Page 102 of 166 FirstFirst ... 2 52 92 100 101 102 103 104 112 152 ... LastLast
Results 1,516 to 1,530 of 2480

Thread: NBA Thread

Quote Originally Posted by ELWAY421 View Post
    For all of the people who said Lebron couldn't win a championship until he paired up with superstars it's time to come out and hammer Durant for doing worse and making it the big 4. Not worried though. Lebron owns Durant.
    I think people hammered Lebron on the way he did it not the team he went on.

Quote Originally Posted by 58_VONDOOM_92 View Post
    Good thing the Cavs got their championship cause that might have been the last one for atleast 3 years. Just give the trophy to the Warriors now.
    Cavs are almost obligated to try and sign Wade now. lol.

So the Warriors are losing Barnes, Bogut, Ezeli for sure. Possibly Speights? Doesn't change the Cavs approach offensively much. No rim protection. Warriors become a lot harder to defend, though. No Harrison Barnes out there jacking up bricks and turning the ball over off the dribble. Now you have to deal with Durant. Pretty hard to stop that.

Quote Originally Posted by ELWAY421 View Post
    For all of the people who said Lebron couldn't win a championship until he paired up with superstars it's time to come out and hammer Durant for doing worse and making it the big 4. Not worried though. Lebron owns Durant.
    Yep, I hate this for the league. I totally hammered LeBron for teaming up, and I will do so for Durant. This whole if you can't beat em, join em mentality is so weak. IMHO.

Marc Spears on SportsCenter talking about LeBron did the same exact thing. lol.

LeBron didn't join the league MVP, two other all stars, and "coach of the year" coming off of an NBA record 73 wins. It's actually not even close.

Quote Originally Posted by Spice 1 View Post
    Marc Spears on SportsCenter talking about LeBron did the same exact thing. lol.

LeBron didn't join the league MVP, two other all stars, and "coach of the year" coming off of an NBA record 73 wins. It's actually not even close.
    It's the same. One of the best players who didn't feel he could win where he was, goes to a contending team to get rings. I hate this trend. And Wade and Bosh were all stars weren't they?

And what I fear is GS winning it all next year and then Westbrook and Melo and LeBron deciding to take their talents somewhere and trying to win one together next summer.

Quote Originally Posted by Bronco51 View Post
    It's the same. One of the best players who didn't feel he could win where he was, goes to a contending team to get rings. I hate this trend. And Wade and Bosh were all stars weren't they?

And what I fear is GS winning it all next year and then Westbrook and Melo and LeBron deciding to take their talents somewhere and trying to win one together next summer.
    It's not the same dude. Bosh didn't play for the Heat the previous year, and the Heat won 47 games. Not 73. Spoelstra was an unproven coach, and there was no 4th guy. Who was the 4th guy? Mario Chalmers?

If by same, you mean LeBron was an all star who went to a team with multiple all stars, then yes. It would be the same thing. But don't forget to throw in Dennis Rodman, Karl Malone, Gary Payton, Moses Malone, LaMarcus Aldridge, Wilt Chamberlain, etc. etc. while you're at it. Seriously.

Wilt was traded to LA. My bad on that one. Chamberlain and Malone were two of the most lopsided trades you'll ever see. Worse than Garnett to Boston.
    Last edited by Spice 1; 07-04-2016 at 10:19 AM.

It's not the same dude. Bosh didn't play for the Heat the previous year, and the Heat won 47 games. Not 73. Spoelstra was an unproven coach, and there was no 4th guy. Who was the 4th guy? Mario Chalmers?

If by same, you mean LeBron was an all star who went to a team with multiple all stars, then yes. It would be the same thing. But don't forget to throw in Dennis Rodman, Karl Malone, Gary Payton, Moses Malone, LaMarcus Aldridge, Wilt Chamberlain, etc. etc. while you're at it. Seriously.
    Bosh was going to the Heat and LeBron knew it. It was no secret. Come on now. He was going to a team that he knew he was going to have a better shot at a title. It's the same principle, no matter how you want to spin it.

KD is gonna become the most disliked player in the NBA. I'm curious how he will handle that, when he is already a sensitive guy, whom has never had majority of the fan base be against him.

I think him signing with the Warriors is a copout and hypocritical. KD on record said superstars shouldn't play with each other but play against each other.

What if he pulls a DeAndre Jordan and change his mind? He isn't a Warrior until he signs the dotted line Thursday.

Quote Originally Posted by InsaneBlaze23 View Post
    KD is gonna become the most disliked player in the NBA. I'm curious how he will handle that, when he is already a sensitive guy, whom has never had majority of the fan base be against him.

I think him signing with the Warriors is a copout and hypocritical. KD on record said superstars shouldn't play with each other but play against each other.

What if he pulls a DeAndre Jordan and change his mind? He isn't a Warrior until he signs the dotted line Thursday.
    Oh man, I remember him saying that about teaming up. I just hate this trend. Now I'm hearing radio guys talking about next summer when other stars are free agents and if New York or Los Angeles will be the landing spot.

Bosh was going to the Heat and LeBron knew it. It was no secret. Come on now. He was going to a team that he knew he was going to have a better shot at a title. It's the same principle, no matter how you want to spin it.
    Bosh had already signed with Miami. You are saying same principle, and that much is true. I'm saying different circumstances, which is also true. So it's a matter of semantics.

Not sure why he wanted to leave OKC after acquiring Oladipo who gives them great defense and more scoring than Roberson.

Kudos to the Warriors for pulling it off though. Their bench is going to take a big hit

Cavs are almost obligated to try and sign Wade now. lol.

So the Warriors are losing Barnes, Bogut, Ezeli for sure. Possibly Speights? Doesn't change the Cavs approach offensively much. No rim protection. Warriors become a lot harder to defend, though. No Harrison Barnes out there jacking up bricks and turning the ball over off the dribble. Now you have to deal with Durant. Pretty hard to stop that.
    The Cavs would have to move Love in order to sign anyone aside from their own free agents. It's crazy to think that the Warriors have 4 of the 5 Western Conference all stars starting for them lol.

Edit: they might be able to sign a player at the veterans minimum, but I doubt Wade would go for that....
    Last edited by ELWAY421; 07-04-2016 at 10:40 AM.
    Dread it.Run from it.
    Destiny arrives all the same.

And to think the league blocked the CP3 trade to the Lakers a few years back lol....
    Dread it.Run from it.
    Destiny arrives all the same.