Page 169 of 171 FirstFirst ... 69 119 159 167 168 169 170 171 LastLast
Results 2,521 to 2,535 of 2554

Thread: NBA Thread

First two episodes in, it has not disappointed at all, in my opinion. Probably could've watched another 5 hours of that tonight alone, looking forward to next week already.
    Administrator

The sports world is a wasteland to the point that all we will see now is 24 hours of “who is the best”. I had to turn off the sports shows already.

Quote Originally Posted by Bronco51 View Post
    The sports world is a wasteland to the point that all we will see now is 24 hours of “who is the best”. I had to turn off the sports shows already.
    lol. I turned them off a month ago. Here's my condensed version. Michael Jordan and Durant Warriors.

Sad day for Jazz fans and the rest of the NBA. Jerry Sloan was definitely one of the tough guys and as a Coach his strengths played through his players. He helped give us Jazz fans 13 seasons with more than 50 wins.....but we took a huge loss today. RIP Coach Sloan
    Last edited by atwaterandstir; 05-22-2020 at 09:03 AM.

So how does this whole shutdown effect everything beyond this season? The latest I’ve seen is that they want to push to have games in July? Surely the NBA wouldn’t start the next season the same time, so would it be a shortened season to get back on track?

Jazz/Pelicans on now.

Wow what a great feeling to watch again!

Interesting to watch basketball being played in the bubble.

Other than the awkward sideline interviews of coaches and the shoes squeaking- I rather enjoyed it. A little pumped in noise would help a ton and I hope they figure something out there.

Interesting games already....Lakers and Clippers sure had a good battle last night! Looks like these teams are almost back to top form already!! I can see them getting to full level soon, because playing in a bubble will give them complete and almost undistracted focus on the games ahead.

Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    Interesting games already....Lakers and Clippers sure had a good battle last night! Looks like these teams are almost back to top form already!! I can see them getting to full level soon, because playing in a bubble will give them complete and almost undistracted focus on the games ahead.
    It's going to get ultra competitive in my opinion.
    Nothing to do but collect wins.

Dame Lillard has in the gym range. Lakers might be a tad bit worried if he really gets cooking.

Quote Originally Posted by Bronco51 View Post
    Dame Lillard has in the gym range. Lakers might be a tad bit worried if he really gets cooking.
    Lillard is an animal. I don’t think he gets the recognition he deserves.

Couple of upsets already. I can see a couple of upsets in the playoffs, just as I did for hockey, because teams need to play for a while to get back their chemistry/timing.

Haha...then again, in The Lakers' case, it's not easy to stop 3 pointers taken way past the 3 point line!!!
    Last edited by CanDB; 08-19-2020 at 08:33 AM.

Utah is going to have to bring the same level of energy if they are going to win today. The Jazz are hard to beat when Ingles is playing well so Mondays game was really tough to take. Mitchell is amazing, Clarkson is a tremendous spark when he comes off the bench, but when Ingles is hitting from outside and gets into a scoring groove, he really opens up lanes... more so than Conley even.

I hate playing these Nuggets, they seem to have Utah pretty well covered. Murray and Jokic are tough and they are going to be tough for any team to beat 4 times.

Great game by Utah.
    As a fan I feel much more confident with Ingles getting the bulk of the minutes over Conley. I hope Conleys return doesn't slow down the momentum we are building vs Den.

Clarkson has been just what we have needed for years....a scoring threat off the bench. I'm not sure there is a better fit in the league for him than in Utahs rotation. Not having Bogdanovich really takes away a big scoring threat and I think Utah would be on a lot more radars if he were here and healthy.

Yesterday's games were not so exciting, I'm hoping for some good ones today

Just saw the bodycam video of President Masai Ujiri being shoved twice by the security guard, at least year's final. Ujiri was on a nice high as his team just won the championship, and was apparently trying to show his credentials so that he could join the team on the floor. Instead, it appears, he got shoved on 2 occasions. He did shove back after, but based on video evidence, the other individual initiated the altercation, and should have known better.

Apparently this video was observed soon after the altercation, and yet here we are, over a year later, with Ujiri having to countersue the guard. Unless we are missing some important information, this seems unjustified, and should have been dealt with immediately.