MEM
    DEN
    NO

Cleveland wins it all!
    Dread it.Run from it.
    Destiny arrives all the same.

Quote Originally Posted by ELWAY421 View Post
    Cleveland wins it all!
    I sure hope not. I don't think it happens in year one if history as taught us anything in basketball especially it takes couple of years for completely new cast to gel together and find that chemistry no matter how great the team looks on paper. For example look at Miami Heat no championship their first year playing together, I expect same thing to happen to Cavs this season.

Quote Originally Posted by Chillez View Post
    I sure hope not. I don't think it happens in year one if history as taught us anything in basketball especially it takes couple of years for completely new cast to gel together and find that chemistry no matter how great the team looks on paper. For example look at Miami Heat no championship their first year playing together, I expect same thing to happen to Cavs this season.
    I would tend to agree with you but for the fact that there is a lack of quality to stand in there way. I think the new big three is a better fit.

I see no problem with them getting out of the East. They are the already the best team and will feast on that division. The Bulls would appear to be their only challenger and I wouldn't bank on that team keeping it together.

For the title-
    SA - Still good but a year older but Cavs would match up well with an actual PG that can make plays
    Clips - They seem to have the talent but can't seem to get it together in the playoffs. If they can make it out of the West that would be a fun matchup.
    OKC - Once KD is healthy they'll roll, but I'm just not sure if they can get over the hump. KD and Westrook, something just doesn't say champs to me.
    Houston - Too much drama with their two headed diva
    GS - They may put it together this year. I could see them stepping up.
    Dallas - I don't think they'll have it, but wouldn't it be odd/cool if they beat Lebron again?
    Portland - I like them but still not convinced they can make it out of the West.

I agree with both of you, I should have said I hope Cleveland wins it all. However I do feel this team will mesh better than the first year the big 3 were together & in the end I feel they have a real shot. It's great for the city of Cleveland and the state of Ohio, great for basketball imo.
    Dread it.Run from it.

Quote Originally Posted by MegaOrange View Post
    I would tend to agree with you but for the fact that there is a lack of quality to stand in there way. I think the new big three is a better fit.

I see no problem with them getting out of the East. They are the already the best team and will feast on that division. The Bulls would appear to be their only challenger and I wouldn't bank on that team keeping it together.

For the title-
    SA - Still good but a year older but Cavs would match up well with an actual PG that can make plays
    Clips - They seem to have the talent but can't seem to get it together in the playoffs. If they can make it out of the West that would be a fun matchup.
    OKC - Once KD is healthy they'll roll, but I'm just not sure if they can get over the hump. KD and Westrook, something just doesn't say champs to me.
    Houston - Too much drama with their two headed diva
    GS - They may put it together this year. I could see them stepping up.
    Dallas - I don't think they'll have it, but wouldn't it be odd/cool if they beat Lebron again?
    Portland - I like them but still not convinced they can make it out of the West.
    I think the main thing that held the Heat back in '10-'11 (aside from Dirk transforming into 6'11 Larry Bird) was ultimately Spoelstra and those stupid high/low sets. He almost went exclusively to a motion offense after that season. That, and he spaced the court better with Wade/Bron/Bosch, while better utilizing their skill sets. In his defense though, it worked fine until they hit Dallas.

Not sure how it's going to work out this season. Watching a couple of their preseason games, they've got a ways to go.

What's the over/under on Westbrook's shot attempts per game with Durant out? 32? lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Spice 1 View Post
    I think the main thing that held the Heat back in '10-'11 (aside from Dirk transforming into 6'11 Larry Bird) was ultimately Spoelstra and those stupid high/low sets. He almost went exclusively to a motion offense after that season. That, and he spaced the court better with Wade/Bron/Bosch, while better utilizing their skill sets. In his defense though, it worked fine until they hit Dallas.

Not sure how it's going to work out this season. Watching a couple of their preseason games, they've got a ways to go.

What's the over/under on Westbrook's shot attempts per game with Durant out? 32? lol.
    Oh man, that may kill OKC. If Westbrook goes crazy with shots but performs well, that ego will EXPLODE! KD was team/humble enough to give back once Westbrook came back from his injury. I don't know if Westbrook would do the same.

yes im a lakers fan but have been since/because of magic.

anyone think kd will leave kc after this year? if so where does he go?
    Glen Haven Fire

Quote Originally Posted by armedequation View Post

I think there is a real possibility that KD goes home to DC. It's home & they have a good core already, almost similar to the Lebron going home situation. It'll be interesting, it'd be crazy if a couple years of free agency could balance the east/west power thing out.
    Dread it.Run from it.

Quote Originally Posted by ELWAY421 View Post
    I think there is a real possibility that KD goes home to DC. It's home & they have a good core already, almost similar to the Lebron going home situation. It'll be interesting, it'd be crazy if a couple years of free agency could balance the east/west power thing out.
    it would be about time too cause the east hasnt been that great as a conference in a while
    Last edited by armedequation; 10-16-2014 at 03:40 PM.
    Glen Haven Fire

Bump this thread in couple of years, If and big IF OKC does not win championship the core of Durant/Westbrook will break up Durant will go back to his hometown in DC to play with the Wizards, and Westbrook will return home to Lakers. He played college ball at UCLA and grow up in Long Beach, California and was diehard Laker/Kobe fan growing up, I think he will come here after Kobe retires.

Nice to see another fellow Laker fan around these parts. I assume you think Magic the best player in Lakers history?

Quote Originally Posted by Chillez View Post
    Nice to see another fellow Laker fan around these parts. I assume you think Magic the best player in Lakers history?
    probably between him and kareem followed by kobe. magic was to bball what manning is to football. night in and out he got everyone involved. kobe doesnt do that. i dont know the facts but ive never heard of another player playing all 5 positions

magic definitely had help though. worthy imo was underrated.
    yeah its nice having another laker fan here...

what are your thoughts on how randle will play out? was ticked when i heard about nash but i didnt expect him to stay healthy. seems a praying mantis can breath on him and hed get injured
    Glen Haven Fire

probably between him and kareem followed by kobe. magic was to bball what manning is to football. night in and out he got everyone involved. kobe doesnt do that. i dont know the facts but ive never heard of another player playing all 5 positions

magic definitely had help though. worthy imo was underrated.
    yeah its nice having another laker fan here...

what are your thoughts on how randle will play out? was ticked when i heard about nash but i didnt expect him to stay healthy. seems a praying mantis can breath on him and hed get injured
    Magic Johnson, Jerry West, and Shaq have said that Kobe is the greatest Lakers player of all time. Not only is Kobe the leader in just about all Lakers categories he has played the longest on this team than anyone. I don't know that there has been any player who wore the P&G that gave his blood, sweat, and tears to this team (and to this game, for that matter) quite the way Kobe has. Even after playing 18 seasons, he's still evolving as a player, still accepting challenges and finding ways to win. It's that tireless passion and hunger that helped him win championships and MVP trophies, outlast all his contemporaries, and capture our hearts as fans. He is the gold standard to which all future Lakers will be measured against. Kobe had a great player in Shaq and a very good player in Gasol. 5 rings while Magic had Worthy, Cooper, Kareem, Scott, etc those Showtime Laker teams were loaded top to bottom Kobe never had that luxury. At worst Kobe/Magic are 1A/1B Kareem not in the discussion as a Laker only.

Peyton Manning at the moment is the Lebron James of the NBA in their respected sports both have some of the greatest stats and numbers across the board compared to their peers, but are lacking playoff and championship success some due to their lack of killer instinct at times and are passive in the big moments hurts them in someways are front runners when things are going great everything awesome but when adversity hits they fold more times than not. Anyway on onto Randle I loved when the Lakers drafted him at #7 I wanted him real bad. He is very raw right now pretty athletic kid still has many things he needs to work on those being his outside jump shoot, defense, post game, which will improve with time and more practice.
    Last edited by Chillez; 10-20-2014 at 01:52 AM.

I always believed If Magic never got HIV disease he would of rivaled MJ as the greatest ever. I mean 9 finals, 5 rings, in 12 year career is crazy impressive anyway you look at it that's basically making the NBA Finals every other season such a great feat. Magic won championships at every level High School, College, NBA, you name it he did it. Magic is the greatest leader in sports history.