Page 166 of 167 FirstFirst ... 66 116 156 164 165 166 167 LastLast
Results 2,476 to 2,490 of 2495

Thread: NBA Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Bronco51 View Post
    Chris Paul for Russell Westbrook? Harden and Westbrook together? Man, can there scientifically be 2 black holes in the same vicinity? Very nice intriguing trade
    Holy cow....Oklahoma is building up an arsenal of draft picks! They get Paul, plus first-round picks in 2024 and 2026, pick swaps in 2021 and 2025. They have more draft capital then Amazon has customers!! (well, not quite)

I wonder why Westbrook thought this would be a good idea.

Was DíAntoni the only coach left that isnít going to actually coach him up?

Well, I guess people wonít deflect blame to Westbrook for not winning a championship like did when Durant was in OKC. Iím guessing Harden and Westbrook will share the blame.
    Negs are Cowardly Acts of Nonsense. I wonít Back Down.
    No Matter How Stupid Your Comments Are!
    Still Not Backing Down!!!

Quote Originally Posted by broncolee View Post
    I wonder why Westbrook thought this would be a good idea.

Was DíAntoni the only coach left that isnít going to actually coach him up?

Well, I guess people wonít deflect blame to Westbrook for not winning a championship like did when Durant was in OKC. Iím guessing Harden and Westbrook will share the blame.
    Heís played with Harden before so maybe he thinks Harden will defer to him? It really isnít a good pairing and I can already see them squabbling over rebounds for their triple doubles

I'm probably in the minority, but I think this was a good trade for Houston. They give up two first rounders, but they're probably going to move way up in 2021, because OKC is probably going to suck unless they trade all that capital for an All Star to pair with Paul. Even then, I'm doubtful, because Paul is 34, and always hurt. Those two things considered, his contract is brutal. Houston got out of a bad contract in a situation where, IMO, they had zero shot at winning an NBA Championship. The window closed on that team when Paul tweaked his hamstring a little over a year ago. On paper, Westbrook doesn't work, but that's not necessarily the point.

D'Antoni's run and gun philosophy is probably the best thing for a team that has Harden and Westbrook on the court at the same time. If they figure out how to be cohesive, they could be a major problem. If they don't, they can move either one, because what Houston essentially did was give up a couple draft picks to swap an increasingly toxic asset for an elite one. It's all about assets, and Houston now has two blue chips.

Golden State sort of did the same thing with Russell. On paper, how does it work, unless Russell becomes the pseudo Iguodala 6th man? That's not the point though, because they can move Russell for capital down the road.

I feel like the 2019/20 season is up for grabs. I know that The Clippers are favoured, but I can see a handful of teams taking The West. But I do believe The Bucks are the team to beat in The East, though it's not a certainty. Bottom line, it should be very interesting. It may come down to an injury. It will definitely come down to chemistry and depth.

As a Jazz fan I am really impressed with Bogdanovic. I thought Conley was the big signing that was going to elevate the Jazz, but so far Bogdanovic has been the team MVP
    I really like the team the Jazz have assembled, they are still learning to play together and sometimes it shows, but the talent is definitely showing through.

For any of you NBA fans that don't get their games regularly you should check them out when possible, definitely a fun team to watch.
    The Jazz/Nuggets games this year are loaded with talent. The teams match up twice in the final 5 games, it's going to be great to watch these two battle for playoff position.

Quote Originally Posted by atwaterandstir View Post
    As a Jazz fan I am really impressed with Bogdanovic. I thought Conley was the big signing that was going to elevate the Jazz, but so far Bogdanovic has been the team MVP
    I really like the team the Jazz have assembled, they are still learning to play together and sometimes it shows, but the talent is definitely showing through.

For any of you NBA fans that don't get their games regularly you should check them out when possible, definitely a fun team to watch.
    The Jazz/Nuggets games this year are loaded with talent. The teams match up twice in the final 5 games, it's going to be great to watch these two battle for playoff position.
    Lots of great players in this league, some looking better than advertised. Doncic is another one.

My takeaways so far:

1) The LA factor is going to be a continued storyline...
    2) Golden State might be a winner in the end, if they get lucky in the lottery. Because I doubt this team, with Curry near the end, will win that many games. So bingo....a shot at a young star, combined with Curry and Klay in 20/21.
    3) Boston looks really competitive so far.
    4) My Raptors are also surprisingly competitive, minus Kawhi, and for a big chunk, Lowry and Ibaka,
    5) Overall, I think this season will be one of the most balanced in a long time, in terms of the number of high level contending teams. I like it!

I agree with you Can- it's going to be really competitive this year.
    One thing is for certain, you are going to have to be a really good basketball team to survive the gauntlet this year. I don't know as much about Eastern Conference teams but there are some really good teams atop the West.
    Last edited by atwaterandstir; 11-21-2019 at 02:45 PM.

One thing is for certain, you are going to have to be a really good basketball team to survive the gauntlet this year. I don't know as much about Eastern Conference teams but there are some really good teams atop the West.
    I think top 6 in the west could all get the 1 seed. This is because Kawhi rests, and LeBron probably will. Jazz and Mavs would probably need some things to go their way though where Houston and the Nugs are concerned. Nothing has really surprised me so far this year. Harden and Westbrook is working well enough. Celtics are better with Kemba than Kyrie. Jimmy Butler is a difference maker, and the 6ers aren't going to win the East w/o him Idt. Also, that team around Leonard last year really was legit so far. They played lights out in the Finals, and they're still playing at a high level. I don't see anybody in the east beating Boston though. Milwaukee might do it, but as I touched on last year, this is very similar to the original LeBron/Cavs formula. They would get smashed in the Finals.

Finally got that Houston monkey off our back last night... man, I wasn't sure we'd ever beat that team. Ha

We had 1 win against them last year, but this one coming earlier is a positive sign.

I dislike Harden so much. He hit 5 Nuggets in the head and last night and only one was called. They didnít even call the most egregious one where he literally just backhanded Murray for no reason before passing the ball. Someone has got to knock some sense into him at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by beastlyskronk View Post
    I dislike Harden so much. He hit 5 Nuggets in the head and last night and only one was called. They didnít even call the most egregious one where he literally just backhanded Murray for no reason before passing the ball. Someone has got to knock some sense into him at some point.
    I always thought it was silly how NBA referees act like they can't tell the difference between incidental and intentional contact. Draymond Green does stuff like this constantly, and rarely gets called for it. When he does get called for something, he acts like a 2 year old. For the life of me, I can't figure out why nobody has taken Draymond out. I mean full on undercut take that dude out, because he's out there trying to hurt people.

It's like when Kobe used to swat people over the head after they blocked his shot, and he got away with it for a little while. Draymond does the same thing except he kicks people. You just look at the ref like, "Brah, have you EVER played basketball in your life?" lol.

Wade, Pierce, and Paul were all notorious for this too. I think Wade ended Rajon Rondo's season one time tripping him or something after he got ripped.

The East has a handful of good teams, therefore both sides will be fun to watch come playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by beastlyskronk View Post
    I dislike Harden so much. He hit 5 Nuggets in the head and last night and only one was called. They didn’t even call the most egregious one where he literally just backhanded Murray for no reason before passing the ball. Someone has got to knock some sense into him at some point.
    I hate watching him play

2019 Adopted Bronco: Phillip Lindsay
    2013 Adopt-a-poster: #87Birdman, AZ Snake Fan,
    BSD, Housh, Humcalc and Sophia

The West seems to have big games all the time lately! This is why I like parity, though it is not exactly league wide.