a set way to defend a team coached by Gregg or Mike, because it's fluid and no two players are ever filling the same roles within the offense. Not completely. That, and team defense is why they still manage to beat the obvious philosophy for defending their personnel. The Bucks are really good defensively (1st in OPP FG%), but guess who was 2nd in the league back in 2009? Cleveland Cavaliers.

So how was LeBron as a facilitator in a far worse offensive system than what Budenholzer runs? Szerbiak and Pavolvic both took over 40% of their shots from the 3pt line, and shot over .400. Mo Williams shot over .400. West shot .399 and Daniel Gibson, who took over half of his shots from 3, shot .382.

Brook Lopez is taking over half of his shots from 3 and shooting .298. lol. Wesley Mathews and DeVincenzo take over half of their shots from 3 and shoot under .400. Middleton and George Hill are both shooting over .400. Middleton takes few threes than the rest. If Middleton isn't shooting threes, he shooting just insdie the painted area. He's really the only guy on the team who shoots from mid-range, so he's clearly very important to this team's success, because Budenholzer or not, Antetokounmpo is not going to have his way against the Lakers inside. They don't have the shooting efficiency otherwise. Unless Middleton catches fire, they'll end up having to depend on their defense to hold the Lakers. Not easy to do against LeBron and AD.

The Clippers are a different story. I watched the Celtics game last night, and Stevens didn't exactly reinvent the wheel. The entire second half, all Boston did was attack the paint. LA had a lot of things go their way just to keep that game close. The Celtics should've won that game in regulation.
    Thx for that.

I think The Bucks are still the team to beat, based on play to date....but narrowly. I think LAL is better than The Clippers, and I still do not count The Raptors out of this thing. Tight race though, and injuries/acquisitions will be a factor. There are a group of teams that, if all goes the right way, could win it.

I enjoyed the new format for the All-Star game. I think the qtr by qtr charity donations is a good idea. The 4th qtr was totally unexpected with the players actually trying, and it made for an entertaining finish. I never thought they would get one qtr of competition out of this game but now I'm thinking they have the recipe (with some tweaking) for a competitive game.

I was happy to see Gobert play so well, he definitely deserved a spot in that game and he didn't take it for granted. We love Rudy in Utah and I think he gained some more fans last night.

And the Clippers just added another piece to their super team in PG Reggie Jackson. It doesn’t really address their biggest need but man this team is going to be tough in the playoffs.

At some point the NBA needs to address these mega teams. It really takes the joy out of the season knowing that probably only 2 or 3 teams have a punchers chance against 1 juggernaut of a team.