Page 108 of 166 FirstFirst ... 8 58 98 106 107 108 109 110 118 158 ... LastLast
Results 1,606 to 1,620 of 2480

Thread: NBA Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Spice 1 View Post
    I lost count of how many chances I gave you to have the coherent, adult conversation you asked for. Even after you pulled the same crap two weeks ago. Once again, you failed to accurately address my posts while arguing in circles with vague unsubstantiated opinions. You have completely failed to support your opinion, as no one here has even as much as acknowledged the accuracy of your supporting arguments. You basically wasted two to three pages of this thread, accomplishing nothing but an attempt at aggravating everyone here.

If you can't handle criticism, don't make outlandish statements with nothing to back them up. If you don't want to be treated like a troll, don't act like one.
    I sure do appreciate all those chances bro. However, I am pretty sure you're the only one aggravated here.

Also, my opinion is not made outlandish simply because it doesn't have your approval. We both obviously value different things when it comes to legacy. I like a guy to earn it, some don't mind if a guy bounces around to try to purchase it. Again, it's all perspective, context, and mostly opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by JJBroncoFan View Post
    I sure do appreciate all those chances bro. However, I am pretty sure you're the only one aggravated here.

Also, my opinion is not made outlandish simply because it doesn't have your approval. We both obviously value different things when it comes to legacy. I like a guy to earn it, some don't mind if a guy bounces around to try to purchase it. Again, it's all perspective, context, and mostly opinion.
    He went to Miami sure, but him going back home is hardly bouncing around. We all in life do things other people don't agree with or that we regret(not saying Lebron regrets goung to Miami). Lebron simply came home. No shame in that.

Quote Originally Posted by ELWAY421 View Post
    He went to Miami sure, but him going back home is hardly bouncing around. We all in life do things other people don't agree with or that we regret(not saying Lebron regrets goung to Miami). Lebron simply came home. No shame in that.
    I didn't say there was shame in him coming home. I think he did the right thing, but he righted his own wrong. When he did come home he came back to another big 3 as well. I have already said he belongs in the too 10. I just don't think you can put him in the top 5 with the road he has taken. If that makes me a hater to some, I will file that under my "oh well" category in life. I am fairly certain there is nothing outlandish about that either.

I didn't say there was shame in him coming home. I think he did the right thing, but he righted his own wrong. When he did come home he came back to another big 3 as well. I have already said he belongs in the too 10. I just don't think you can put him in the top 5 with the road he has taken. If that makes me a hater to some, I will file that under my "oh well" category in life. I am fairly certain there is nothing outlandish about that either.
    Legend = when you make a team that just won a record setting 73 games team up with one of the top 3 players in the league lol. LeBron must be in their heads.

Right. I value facts along with tangible contrast and comparison. You value contradicting opinions that support whatever weak argument you can find to hate on the guy.

It's painfully obvious to everyone here that you are aggravated, because

Warriors gonna close this thing out tonight. Maybe these silly comparisons will stop after 2-5 lol.
    you're a LeBron hater. LeBron didn't lose the way you hoped he would, and now you're butt hurt about it. All you want to do is make others feel as miserable as you do. So I called you out on it. Deal with it.

Legend = when you make a team that just won a record setting 73 games team up with one of the top 3 players in the league lol. LeBron must be in their heads.
    Facts ignored. Opinions about how the modern NBA sucks in 3...2...
    Disagree, he has done all that in a pretty weak era of basketball all while teaming up with other stars. You're free to have your own opinion, I'm not trying to change it. Imo, you put LeBron in with the era of true legends and you get another Karl Malone. He wouldn't know what to do with himself in an era where fake superstars can't run off and team up.

I would narrow it down to either Lebron vs Kobe or Lebron vs MJ.

Not really positive though since I don't know who he is a fan of.
    Either of those two guys are both silly, but no not a huge fan of either. LeBron is in the Karl Malone category imo, very good career but silly to put him amongst true legends.

I hear you but who are you going to bump down to make room there for Lebron? Imo any list that doesn't start with MJ lacks credibility, and I wasn't even a Jordan fan. Then you have Bird and Magic. Where's Kobe, Duncan, Robertson, Shaq, Russell, Olajuwon, and many others?

Personally, with the names on that list I can't see an argument that lands him in the top 5, right now. Top 10 becomes an easier argument but it's still a hell of a debate if you stay objective. At this point he is still closer to a Scottie Pippen than a Michael Jordan.
    So the modern era sucks, but only if we're talking LeBron and not Kobe, Duncan, etc. Contradicting hater logic.

Right. I value facts along with tangible contrast and comparison. You value contradicting opinions that support whatever weak argument you can find to hate on the guy.

It's painfully obvious to everyone here that you are aggravated, because

you're a LeBron hater. LeBron didn't lose the way you hoped he would, and now you're butt hurt about it. All you want to do is make others feel as miserable as you do. So I called you out on it. Deal with it.
    Once again wrong, I wasn't a fan of either team. So to assume I am miserable in any way is kind ridiculous.

What facts did you cite BTW? That Lebron hasn't had the same help as those other guys? So what, he hasn't faced near the competition of yesterdays legends that would never drop 8 points in a finals game. He didn't do enough in a lot of the games he lost. He is not near the legend of those guys and it's painfully obvious.

Once again wrong, I wasn't a fan of either team. So to assume I am miserable in any way is kind ridiculous.

What facts did you cite BTW? That Lebron hasn't had the same help as those other guys? So what, he hasn't faced near the competition of yesterdays legends that would never drop 8 points in a finals game. He didn't do enough in a lot of the games he lost. He is not near the legend of those guys and it's painfully obvious.
    The ones you didn't read. lol.

Here are some factoids for you:

3x NBA Champion
    3x Finals MVP
    4x League MVP
    Scoring Champion
    Rookie of the Year
    10x All NBA 1st team
    2x All NBA 2nd team
    5x All NBA 1st team defense
    1x All NBA 2nd team defense
    12x All Star
    2x All Star Game MVP
    32x NBA Player of the Month (1st all time)
    53x Player of the Week (1st all time)
    1st All time Career Assists by a Forward
    1st Place All Time Points Scored in All Star Games
    ONLY PLAYER IN NBA HISTORY TO AVERAGE 27 POINTS 7 REBOUNDS AND 6 ASSISTS FOR CAREER

Do yourself a favor. Copy and save this to your computer in case you forget again.

The ones you didn't read. lol.

Here are some factoids for you:

3x NBA Champion
    3x Finals MVP
    4x League MVP
    Scoring Champion
    Rookie of the Year
    10x All NBA 1st team
    2x All NBA 2nd team
    5x All NBA 1st team defense
    1x All NBA 2nd team defense
    12x All Star
    2x All Star Game MVP
    32x NBA Player of the Month (1st all time)
    53x Player of the Week (1st all time)
    1st All time Career Assists by a Forward
    1st Place All Time Points Scored in All Star Games
    ONLY PLAYER IN NBA HISTORY TO AVERAGE 27 POINTS 7 REBOUNDS AND 6 ASSISTS FOR CAREER

Do yourself a favor. Copy and save this to your computer in case you forget again.
    I read those stats, they're impressive, what about me saying he is top 10 and not 10 5 offends you so?

BTW, several of those stats are nice space fillers, but hardly good empirical evidence to suggest he is above other players.

Oh and the assists by a foward is very misleading, not a great stat.

And now the Warriors have signed David West. Sigh..... They will be tough to beat...
    Dread it.Run from it.
    Destiny arrives all the same.

Spice, I'm all for signing Wade but not at the cost of breaking the team up. Trading Love to free up space to sign Wade for a couple of years wouldn't be wise imo. I'd be willing to part with Shump, but that's about it.
    Dread it.Run from it.
    Destiny arrives all the same.

Spice, I'm all for signing Wade but not at the cost of breaking the team up. Trading Love to free up space to sign Wade for a couple of years wouldn't be wise imo. I'd be willing to part with Shump, but that's about it.
    I'd trade Love and a 1st for Blake Griffin
    Rod Smith for the HOF. TEBOW RULES!

Quote Originally Posted by HUMCALC View Post
    I'd trade Love and a 1st for Blake Griffin
    I don't know about that. Love can shoot the 3 ball and that spaces the floor out for Lebron and Kyrie. I gripe about Love, but he does bring a lot to the team. ...

I don't know about that. Love can shoot the 3 ball and that spaces the floor out for Lebron and Kyrie. I gripe about Love, but he does bring a lot to the team. ...
    Blake is a better passer and defender
    Rod Smith for the HOF. TEBOW RULES!

I have to agree with HUMCALC on the Griffin idea. Even though Love fits what they redesigned the team to do. I would still trade him for Griffin and some window dressing.