Page 104 of 166 FirstFirst ... 4 54 94 102 103 104 105 106 114 154 ... LastLast
Results 1,546 to 1,560 of 2480

Thread: NBA Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Spice 1 View Post

Can't see the pic but judging by the name I'm guessing you disagree. It's not even close, arguing otherwise is fan boy nonsense. LeBron is still hated for what he did, many of those people, like me, where indifferent about him prior. People like to think he is hated because of his greatness, that's also nonsense. I have all the respect in the world for true legends, he just doesn't meet that standard imo.

Quote Originally Posted by JJBroncoFan View Post
    I'm not in the business of picking out the worst from the worst lol. I'm not sure that's a fair comparison though anyways. Klay, Steph, and Draymond were all drafted by the Warriors. That team was mostly built, not bought. Iggy was signed, but he is hardly a superstar.

I think it's safe to say nothing will ever compare to the nonsense LeBron pulled. You would have to go out of your way to make people hate you to exceed that. Let's not forget the "special," the trash talk about winning 8 championships in a row or whatever it was. Durant may have taken a similar route but it's somewhere between the LeBron and KG route. It's hard to not consider this era as well, this is all the norm now, but people are gonna hate because it's an established team he is going to.
    You completely ignored what I posted. I basically said aside from the special & LeBron leaving home this is by far worse. A 73 win team gets a top 3 player in the NBA. The Warriors have 4 of the 5 Western Conference all stars starting for them at this point. It don't get no more lopsided man. You can focus on the special all you want, but it doesn't compare in the pairing of superstars.

Quote Originally Posted by HUMCALC View Post
    It depends on if he's willing to run like Hoiberg wants. I'm disappointed right now, but I'll give him the benefit of the doubt. I'd like to have JJ from LAC on the Bulls, though
    Don't have to worry about him taking buckets away from Butler, at least. I've always felt that in the right situation Rondo is great. We'll see, though.

Can't see the pic but judging by the name I'm guessing you disagree. It's not even close, arguing otherwise is fan boy nonsense. LeBron is still hated for what he did, many of those people, like me, where indifferent about him prior. People like to think he is hated because of his greatness, that's also nonsense. I have all the respect in the world for true legends, he just doesn't meet that standard imo.
    3x NBA Champ
    3X NBA Finals MVP
    4X MVP
    ROY
    5X All-Defensive Team
    Top 3-5 Playoff Points
    #2 in Playoff Triple-Doubles
    6 Consecutive Finals Appearance
    Top 15 (or so) All-Time Scorer

Yes, this is a LEGEND
    Rod Smith for the HOF. TEBOW RULES!

I'm not in the business of picking out the worst from the worst lol. I'm not sure that's a fair comparison though anyways. Klay, Steph, and Draymond were all drafted by the Warriors. That team was mostly built, not bought. Iggy was signed, but he is hardly a superstar.

I think it's safe to say nothing will ever compare to the nonsense LeBron pulled. You would have to go out of your way to make people hate you to exceed that. Let's not forget the "special," the trash talk about winning 8 championships in a row or whatever it was. Durant may have taken a similar route but it's somewhere between the LeBron and KG route. It's hard to not consider this era as well, this is all the norm now, but people are gonna hate because it's an established team he is going to.
    I dunno. 73 wins, League MVP, 3 All Stars, and Coach of the Year. You sure, bro?

Quote Originally Posted by HUMCALC View Post
    3x NBA Champ
    3X NBA Finals MVP
    4X MVP
    ROY
    5X All-Defensive Team
    Top 3-5 Playoff Points
    #2 in Playoff Triple-Doubles
    6 Consecutive Finals Appearance
    Top 15 (or so) All-Time Scorer

Yes, this is a LEGEND
    Disagree, he has done all that in a pretty weak era of basketball all while teaming up with other stars. You're free to have your own opinion, I'm not trying to change it. Imo, you put LeBron in with the era of true legends and you get another Karl Malone. He wouldn't know what to do with himself in an era where fake superstars can't run off and team up.

I dunno. 73 wins, League MVP, 3 All Stars, and Coach of the Year. You sure, bro?

Does that not meet the requirements of an established team?

Totally awesome response, no true argument for the contrary though. Ironic because that's kind of Jon Stewart works lol.

Michael Jordan = Black Jerry West
    Kobe Bryant = Mitch Richmond with a side piece
    Larry Bird = Big Nosed Tom Gugliotta
    Earvin Johnson = That weird HIV guy that sucks @ twitter

Welcome to the logic of JJ.

Michael Jordan = Black Jerry West
    Kobe Bryant = Mitch Richmond with a side piece
    Larry Bird = Big Nosed Tom Gugliotta
    Earvin Johnson = That weird HIV guy that sucks @ twitter

Welcome to the logic of JJ.
    What in the hell are you talking about now? Wow its getting a lot like listening to Jon Stewart now.

What in the hell are you talking about now? Wow its getting a lot like listening to Jon Stewart now.

Lol that one actually made me laugh so all good. No trolling, I stated my opinion and some of my reasoning. You posted pictures, so yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by ELWAY421 View Post
    You completely ignored what I posted. I basically said aside from the special & LeBron leaving home this is by far worse. A 73 win team gets a top 3 player in the NBA. The Warriors have 4 of the 5 Western Conference all stars starting for them at this point. It don't get no more lopsided man. You can focus on the special all you want, but it doesn't compare in the pairing of superstars.
    Lol just aside from that huh? Awesome argument, if we ignore the worse of the circumstance, then the circumstances don't seem so bad. Who woulda thunk it?

I agreed that it was a weak move for Durant, but that's what the league is now. We will have to wait to see if it's gonna translate to championships or not. Durant did what was "best" for him. That was the argument LeBron lovers made for him even though he spat in plenty of faces on his way out. Durant did nothing "wrong," he just left. LeBron could learn something from him on that.

Lol just aside from that huh? Awesome argument, if we ignore the worse of the circumstance, then the circumstances don't seem so bad. Who woulda thunk it?

I agreed that it was a weak move for Durant, but that's what the league is now. We will have to wait to see if it's gonna translate to championships or not. Durant did what was "best" for him. That was the argument LeBron lovers made for him even though he spat in plenty of faces on his way out. Durant did nothing "wrong," he just left. LeBron could learn something from him on that.
    If you're not trolling you should be banned from talking basketball lol. I see no logic in what you say with all of the weak era of basketball & all of the Karl Malone smack. Like you said & same to you. I'm not trying to change your mind. The accomplishments speak for themselves.!

Quote Originally Posted by ELWAY421 View Post
    If you're not trolling you should be banned from talking basketball lol. I see no logic in what you say with all of the weak era of basketball & all of the Karl Malone smack. Like you said & same to you. I'm not trying to change your mind. The accomplishments speak for themselves.!
    Because I disagree with you I should be banned? Lol! That speaks volumes sadly.

LeBron wouldn't have half of those accomplishments in that era, that's my whole point, I don't see the confusion. He would have nice stats and be respected around the league, but no jewelry.

He would never been able to lead a team past the Michael Jordan lead Bulls. I don't think he could have beaten the Olajuwon lead Rockets either. That's why he would be another Karl Malone, it's not much of an insult, yet panties are way bunched up in here.

Because I disagree with you I should be banned? Lol! That speaks volumes sadly.

LeBron wouldn't have half of those accomplishments in that era, that's my whole point, I don't see the confusion. He would have nice stats and be respected around the league, but no jewelry.

He would never been able to lead a team past the Michael Jordan lead Bulls. I don't think he could have beaten the Olajuwon lead Rockets either. That's why he would be another Karl Malone, it's not much of an insult, yet panties are way bunched up in here.

See, you are assuming & assuming isn't good. Did you notice how I lol after the ban thing? I actually stole it from Stephen A Smith, he used to say to Skip Bayless all of the time.... Don't flatter yourself ...

http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/stor...st-players-all

Vote & look at the results from age to States... You'll clearly see that older people like you and I think he is a legend. Top 10 of all time would be considered a legend in my book man... You could say well those are just fans, but fans of all ages and all states...
    Dread it.Run from it.
    Destiny arrives all the same.