Page 57 of 166 FirstFirst ... 7 47 55 56 57 58 59 67 107 157 ... LastLast

Thread: NBA Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Spice 1 View Post
    Early in the game, Dunleavy basically punches Carter-Williams in the face:

Later in the game, he gives an open hand shot to Antetokounmpo, who then retaliates:

The refs have to get it together first off. And.... yes Perkins won't be allowing that against the Cavaliers. How could the refs miss that? I feel the refs are the reason the Cavs/ Celtics game got out of control. The commissioner has to hold these refs accountable for the way they're calling these games.
    Dread it.Run from it.
    Destiny arrives all the same.

Quote Originally Posted by ELWAY421 View Post
    The refs have to get it together first off. And.... yes Perkins won't be allowing that against the Cavaliers. How could the refs miss that? I feel the refs are the reason the Cavs/ Celtics game got out of control. The commissioner has to hold these refs accountable for the way they're calling these games.
    Well, couple things from my perspective. I'm sure you remember how back in the day, as late as the early 90's, this was normal playoff basketball. The way the game is officiated during the regular season now though, it's such a stark contrast that guys aren't used to it. So you end up with excessive retaliation.

Idk if the league is just telling the refs to swallow the whistle in order to create these situations, boosting ratings, or if it has to do with a new commissioner's interpretation of playoff ball. I don't know. Personally, I like old school ball, but you have to either call it even or don't call it at all. If you're going to let a guy get away with murder the entire game, you can't start throwing people out and suspending them when the other guy gets theirs. What's good for the goose is good for the gander.

On a side note Perkins probably should've been suspended for that screen on Crowder. I guess I'm kind of sensitive to all of it because it cost the Cavs Kevin, and probably a shot at the title. Wiggins is the rookie of the year, and Love could walk. Wouldn't that be a buzzkill.
    Last edited by ELWAY421; 05-01-2015 at 01:16 PM.
    Dread it.Run from it.

Well, couple things from my perspective. I'm sure you remember how back in the day, as late as the early 90's, this was normal playoff basketball. The way the game is officiated during the regular season now though, it's such a stark contrast that guys aren't used to it. So you end up with excessive retaliation.

Idk if the league is just telling the refs to swallow the whistle in order to create these situations, boosting ratings, or if it has to do with a new commissioner's interpretation of playoff ball. I don't know. Personally, I like old school ball, but you have to either call it even or don't call it at all. If you're going to let a guy get away with murder the entire game, you can't start throwing people out and suspending them when the other guy gets theirs. What's good for the goose is good for the gander.
    I'm cool with being physical, and the way the game was played in the 80's, and 90's, but when people start getting their arms ripped out of their shoulders I have to draw the line. Then again that's how the Pistons of the 80's and 90's always played. I'm just PO'd about Love getting hurt.
    Dread it.Run from it.

On a side note Perkins probably should've been suspended for that screen on Crowder. I guess I'm kind of sensitive to all of it because it cost the Cavs Kevin, and probably a shot at the title. Wiggins is the rookie of the year, and Love could walk. Wouldn't that be a buzzkill.
    I don't think Kevin's leaving...'course I didn't think Bron was going to bolt the first time either. Wiggins is gunna be good.

Man...I don't know about you, but I'm not sure that I'm mentally prepared to hear Joakim Noah and Pau Gasol scream like drunk guys in MMA shirts every time they get a rebound for seven games. Guess we're gunna find out how much LeBron and Kyrie really want it.

Can't believe I'm hearing people defend Mike Dunleavy today. The retaliation may have been excessive, but it was bound to happen. If you go around throwing deliberate head shots at people, somebody's going to come after you. Are people really this naive? I heard it said that the retaliation was because he's white. lol. Somebody tell JR Smith and Kendrick Perkins that Jae Crowder is black. That's a load of garbage.

HUMCALC: What's your take on this. I know he plays on your team and all, but objectively, are you sitting here today feeling bad for Dunleavy? Not even feeling bad for the guy, but are you shocked by the excess of the retaliation?
    Personally I don't think Dunleavy didn't do anything that bad. Especially since Zaza has gotten away with a lot worse, and that spear easily could have crippled Dunleavy

Quote Originally Posted by HUMCALC View Post
    Personally I don't think Dunleavy didn't do anything that bad. Especially since Zaza has gotten away with a lot worse, and that spear easily could have crippled Dunleavy
    Dunleavy and Zaza both have reputations, and have been dirty throughout the series, so that's fair. Taking shots at a guy's head like that, though. At that point you're just begging to get hammered. I mean, Carter-Williams missed a lot of the first half because they were in the locker room checking to make sure his jaw wasn't messed up.

EDIT: let me reiterate that I DO think that Antetokounmpo went overboard, though. I guess I'm just not as surprised or shocked by it as others seem to be.
    Last edited by Spice 1; 05-01-2015 at 01:45 PM.

I don't think Kevin's leaving...'course I didn't think Bron was going to bolt the first time either. Wiggins is gunna be good.

Man...I don't know about you, but I'm not sure that I'm mentally prepared to hear Joakim Noah and Pau Gasol scream like drunk guys in MMA shirts every time they get a rebound for seven games. Guess we're gunna find out how much LeBron and Kyrie really want it.
    I think Bron and Kyrie will be fine. They need Shump, Thompson, Moz to all be big. It wouldn't hurt to get some good play from Miller and also. Keep that Dellavedova on the bench. Lol

Miller and Marion. Ha

Sorry dude I'm on my phone.
    Last edited by ELWAY421; 05-01-2015 at 02:04 PM.
    Dread it.Run from it.

I think Bron and Kyrie will be fine. They need Shump, Thompson, Moz to all be big. It wouldn't hurt to get some good play from Miller and also. Keep that Dellavedova on the bench. Lol
    No love the Delly Tre? lol. I will say that he is one of the better lob pass throwers in the league. And he plays like someone stuck a mouse trap in his underwear.

No love the Delly Tre? lol. I will say that he is one of the better lob pass throwers in the league. And he plays like someone stuck a mouse trap in his underwear.
    His defense is horrid, and he's shooting scared since the playoffs started. I think the series will go 7, they'll split the first two, and then my boy JR will be back = Game On!!!
    Dread it.Run from it.

Nice flop by Paul.

Great game, great series. Sucks this had to be a first round matchup. Might be the end of the Spurs dynasty.

The Cavaliers flat out disappointed me tonight! Gonna be a long series...... Or.... a short one. Sigh.
    Dread it.Run from it.

Hey, I just had a brilliant idea. Check it out....Ok, so we start Mike Miller. Then, we put Mike Miller on Mike Dunleavy. Got it? Ok, now Mike Dunleavy turns into Mike Jordan. See?

Gunna be a long series. I got to see the Pau Gasol/Joakim Noah double scream, though. Orgasmic.

Hey, I just had a brilliant idea. Check it out....Ok, so we start Mike Miller. Then, we put Mike Miller on Mike Dunleavy. Got it? Ok, now Mike Dunleavy turns into Mike Jordan. See?

Gunna be a long series. I got to see the Pau Gasol/Joakim Noah double scream, though. Orgasmic.
    Dude, if we could only trade Kevin Love for the Celtics head coach, and sell Blatts contract back to Russia we'd be in good shape.

In all seriousness, hopefully JR makes a difference.
    Dread it.Run from it.