Page 112 of 166 FirstFirst ... 12 62 102 110 111 112 113 114 122 162 ... LastLast
Results 1,666 to 1,680 of 2480

Thread: NBA Thread

The combined Bulls backcourt of Rondo, Wade, and Butler has a career 3 point percentage of 30%. Not sure how that fits Hoibergs system at all. None of those guys are off the ball players. I'm happy for Wade to get paid once in his career and gets to go home. But I have no idea what the Bulls are doing, let alone the crappy depth they are going to have.

So much for that. I guess I should be used to this. Tired of the Nuggets always missing out. Come on, we were 2 games away from the finals in 2009. Something tells me we are cursed. So over this crap. I fear I will never see an NBA Championship here in Denver.

Adopted Posters - Broncoholic MS, thatkidhunt, Al Wilson 4 Mayor, Thors Hammer, McSmashie, CanDB, Peanut, BroncoManiac_69, MightyHorse, CHARGER$, Chillez, EddieMac
    Married Megan Joy on August 18th, 2013
    Proud Daddy of Jeremiah James born February 24, 2011

Adopt-A-Bronco 2013 - Champ Bailey
    Yankees, Rockies, Nuggets, Avalanche, CU Buffs
    I still miss you Jake Plummer!

Quote Originally Posted by Atwnbroncfan View Post
    The combined Bulls backcourt of Rondo, Wade, and Butler has a career 3 point percentage of 30%. Not sure how that fits Hoibergs system at all. None of those guys are off the ball players. I'm happy for Wade to get paid once in his career and gets to go home. But I have no idea what the Bulls are doing, let alone the crappy depth they are going to have.
    I like the idea of Wade mentoring our young SGs, but now Calderon's gone & I like him
    Rod Smith for the HOF. TEBOW RULES!

Quote Originally Posted by Atwnbroncfan View Post
    They definitely have an interesting roster right now, that's for sure. Their forwards are better perimeter shooters than their guards. I do have a feeling they'll be a top 4 seed in the east next season, though.

Cavaliers just picked up Mike Dunleavy Jr via trade.

Brian Windhorst Verified account ‏@WindhorstESPN

The Cavs will use a trade exception to acquire Mike Dunleavy, sources said. Dunleavy is excited about the trade.

The best thing about landing Wade, is getting Gabrielle Union

Utah has made some some really good moves by adding veterens George Hill, Joe Johnson and Boris Diaw.

The Jazz have some very good young talent and the addition of Hill at the PG will add some much needed stability there. Dennis Lindsey is quietly doing some great things in Utah. The talent/scouting dept is solid, the cap situation is great, and I love Quinn Snyder and his coaching staff.

I think the Jazz are going to earn a lot of national respect this season. Their defensive intensity is hard not to get behind. Some much needed veteran guidance is going pay some big dividends to this youthful squad.

I don't usually see too many Jazz fans around here, but as one- it is exciting to see our GM being pro active.

Quote Originally Posted by Broncoholic JS View Post
    So much for that. I guess I should be used to this. Tired of the Nuggets always missing out. Come on, we were 2 games away from the finals in 2009. Something tells me we are cursed. So over this crap. I fear I will never see an NBA Championship here in Denver.
    Be patient. Our team is young and has a lot of potential. If we can land another top 7 pick next year and for how deep the draft is we'll be in good shape. Galo will be gone and we will have the cap space for 2 max contracts to spend in FA plus room to spare. We will be alright.

Quote Originally Posted by 58_VONDOOM_92 View Post
    Be patient. Our team is young and has a lot of potential. If we can land another top 7 pick next year and for how deep the draft is we'll be in good shape. Galo will be gone and we will have the cap space for 2 max contracts to spend in FA plus room to spare. We will be alright.
    The problem is convincing someone to take your money. Having money doesn't mean you g3t a star. Best they can do is hope for Parsons type to take a max deal, if we're being realistic. Not to mention, I doubt the team is bad enough for a pick that is an instastar. Basically, we're a middle level, low desired destination. If the team doesn't make a big step, we are in position for more mediocrity for a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by the0rangecrush View Post
    The problem is convincing someone to take your money. Having money doesn't mean you g3t a star. Best they can do is hope for Parsons type to take a max deal, if we're being realistic. Not to mention, I doubt the team is bad enough for a pick that is an instastar. Basically, we're a middle level, low desired destination. If the team doesn't make a big step, we are in position for more mediocrity for a long time.
    If you're not in a major market, I think it just comes down to dumb luck, unfortunately. Even if you suck repeatedly, and rack up top five picks, there's no guarantees. 76ers have proven that. Hell, look at Cleveland getting stuck with Bennett, Oladipo, or Noel a few years ago. Go figure OKC winds up with Steven Adams. The Hawks get Schroder, and the Jazz get Gobert way down the line.

Look at how lucky we were back in 03 to suck at precisely the right time. Cavs got LeBron and the Nuggets got Melo, who was just passed on by Detroit for Darko lol. Not that it mattered, because you still would've gotten Bosh or Wade.

It's proven that having a well run team attracts free agents, but the luck factor is brutal, I think. I hope the Nuggets get it together, though. I'm really pulling for you guys to get good again.

Congrats to Tim Duncan on an amazing career. You did it the right way and are an example of professionalism in the sport. Good luck in the future. HOF 1st ballot.

Sad to see Duncan go, he was a great player- an all time legend.

He beat the Jazz so many times he's probably 3rd in wins in Utah behind Stockton and Malone.

Why hasn't Dwayne Wade signed yet?

Hearing rumblings that the Nuggets may land their superstar after all....in Westbrook. Trade is a huge possibility before the season starts, the Nuggets could offer him his payday as well.

Adopted Posters - Broncoholic MS, thatkidhunt, Al Wilson 4 Mayor, Thors Hammer, McSmashie, CanDB, Peanut, BroncoManiac_69, MightyHorse, CHARGER$, Chillez, EddieMac
    Married Megan Joy on August 18th, 2013
    Proud Daddy of Jeremiah James born February 24, 2011

Adopt-A-Bronco 2013 - Champ Bailey
    Yankees, Rockies, Nuggets, Avalanche, CU Buffs
    I still miss you Jake Plummer!

Quote Originally Posted by Broncoholic JS View Post
    Hearing rumblings that the Nuggets may land their superstar after all....in Westbrook. Trade is a huge possibility before the season starts, the Nuggets could offer him his payday as well.
    Huh where did you hear that?