Page 61 of 166 FirstFirst ... 11 51 59 60 61 62 63 71 111 161 ... LastLast

Thread: NBA Thread

Quote Originally Posted by ELWAY421 View Post
    The Bulls couldn't knock Cleveland out because besides Butler they lack superstars! Gasol was a bust in that series besides in game 1, and Rose was only at his best when riding his exercise bike. The Bulls don't have a Lebron. Even with Love out, and Kyrie at 40% the fact remains the cavaliers were the better team. You're just being a sore loser.
    Joakim Noah and Taj Gibson getting clowned the entire series by Tristan Thompson probably had something to do with it, too.

The Bulls couldn't knock Cleveland out because besides Butler they lack superstars! Gasol was a bust in that series besides in game 1, and Rose was only at his best when riding his exercise bike. The Bulls don't have a Lebron. Even with Love out, and Kyrie at 40% the fact remains the cavaliers were the better team. You're just being a sore loser.
    I LOVE LeBron James, but CLE got away with murder in this series. Butler and Rose drove to the basket, they'd get hammered, and no call. Yet on the other end, CLE went to the FT line almost double the time. In game 5 Taj got a leg-lock applied on him, and yet he's the one who got ejected & the perpetrator got away with it. I hope that now CHI is out, that either CLE or LAC take it all. I just wish that the CLE/CHI series had been fairly officiated

Quote Originally Posted by HUMCALC View Post
    I LOVE LeBron James, but CLE got away with murder in this series. Butler and Rose drove to the basket, they'd get hammered, and no call. Yet on the other end, CLE went to the FT line almost double the time. In game 5 Taj got a leg-lock applied on him, and yet he's the one who got ejected & the perpetrator got away with it. I hope that now CHI is out, that either CLE or LAC take it all. I just wish that the CLE/CHI series had been fairly officiated
    If the Cavs had lost, there'd be Cavs fans blaming the refs just like you are. The officiating was random both ways throughout the series. Welcome to the NBA. Butler aside, Derrick Rose shot more free throws in the Cavs series than he did in the Bucks series. LeBron actually shot fewer free throws per game in the Bulls series than in the Celtics series.

If you watch that entire play, Gibson knocked Dellavedova on the ground and then jumped on top of him. The only thing Dellavedova did wrong was he boxed out a little hard. I agree that Gibson shouldn't have been ejected. That was a dumb decision by the refs, but Brooks could have been ejected for running up and shoving JR Smith from behind. On top of that, the Bulls were down by double digits at that point, and made a run afterwards to tie the game late. If anything, it helped the Bulls. Maybe it motivated them, or maybe Taj Gibson just sucks.

I don't dislike you at all, it just irks me, because I just saw Chicago fans sitting courtside with a giant poster of LeBron crying. Hypocrisy isn't a good look for Bulls fans, because they are actually the best fans in the NBA. It's disappointing.

Quote Originally Posted by Spice 1 View Post
    If the Cavs had lost, there'd be Cavs fans blaming the refs just like you are. The officiating was random both ways throughout the series. Welcome to the NBA. Butler aside, Derrick Rose shot more free throws in the Cavs series than he did in the Bucks series. LeBron actually shot fewer free throws per game in the Bulls series than in the Celtics series.

If you watch that entire play, Gibson knocked Dellavedova on the ground and then jumped on top of him. The only thing Dellavedova did wrong was he boxed out a little hard. I agree that Gibson shouldn't have been ejected. That was a dumb decision by the refs, but Brooks could have been ejected for running up and shoving JR Smith from behind. On top of that, the Bulls were down by double digits at that point, and made a run afterwards to tie the game late. If anything, it helped the Bulls. Maybe it motivated them, or maybe Taj Gibson just sucks.

I don't dislike you at all, it just irks me, because I just saw Chicago fans sitting courtside with a giant poster of LeBron crying. Hypocrisy isn't a good look for Bulls fans, because they are actually the best fans in the NBA. It's disappointing.
    1. I'm not disagreeing with what you are saying. I don't like it when fans try to blame officiating for why their team lost. Officiating is bad in the NBA but I typically find that it usually evens out. Yes they favor stars but I don't believe it's so rigged to make sure someone like Lebron wins. If that was the case he wouldn't have lost to the Spurs last year. Better teams are just better.

but....

2. You can't let stuff like the Lebron crying posters bug you. It's just what we fans do that don't like Lebron. It's called trash talk. When it comes to trash talk Hypocrisy is the name of the game. Otherwise it wouldn't be trash talk.

That aside I'm very disappointed that the Clippers blew that series. They were a fun team to watch and I was starting to believe in them as serious contenders. Houston is just living on borrowed time to me.

But I'm also disappointed because if the Clippers advanced it would've guaranteed a first in our lifetime of the team winning the title. Cavs, Hawks, Warriors, Clippers are usually franchises in misery. Yes Lebron has 2 but the Cavs still don't. So it would've guaranteed bucking the trends of the NBA that only a few large market teams can in. Technically this is still all medium or small market. (Ok I realize Clippers would've been large market but a history of mediocrity) Just nice to see freshness in the NBA this deep in the playoffs. Even Houston it's been 20 years.

Quote Originally Posted by DenverBlood View Post
    1. I'm not disagreeing with what you are saying. I don't like it when fans try to blame officiating for why their team lost. Officiating is bad in the NBA but I typically find that it usually evens out. Yes they favor stars but I don't believe it's so rigged to make sure someone like Lebron wins. If that was the case he wouldn't have lost to the Spurs last year. Better teams are just better.

but....

2. You can't let stuff like the Lebron crying posters bug you. It's just what we fans do that don't like Lebron. It's called trash talk. When it comes to trash talk Hypocrisy is the name of the game. Otherwise it wouldn't be trash talk.

That aside I'm very disappointed that the Clippers blew that series. They were a fun team to watch and I was starting to believe in them as serious contenders. Houston is just living on borrowed time to me.

But I'm also disappointed because if the Clippers advanced it would've guaranteed a first in our lifetime of the team winning the title. Cavs, Hawks, Warriors, Clippers are usually franchises in misery. Yes Lebron has 2 but the Cavs still don't. So it would've guaranteed bucking the trends of the NBA that only a few large market teams can in. Technically this is still all medium or small market. (Ok I realize Clippers would've been large market but a history of mediocrity) Just nice to see freshness in the NBA this deep in the playoffs. Even Houston it's been 20 years.
    What do you have against LeBron? Just curious.

What do you have against LeBron? Just curious.
    It initially only stemmed as a competitive thing. Being a Nuggets fan I obviously wanted Carmelo to get a ring before Lebron. To prove that we got the right guy. Which obviously turned out to be major wrong.

Then it just grew from there. I think he is an extremely cocky, arrogant player. Not as much now as he used to be but the seeds were already planted. And I really think the attitudes of Lebron and Wade in Miami were the worst. It was like watching the school bullies laugh together because they just treated someone like crap. I really think Lebron rubbed off on Wade a ton.

At this point in his career it's not really anything he is doing anymore. I really think he has grown up and matured for the most part. Maybe still some arrogance here and there. But at this point after 12 years the seeds are planted. Every fan has reasons for disliking or even hating certain players in sports. Even if said player changes the opinions usually don't from a fan perspective.

oh and almost forgot to mention some of the hate is to no fault of Lebron James. 12 years of ignorant gushing and swooning by media will make any fan vomit. Considering a lot of it was never earned by Lebron until he went to the Heat. I grew sick quickly of all the comparisons to MJ when Lebron hadn't earned that right.

It initially only stemmed as a competitive thing. Being a Nuggets fan I obviously wanted Carmelo to get a ring before Lebron. To prove that we got the right guy. Which obviously turned out to be major wrong.

Then it just grew from there. I think he is an extremely cocky, arrogant player. Not as much now as he used to be but the seeds were already planted. And I really think the attitudes of Lebron and Wade in Miami were the worst. It was like watching the school bullies laugh together because they just treated someone like crap. I really think Lebron rubbed off on Wade a ton.

At this point in his career it's not really anything he is doing anymore. I really think he has grown up and matured for the most part. Maybe still some arrogance here and there. But at this point after 12 years the seeds are planted. Every fan has reasons for disliking or even hating certain players in sports. Even if said player changes the opinions usually don't from a fan perspective.

oh and almost forgot to mention some of the hate is to no fault of Lebron James. 12 years of ignorant gushing and swooning by media will make any fan vomit. Considering a lot of it was never earned by Lebron until he went to the Heat. I grew sick quickly of all the comparisons to MJ when Lebron hadn't earned that right.
    All legitimate reasons to dislike the guy. That's fair. I will say that the whole Miami Heat/DWade thing was more about Wade, IMO. Wade was a DB well before LeBron showed up in Miami. I used to love Wade when he first came into the league, but the more I watched or learned about the guy, the more I disliked him. Kicking guys in the junk, screwing up Rondo's elbow, breaking Kobe's nose in an all star game. Not to mention off the court stuff he said and/or did. LeBron was never that kind of guy. I can see how he rubs people the wrong way, though. Particularly during is first stint in CLE, with all of the dancing and clowning he used to do. The only guy who ever had a major problem with him though, was Noah.

He does have a weird way of talking to the media sometimes, as he sounds a little full of himself when it comes to coaching decisions and the like. But that's not anything we haven't seen from other superstars such as Kobe. I've never seen any malicious intent or anything coming from LeBron.

All legitimate reasons to dislike the guy. That's fair. I will say that the whole Miami Heat/DWade thing was more about Wade, IMO. Wade was a DB well before LeBron showed up in Miami. I used to love Wade when he first came into the league, but the more I watched or learned about the guy, the more I disliked him. Kicking guys in the junk, screwing up Rondo's elbow, breaking Kobe's nose in an all star game. Not to mention off the court stuff he said and/or did. LeBron was never that kind of guy. I can see how he rubs people the wrong way, though. Particularly during is first stint in CLE, with all of the dancing and clowning he used to do. The only guy who ever had a major problem with him though, was Noah.

He does have a weird way of talking to the media sometimes, as he sounds a little full of himself when it comes to coaching decisions and the like. But that's not anything we haven't seen from other superstars such as Kobe. I've never seen any malicious intent or anything coming from LeBron.
    Don't get me wrong. I don't think he is a dirty player like Suh or anything. I think his play is legitimate. It's mainly the antics that have always bothered me.

The whole look at me it's my birthday and I'm the king so let's take a team picture. When they never did the sort for any of his teammates. Or the whole decision thing. Or constantly comparing himself to Jordan long before that was earned as well. I truly do believe he is getting a lot closer to MJ's level and that at this point a lot of mocking is just fan hate/envy. But like I said a lot of times with me for athletes I dislike is even if you chalk the early years up to immaturity that never goes away for me. I'm not going to just forgive him down the line when he grows up. Which I'm not even 100% sure he has.

As for Wade you may be right. I just don't recall ever hearing or seeing this sort of stuff before teaming up with Lebron and Bosch. It may have happened. I just don't remember it. I may have been naive but I thought he was a class act prior to. I know a lot of buddies who were under the same impression.

I'm in no way, shape or form asking Cavs fans to not forgive him and be big fans of him again. I know I would if it was me or if Melo came back to Denver. But I would also think by now Cavs fans would have witnessed enough antics from him to realize most other fans have legitimate gripes.

I've talked to my best friend about this often that Lebron is also a victim of today's social media advances. From what I hear Jordan was every bit as much of an arrogant equal to Lebron in his day. The difference is there wasn't a million different outlets to let the general public know his every move. And at the time I was between 8-15 years old. So I likely wasn't going to see or hear about it all anyway. Therefore I grew up idealizing Jordan. Lebron can't hide from anything he does. Which is why he needed to mature faster. Again not his fault. But just the way of the world now.

I doubt it but I have considered it possible that in 20 years I will look back at Lebron as one of the GOATs and belonging in Jordans class. Right now is definitely not that time though.

Go Cavs!!!

That is all.
    Dread it.Run from it.
    Destiny arrives all the same.

Don't get me wrong. I don't think he is a dirty player like Suh or anything. I think his play is legitimate. It's mainly the antics that have always bothered me.

The whole look at me it's my birthday and I'm the king so let's take a team picture. When they never did the sort for any of his teammates. Or the whole decision thing. Or constantly comparing himself to Jordan long before that was earned as well. I truly do believe he is getting a lot closer to MJ's level and that at this point a lot of mocking is just fan hate/envy. But like I said a lot of times with me for athletes I dislike is even if you chalk the early years up to immaturity that never goes away for me. I'm not going to just forgive him down the line when he grows up. Which I'm not even 100% sure he has.

As for Wade you may be right. I just don't recall ever hearing or seeing this sort of stuff before teaming up with Lebron and Bosch. It may have happened. I just don't remember it. I may have been naive but I thought he was a class act prior to. I know a lot of buddies who were under the same impression.

I'm in no way, shape or form asking Cavs fans to not forgive him and be big fans of him again. I know I would if it was me or if Melo came back to Denver. But I would also think by now Cavs fans would have witnessed enough antics from him to realize most other fans have legitimate gripes.

I've talked to my best friend about this often that Lebron is also a victim of today's social media advances. From what I hear Jordan was every bit as much of an arrogant equal to Lebron in his day. The difference is there wasn't a million different outlets to let the general public know his every move. And at the time I was between 8-15 years old. So I likely wasn't going to see or hear about it all anyway. Therefore I grew up idealizing Jordan. Lebron can't hide from anything he does. Which is why he needed to mature faster. Again not his fault. But just the way of the world now.

I doubt it but I have considered it possible that in 20 years I will look back at Lebron as one of the GOATs and belonging in Jordans class. Right now is definitely not that time though.
    So tonight, after everyone went after Matthew Dellavedova, LeBron sat next to him in the post game press conference and went to bat for him. Players love playing with this guy, because he gives 100, doesn't make it all about him, and doesn't leave them hanging.

To your point. The guys who played with Jordan hate him. Pippen's got beef. MJ punched Steve Kerr, Jud Buechler, and Will Perdue in the face. Three teammates. How would that have gone down in today's media? People say that MJ was just super competitive. That's fine, but LBJ is competitive and his current/former teammates don't hate him.

You don't see people knocking each other over to go play with Kobe. Melo was watching tonight's game wondering why JR Smith didn't play defense or pass the ball in New York. As bad a person as people perceive LeBron to be, they're running out of ways to justify hating him for it w/o contradicting themselves. They ran out of ways to hate his game a long time ago.

I really like LeBron a lot. I'm hoping they win because I want Cleveland to win a championship in something for once. They've had their heart ripped out of their chests for so long. They're long overdue for something great to happen.

So tonight, after everyone went after Matthew Dellavedova, LeBron sat next to him in the post game press conference and went to bat for him. Players love playing with this guy, because he gives 100, doesn't make it all about him, and doesn't leave them hanging.

To your point. The guys who played with Jordan hate him. Pippen's got beef. MJ punched Steve Kerr, Jud Buechler, and Will Perdue in the face. Three teammates. How would that have gone down in today's media? People say that MJ was just super competitive. That's fine, but LBJ is competitive and his current/former teammates don't hate him.

You don't see people knocking each other over to go play with Kobe. Melo was watching tonight's game wondering why JR Smith didn't play defense or pass the ball in New York. As bad a person as people perceive LeBron to be, they're running out of ways to justify hating him for it w/o contradicting themselves. They ran out of ways to hate his game a long time ago.
    I am in Lebron's camp ever since the return to Cleveland. And based on what I see, his mates seem to really respect him. It's a look they give him. Like, "what do you want us to do, boss?"

Amazing, given who Cleveland doesn't have on the court. I sure hope they are healthier in the championship round....I think I am safe to predict they will get there.

Quote Originally Posted by broncoslover115 View Post
    I really like LeBron a lot. I'm hoping they win because I want Cleveland to win a championship in something for once. They've had their heart ripped out of their chests for so long. They're long overdue for something great to happen.
    The city of Cleveland is starving for a championship, but without a healthy Kyrie it would take something miraculous from Lebron, and company to beat Golden St. I really have been impressed with players like Tristan Thompson, Iman, JR, and even Dellavedova, if we had Kevin Love, and Kyrie healthy? Wow. Hopefully Kevin doesn't leave in free agency, the Cavs did give up the rookie of the year to get him.

Don't forget about the Buckeyes though, lol. They did ease some of the Ohio pain with a national championship, and a real good shot of repeating. But.... Go Cavs!!!
    Dread it.Run from it.
    Destiny arrives all the same.

The city of Cleveland is starving for a championship, but without a healthy Kyrie it would take something miraculous from Lebron, and company to beat Golden St. I really have been impressed with players like Tristan Thompson, Iman, JR, and even Dellavedova, if we had Kevin Love, and Kyrie healthy? Wow. Hopefully Kevin doesn't leave in free agency, the Cavs did give up the rookie of the year to get him.

Don't forget about the Buckeyes though, lol. They did ease some of the Ohio pain with a national championship, and a real good shot of repeating. But.... Go Cavs!!!
    I'm feeling good about the Cavs. I think they can pull this out. Now with Curry injured, not sure if him getting hurt last night will impact him, even if he did come back in the game. Taking a fall like that can hurt more a few days later. So we shall see. But I'm pulling for Cleveland and for you.
    Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

I guess I'll be the only one rooting for Golden st. to win their first title.