Page 51 of 167 FirstFirst ... 41 49 50 51 52 53 61 101 151 ... LastLast

Thread: NBA Thread

So I watched the Bulls vs Cavs & both teams treated the game like a regular season game & the Cavs rolled! It's a long way to go but I like the Cavs to win it all this year! Is it that far fetched?
    Dread it.Run from it.
    Destiny arrives all the same.

Quote Originally Posted by ELWAY421 View Post
    So I watched the Bulls vs Cavs & both teams treated the game like a regular season game & the Cavs rolled! It's a long way to go but I like the Cavs to win it all this year! Is it that far fetched?
    Nah, not far fetched at all they could but I don't think Cavs will year one.

how does love look as a cav?

i really wanted him to go back to la but the wolves suck so...
    Glen Haven Fire

Quote Originally Posted by armedequation View Post
    how does love look as a cav?

i really wanted him to go back to la but the wolves suck so...
    Tonight's game is going to be interesting. A lot of expectations are being put on the Cavs this year. Rightly so, I suppose, but once they hit a rough patch, there are going to be a lot of people trying to bury them because of it.

After two games, I have a bad feeling about your Lakers this year. Worse than before. I was never sold on Scott as a coach and here's why:

The Lakers have only had 5 players shoot at least 50% in their first two games. The rest of the team is 39 for 122. Shot selection is abysmal. There are six other teams shooting a lower percentage than LA right now. The problem is that they have all played only 1 game, and Kobe is shooting around his projected percentage from the field. Provided that Kobe brings his percentage up to .450 as expected, that's only roughly a 1 shot improvement right now. Taking into consideration that no team in the league shot worse than 43% from the field last year, this is a major red flag. It's up to Scott to figure out what he's got with this roster, and make adjustments. Idk if that's going to work out, because I don't have a lot of faith in him. I think CP3 had more to do with his earlier success than anything.

The one saving grace is that if LA can play defense this season, Kobe can get hot and win games by himself. So right now, although it's early, I see this as possibly being the worst season in Lakers history.

Yes......the Big Return tonight! I am a sucker for this kind of event. I may not be the biggest Lebron fan, but I am very happy for the folks of Cleveland and surrounding area. They will be PUMPED!!

Tonight should be great tv......for me anyway, between my hockey, football and basketball games!

Couldn't have been a better start to the new Cleveland era as far as I'm concerned.

People forget the Heat went through growing pains when they did this too.

Quote Originally Posted by DenverBlood View Post
    Couldn't have been a better start to the new Cleveland era as far as I'm concerned.

People forget the Heat went through growing pains when they did this too.
    This isn't a sixteen game season man, plenty of time to get it all figured out. Rest assure it'll get figured out.
    Dread it.Run from it.

Too much emotion out there last night. Roles are not played, and typical style (I guess that is yet to be determined) is confused when there's such a distraction going on. Lebron looked nervous at times.

They'll be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by ELWAY421 View Post
    This isn't a sixteen game season man, plenty of time to get it all figured out. Rest assure it'll get figured out.
    Did I say it was? no.

I said people have been hyping them up all offseason. And I'm sure they will get ripped to shreds today for losing. I didn't say I would be the one doing the ripping.

And I was saying that those people will forget that it didn't come together right away for the Heat either.

Relax I think we are saying the same thing and you just didn't realize it because I said I was glad they lost.

I can root against Lebron without thinking their season is over.

Quote Originally Posted by DenverBlood View Post
    Did I say it was? no.

I said people have been hyping them up all offseason. And I'm sure they will get ripped to shreds today for losing. I didn't say I would be the one doing the ripping.

And I was saying that those people will forget that it didn't come together right away for the Heat either.

Relax I think we are saying the same thing and you just didn't realize it because I said I was glad they lost.

I can root against Lebron without thinking their season is over.
    I'm perfectly calm, dude. I understood what you were saying, you root against Lebron just like I root against the SEC. Cool thing is Lebron and company get 81 more shots at it.
    Dread it.Run from it.

That was hard to watch. I figured Blatt might be farther ahead in the game than he is right now. The only thing that resembled offense last night was LeBron and Verejao on the pick and roll. I like that starting five, but nobody seems to recognize a defined role, save for maybe Love and definitely Andy. Towards the end there, Kyrie finally took over, and they started having success. Time for he and LeBron to figure it out, just like LBJ and Wade did.

The Knicks probably ran through the triangle a handful of times, but looked way more cohesive out there. Let the growing pains begin.

IMO, once the Knicks become familiar with that offense, I think they have a shot at being a pretty good team this year. Larkin actually reminds me of Fisher a little.

If they make the finals, Cavs will get smoked by whichever team they play from the West. The bright side is that, once they get it all figured it out, the Cavs look like they'll be a top 2 team in the East with the Bulls.

Thunder are going to be a very dangerous 7th or 8th seed once Westbrook and Durant come back. Mavericks are going to be a top 3 team in the West this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Spice 1 View Post
    IMO, once the Knicks become familiar with that offense, I think they have a shot at being a pretty good team this year. Larkin actually reminds me of Fisher a little.
    ny setup right now is what i wanted for the lakers. ive never been a fan of kupcheks trade all our draft picks style.

lakers year is done. wish they would have amnestied nash, and gotten darren collison. tough break for randle.
    Glen Haven Fire

Quote Originally Posted by armedequation View Post
    ny setup right now is what i wanted for the lakers. ive never been a fan of kupcheks trade all our draft picks style.

lakers year is done. wish they would have amnestied nash, and gotten darren collison. tough break for randle.
    On a positive note though, Ed Davis has been ballin.