Page 164 of 166 FirstFirst ... 64 114 154 162 163 164 165 166 LastLast
Results 2,446 to 2,460 of 2480

Thread: NBA Thread

Quote Originally Posted by beastlyskronk View Post
    Not really too interested in all the high profile name shakeup nonsense as I donít think any of these teams have done enough to firmly put themselves above the other teams. Obviously Kawhi can flip that with his decision and I hope he doesnít go all LBJ on us and make everyone wait just to break Torontoís hearts.

But I do want to say that Enes Kanter really irks me. He says all the right things when heís with a team aside from the Knicks benching him and then he whined about it for a bit but still portrayed himself as a victim like he always does. But once he leaves he airs out their dirty laundry. He signed with the Celtics and then posted a tweet saying the Trailblazers gave him 6 minutes to decide (likely due to the Whiteside trade being on the table) and because he canít talk to his family directly that wasnít enough time for him to decide. But Kanter knew when he signed there he would be a FA at the end of the year and he could only get a MLE contract from them in the offseason. So he really had however many months he was with Portland to decide if he wanted to be there.

Good for Enes Kanter on sticking up for what he believes in and fighting the current power in his home country, but just because youíre a victim in that situation doesnít mean you have to be a victim in every situation. Shouldíve just signed with Boston and not said anything at all.
    It would definitely be out of character if he did. Kawhi is about as classy as it gets.

Interesting take on Kanter. I'm pretty neutral about the guy, but he seems like one of those dudes who loves putting himself out there and stirring the pot.

Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    Pal....you know which way my Canadian wishes go regarding Kawhi. And regardless of my wants and wishes, I think the case for Toronto is pretty strong. They managed him with perfection, and he and his mates won it all! Hard to ignore. But he may not stay. He has choices, and they are really good choices. I hope his choice does not come down to whether or not The Lakers hire his doctors, because that sounds like it's almost done.

But I will say this, that he has come from an organization that he has gained trust in, who allowed him to sit for as long as he needed, and whose GM is not going anywhere. Whereas The Lakers and magic and all that stuff, may not be the most "together" group these days. In that regard, The Clippers seemed like our bigger competition.....good team, with a good coach, and yes, local.

But I am not going to sleep well till this is done, nor will most Raptors fans. it was an amazing journey, and I am quite sure few experts predicted the outcome. But as I say, in Toronto's defense, they made the most of what they controlled, and it ended in total success.

As for yesterday, I could not have predicted what took place in The NBA!!
    I can't speak for Canada, but having experienced both of LeBron's exits from Cleveland, I can tell you that Kawhi's timing is pretty darn good if he does leave.

Quote Originally Posted by Bronco51 View Post
    So, Twitter is all ablaze with Kawhi is a Laker. Can’t wait to hear if this is true.
    You see Chris Broussard talking about Iguodala, Danny Green, and Seth Curry going to LA then, too? People are going to lose their minds if this happens.

I guess they made Rondo an offer, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Bronco51 View Post
    So, Twitter is all ablaze with Kawhi is a Laker. Can’t wait to hear if this is true.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spice 1 View Post
    You see Chris Broussard talking about Iguodala, Danny Green, and Seth Curry going to LA then, too? People are going to lose their minds if this happens.

I guess they made Rondo an offer, too.
    This part is misery for all of us Raptor fans.....

Iím excited. The Lakers havenít been good for a long time.

On the other hand.....and I use this as a stress reliever at best.....Kawhi is not a leaky tank. I believe we will all know at the same time, rather than people finding out and passing it around via the web. He is a class act, and though he may not stay in TO, I believe he will not allow others to find out first.

Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    On the other hand.....and I use this as a stress reliever at best.....Kawhi is not a leaky tank. I believe we will all know at the same time, rather than people finding out and passing it around via the web. He is a class act, and though he may not stay in TO, I believe he will not allow others to find out first.
    Iíve always like Kawhi. It would be amazing if he ended up in my favorite team.

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    I’ve always like Kawhi. It would be amazing if he ended up in my favorite team.
    I trust he will make the very best decision for himself and his family. If he ends up on your team, it was meant to be.

So Paul George and Kawhi to the Clippers. Thatís going to be a very tough team to beat. Doesnít quite feel as tough as the Warriors team the past few seasons but they could be better with all the great defenders they have. Interesting that Kawhi chose George over LeBron and Anthony Davis, guess he didnít feel confident about them putting together the rest of the roster.

Quote Originally Posted by beastlyskronk View Post
    So Paul George and Kawhi to the Clippers. Thatís going to be a very tough team to beat. Doesnít quite feel as tough as the Warriors team the past few seasons but they could be better with all the great defenders they have. Interesting that Kawhi chose George over LeBron and Anthony Davis, guess he didnít feel confident about them putting together the rest of the roster.
    The perimeter defense with PatBev, Kawhi, and PG is going to be insane. You're going to need a dominant big to take advantage of Zubac down low to have a chance. Guys don't like playing with LeBron, no matter what they will do, they always be Robin at best, and their accomplishments are diminished time and again. AD was like screw it, the same thing happens to me in NO so why not.

This was a very rough "overnight" for Raptor fans (and I guess, Lakes too). This is actually why I lost some interest in The NBA a ways back,

When Lebron, Bosh and Wade made that splash years ago, I was totally turned off. You got 5 players on the floor, some who can play most of the game, and you allow 3 stars to join forces....which is essentially stacking the deck. Then GS not only dominated the league but kindly signed a dude named Durant, just in case they didn't already have enough. Now you have star players buddying up, and going together. to basically change the landscape of the playing field.

I know...it's legit. Doesn't make it good.

In most sports, the successful teams draft and develop, and use FA to fill gaps. Sure, some FAs are big time improvements, but teams tend to go the way of their drafts and their development programs. I like that. It gives every team a chance, and teams generally earn their way in the long run.

Now, some might say this is sour grapes from a Raptors fan. And yes, because I am disappointed, plus the fact I got woken up to it, which messed up a nice sleep....some of this is passion over anything else. BUT I will side by the route The Raptors took, which was completely different than the route other teams are taking to fatten up their lineups. The Raptors took a big league risk to "trade" for an injured star, losing one of their best in the transaction - Demar DeRozan. And knowing it was a 1 year contract. The fact that it turned into a championship was incredible, given Kawhi missed a quarter of the regular season. Plus he was hobbled in the playoffs, but managed to stay healthy enough to continue.

But for me, what The Raptors did was full of risk and some serious loss. It worked, thanks to the GM, coaches, training staff, team mates. But it was nothing like what The NBA needs to correct.....stacking teams, in a game that has so few players.

I'll move on. We had a great year! No one can take away the championship. And we love Kawhi, no matter what. Not his fault. He was our warrior, and we must respect his decision.

(To be sure, The Clippers did take some risk, by trading so much potential talent. BUT, they knew that they would land Kawhi by making the deal, so that made it a pretty easy decision. And guess who are now the #1 ranked team in BB!)
    Last edited by CanDB; 07-06-2019 at 07:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by the0rangecrush View Post
    The perimeter defense with PatBev, Kawhi, and PG is going to be insane. You're going to need a dominant big to take advantage of Zubac down low to have a chance. Guys don't like playing with LeBron, no matter what they will do, they always be Robin at best, and their accomplishments are diminished time and again. AD was like screw it, the same thing happens to me in NO so why not.
    Lol. Or, Kawhi wanted to go home, and didnít want to pull a Kevin Durant. Hard telling what he wouldíve done if West wasnít willing to ship 5 1st rounders for George. All of LeBronís former teammates like Jefferson rave about him. Only guy who mightíve had a problem was Kyrie, but yeah. Kyrie doing Kyrie things. LeBron has already offered AD his number.

Quote Originally Posted by Spice 1 View Post
    Lol. Or, Kawhi wanted to go home, and didn’t want to pull a Kevin Durant. Hard telling what he would’ve done if West wasn’t willing to ship 5 1st rounders for George. All of LeBron’s former teammates like Jefferson rave about him. Only guy who might’ve had a problem was Kyrie, but yeah. Kyrie doing Kyrie things. LeBron has already offered AD his number.
    No star player in his prime, other than Anthony Davis, has ever decided to go where LeBron James is. He had to go to Miami to team with Bosh and Wade. Maybe Kevin Love is the other one but he might have simply wanted out of Minnesota.
    Negs are Cowardly Acts of Nonsense. I wonít Back Down.
    No Matter How Stupid Your Comments Are!
    Still Not Backing Down!!!

Quote Originally Posted by broncolee View Post
    No star player in his prime, other than Anthony Davis, has ever decided to go where LeBron James is. He had to go to Miami to team with Bosh and Wade. Maybe Kevin Love is the other one but he might have simply wanted out of Minnesota.
    Guys like Bosh didnít want to play in Cleveland. You guys are making stuff up to fit the anti-LeBron narrative. Pretty simple.

In one sense it makes sense because Kawaii is more apt to be some who wants to beat the best, not ride their coat tails.

In spite of my disappointment, all the best to Kawhi…..you did everything and more for The Raptors. Thank You!!