Page 166 of 166 FirstFirst ... 66 116 156 164 165 166
Results 2,476 to 2,480 of 2480

Thread: NBA Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Bronco51 View Post
    Chris Paul for Russell Westbrook? Harden and Westbrook together? Man, can there scientifically be 2 black holes in the same vicinity? Very nice intriguing trade
    Holy cow....Oklahoma is building up an arsenal of draft picks! They get Paul, plus first-round picks in 2024 and 2026, pick swaps in 2021 and 2025. They have more draft capital then Amazon has customers!! (well, not quite)

I wonder why Westbrook thought this would be a good idea.

Was DíAntoni the only coach left that isnít going to actually coach him up?

Well, I guess people wonít deflect blame to Westbrook for not winning a championship like did when Durant was in OKC. Iím guessing Harden and Westbrook will share the blame.
    Negs are Cowardly Acts of Nonsense. I wonít Back Down.
    No Matter How Stupid Your Comments Are!
    Still Not Backing Down!!!

Quote Originally Posted by broncolee View Post
    I wonder why Westbrook thought this would be a good idea.

Was DíAntoni the only coach left that isnít going to actually coach him up?

Well, I guess people wonít deflect blame to Westbrook for not winning a championship like did when Durant was in OKC. Iím guessing Harden and Westbrook will share the blame.
    Heís played with Harden before so maybe he thinks Harden will defer to him? It really isnít a good pairing and I can already see them squabbling over rebounds for their triple doubles

I'm probably in the minority, but I think this was a good trade for Houston. They give up two first rounders, but they're probably going to move way up in 2021, because OKC is probably going to suck unless they trade all that capital for an All Star to pair with Paul. Even then, I'm doubtful, because Paul is 34, and always hurt. Those two things considered, his contract is brutal. Houston got out of a bad contract in a situation where, IMO, they had zero shot at winning an NBA Championship. The window closed on that team when Paul tweaked his hamstring a little over a year ago. On paper, Westbrook doesn't work, but that's not necessarily the point.

D'Antoni's run and gun philosophy is probably the best thing for a team that has Harden and Westbrook on the court at the same time. If they figure out how to be cohesive, they could be a major problem. If they don't, they can move either one, because what Houston essentially did was give up a couple draft picks to swap an increasingly toxic asset for an elite one. It's all about assets, and Houston now has two blue chips.

Golden State sort of did the same thing with Russell. On paper, how does it work, unless Russell becomes the pseudo Iguodala 6th man? That's not the point though, because they can move Russell for capital down the road.

I feel like the 2019/20 season is up for grabs. I know that The Clippers are favoured, but I can see a handful of teams taking The West. But I do believe The Bucks are the team to beat in The East, though it's not a certainty. Bottom line, it should be very interesting. It may come down to an injury. It will definitely come down to chemistry and depth.