Page 106 of 125 FirstFirst ... 6 56 96 104 105 106 107 108 116 ... LastLast
Results 1,576 to 1,590 of 1861

Thread: NBA Thread

  1. #1576
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Kalifornia
    Posts
    6,383
    Quote Originally Posted by Spice 1 View Post
    So now it's LeBron is not top 5, because he complains about not getting fouls? You realize he's one of the most physical players in the league? George Mikan is one of the most underrated players in NBA History based primarily on the impact he had on the league at the time he played. If Mikan played against Wilt Chamberlain, Kareem, Russell, Olajuwon, Shaq, etc. he would've gotten owned. Athletes improve from one era to the next.

    And Wilt Chamberlain is definitely one of the all time greats. He had a bad attitude, and terrible teammates early on. Those two things have nothing to do with how good he was on the court. Bill Russell got the better of him one on one once or twice. Most of the time though, Chamberlain completely outperformed every player on both teams, and still lost. The reason was because the Boston Celtics were an all star team, and the Warriors and Sixers were usually junk with Wilt. As of right now, I have Russell ranked ahead of Wilt anyway. I used to have Wilt ranked higher, but through conversations with various people, I've reconsidered. That's called growth through productive debate.
    George Mikan is considered the greatest player of his era, and one of the most dominant players ever. I wouldn't call that underrated by any means. Many haven't heard of him, that's all there is to that argument, and it's not a good one.

    Wilt is another victim of circumstance, due to the era he played in. Sure he is another great, but I don't believe he would be better than an Olajuwon or Shaq if he played with them. More than likely the next tier of guys like Robinson and Ewing.

    As for your last condescending sentence, I don't need any growth to know LeBron doesn't belong in the top 3, just common sense and some perspective.

  2. #1577
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Kalifornia
    Posts
    6,383
    Quote Originally Posted by Spice 1 View Post
    So why are you arguing in hypotheticals?

    I posted the facts weeks ago. Elway posted the facts. HUMCALC posted the facts.
    Those facts only have any relevance when considered within the era he played in. Why is this simple fact so difficult to understand?

    When the discussion is about greatest of all time you have compare players to others, many of which never competed against one another. This is going to lead to hypotheticals and opinions, because you have no direct comparison to cite.

  3. #1578
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    5,478
    Quote Originally Posted by JJBroncoFan View Post
    Fair question, so let me add some perspective and context for you. At one point, in this thread or another, I was debating with someone about where LeBron ranked all time. Somewhere in that debate a remark was made that lead me to believe that poster had James higher than Jordan, which is preposterous. I began saying "the legends" as in the best of the best. That's where that came from. I certainly do not believe that those outside that top 3 are not legends, just not within that small group. So yes in that right LeBron is certainly a legend and a hell of a basketball player. I was a huge fan of his before "the announcement" or whatever the hell he called it lol.

    To answer you question about top 10 list that's impossible for me, you could ask me ever day for the next year and get a different list from #4-10.
    Impossible? I understand that lists change as you're knowledge improves and perspective changes, so just do a 1-5 and 6-10. It's easy.

    1-5
    Michael Jordan
    Kareem Abdul Jabbar
    Bill Russell
    LeBron James
    Wilt Chamberlain

    6-10
    Shaquille O'Neal
    Larry Bird
    Kobe Bryant
    Earvin Johnson
    Hakeem Olajuwon

    11-15
    Jerry West
    Oscar Robertson
    Karl Malone
    Julius Erving
    Tim Duncan

    16-20
    Charles Barkley
    Isiah Thomas
    Bob Pettit
    Moses Malone
    David Robinson

    21-25
    John Stockton
    Rick Barry
    Patrick Ewing
    Elgin Baylor
    Clyde Drexler

    See. Easy.

  4. #1579
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    5,478
    Quote Originally Posted by JJBroncoFan View Post
    George Mikan is considered the greatest player of his era, and one of the most dominant players ever. I wouldn't call that underrated by any means. Many haven't heard of him, that's all there is to that argument, and it's not a good one.

    Wilt is another victim of circumstance, due to the era he played in. Sure he is another great, but I don't believe he would be better than an Olajuwon or Shaq if he played with them. More than likely the next tier of guys like Robinson and Ewing.

    As for your last condescending sentence, I don't need any growth to know LeBron doesn't belong in the top 3, just common sense and some perspective.
    None of that made any sense in context to what I said. That was a giant contradiction. There's nothing condescending about what I said either. First you say LeBron is Karl Malone. Then you say he's not top 5. Now you say he's not top 3. Which one is it?

    You want to say LeBron isn't great like Kobe, and then tell me it's because he had to go play with someone else. Kobe got drafted by the Lakers, bro. If he played for Charlotte he wouldn't have won anything. Zo was gone. LJ was gone. He would've run to LA first chance he got, and then you'd be making some other unsubstantiated hypothetical argument, because that one wouldn't work anymore. You're arguments are all contradictions, and you refuse to address the substance in my posts.
    Last edited by Spice 1; 07-04-2016 at 08:25 PM.

  5. #1580
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Kalifornia
    Posts
    6,383
    Quote Originally Posted by Spice 1 View Post
    Impossible? I understand that lists change as you're knowledge improves and perspective changes, so just do a 1-5 and 6-10. It's easy.

    1-5
    Michael Jordan
    Kareem Abdul Jabbar
    Bill Russell
    LeBron James
    Wilt Chamberlain

    6-10
    Shaquille O'Neal
    Larry Bird
    Kobe Bryant
    Earvin Johnson
    Hakeem Olajuwon

    11-15
    Jerry West
    Oscar Robertson
    Karl Malone
    Julius Erving
    Tim Duncan

    16-20
    Charles Barkley
    Isiah Thomas
    Bob Pettit
    Moses Malone
    David Robinson

    21-25
    John Stockton
    Rick Barry
    Patrick Ewing
    Elgin Baylor
    Clyde Drexler

    See. Easy.
    It's not that easy for me, too many names fighting each other in my head. On a side not to have LeBron over both Magic and Bird is a tragedy, and on America day, shame.

  6. #1581
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Kalifornia
    Posts
    6,383
    Quote Originally Posted by Spice 1 View Post
    None of that made any sense in context to what I said. That was a giant contradiction. There's nothing condescending about what I said either. First you say LeBron is Karl Malone. Then you say he's not top 5. Now you say he's not top 3. Which one is it?

    You want to say LeBron isn't great like Kobe, and then tell me it's because he had to go play with someone else. Kobe got drafted by the Lakers, bro. If he played for Charlotte he wouldn't have won anything. Zo was gone. LJ was gone. He would've run to LA first chance he got, and then you'd be making some other unsubstantiated hypothetical argument, because that one wouldn't work.
    Kobe didn't get drafted by the Lakers bro, he was traded. Plus, who's to say he chooses the Lakers down the road as a free agent. Maybe he goes back to Philadelphia bro. It's ironic that you don't like me making assumptions about queen James but love making them yourself, weird.

  7. #1582
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Kalifornia
    Posts
    6,383
    Oh and on the Mikan point, I can't understand what you mean about him being underrated in any context. They use to PO his teammates by putting up signs that read "George Mikan vs insert opponent name" lol. He wasn't underrated while he played. Just because fans today don't know his name doesn't make him underrated, fans are just ignorant.

  8. #1583
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    5,478
    Quote Originally Posted by JJBroncoFan View Post
    Kobe didn't get drafted by the Lakers bro, he was traded. Plus, who's to say he chooses the Lakers down the road as a free agent. Maybe he goes back to Philadelphia bro. It's ironic that you don't like me making assumptions about queen James but love making them yourself, weird.
    Holy cow. You know how I know you aren't reading my posts properly. I stated that he was traded in my first post showing you how your fairy tale hypothetical argument was broken. And still, you refuse to address the point.

    You're either a troll or you're in denial. I'll take your word for it, and assume it's the latter.

  9. #1584
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    the gulf of mexico
    Posts
    12,747
    Quote Originally Posted by JJBroncoFan View Post
    Disagree, he has done all that in a pretty weak era of basketball all while teaming up with other stars. You're free to have your own opinion, I'm not trying to change it. Imo, you put LeBron in with the era of true legends and you get another Karl Malone. He wouldn't know what to do with himself in an era where fake superstars can't run off and team up.
    People keep saying this era doesn't have the same talent as the 80s or 90s but is that really true? There are a ton of players with superstar potential right now. In fact there are only a handful of teams that don't have a true superstar on their team. And the ones that don't, they probably have a guy or two that will develop into a superstar.

  10. #1585
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Kalifornia
    Posts
    6,383
    Quote Originally Posted by beastlyskronk View Post
    People keep saying this era doesn't have the same talent as the 80s or 90s but is that really true? There are a ton of players with superstar potential right now. In fact there are only a handful of teams that don't have a true superstar on their team. And the ones that don't, they probably have a guy or two that will develop into a superstar.
    I guess that depends on your definition of superstar. I would be willing to bet that most of it is stat driven which isn't automatically a bad thing. I have watched both eras and these stats are not the same imo.

  11. #1586
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    the gulf of mexico
    Posts
    12,747
    Quote Originally Posted by JJBroncoFan View Post
    Kobe didn't get drafted by the Lakers bro, he was traded. Plus, who's to say he chooses the Lakers down the road as a free agent. Maybe he goes back to Philadelphia bro. It's ironic that you don't like me making assumptions about queen James but love making them yourself, weird.
    Or maybe he teams up with Tim Duncan and David Robinson. Or maybe he does go to Philly, let's be honest here, Iverson probably ends up with a ring or 5 at that point. How many people do you have above LBJ that you think could win 3 games in a row with 2 on the road against the best team in the regular season ever?

  12. #1587
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Buckeye Nation
    Posts
    7,816
    I'm hearing Wade to the Cavs lol.

  13. #1588
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Kalifornia
    Posts
    6,383
    Quote Originally Posted by Spice 1 View Post
    Holy cow. You know how I know you aren't reading my posts properly. I stated that he was traded in my first post showing you how your fairy tale hypothetical argument was broken. And still, you refuse to address the point.

    You're either a troll or you're in denial. I'll take your word for it, and assume it's the latter.
    You like to poke but don't like it back huh? It's all good, I addressed the point. If you weren't being so protective I think you would be able to see that.

  14. #1589
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Kalifornia
    Posts
    6,383
    Quote Originally Posted by beastlyskronk View Post
    Or maybe he teams up with Tim Duncan and David Robinson. Or maybe he does go to Philly, let's be honest here, Iverson probably ends up with a ring or 5 at that point. How many people do you have above LBJ that you think could win 3 games in a row with 2 on the road against the best team in the regular season ever?
    The maybe is the point at this juncture. Apparently assumptions and hypotheticals are okay only if you're a LeBron fan lol. Personally I don't think any other superstar with an ego could coexist with Iverson. As far as the last question I think the Bulls and other teams we're discussing would probably beat the Cavs or Warriors in 4 or 5.

  15. #1590
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Buckeye Nation
    Posts
    7,816
    Quote Originally Posted by Spice 1 View Post
    Impossible? I understand that lists change as you're knowledge improves and perspective changes, so just do a 1-5 and 6-10. It's easy.

    1-5
    Michael Jordan
    Kareem Abdul Jabbar
    Bill Russell
    LeBron James
    Wilt Chamberlain

    6-10
    Shaquille O'Neal
    Larry Bird
    Kobe Bryant
    Earvin Johnson
    Hakeem Olajuwon

    11-15
    Jerry West
    Oscar Robertson
    Karl Malone
    Julius Erving
    Tim Duncan

    16-20
    Charles Barkley
    Isiah Thomas
    Bob Pettit
    Moses Malone
    David Robinson

    21-25
    John Stockton
    Rick Barry
    Patrick Ewing
    Elgin Baylor
    Clyde Drexler

    See. Easy.
    What? No JR Rider? Lol

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •