Page 63 of 166 FirstFirst ... 13 53 61 62 63 64 65 73 113 163 ... LastLast

Thread: NBA Thread

Quote Originally Posted by ELWAY421 View Post
    Thank you. One more series. Go Cavs!!!
    Well, to quote another guy: "We're in Cleveland. Nothing is easy here..." Go Cavs

I hate the Hack a Howard thing. Such a bushleague strategy.

The Warriors will be huge favorites against the Cavs, but they don't look like Superman to me. They look very human, can't wait.
    Dread it.Run from it.
    Destiny arrives all the same.

The Warriors will be huge favorites against the Cavs, but they don't look like Superman to me. They look very human, can't wait.
    Warriors are fun to watch. They are quite amazing at times in the passing game and some of the 2nd shot taken as an assist are a thing of beauty. Cavs have their hands full but I'm confident.

Houston is soooo careless with the basketball! The Cavs play way better team defense than Houston.
    Dread it.Run from it.

God, get this game over already. What is the point of fouling when you're done??? Ridiculous. So stupid and such a waste of time. Takes so long to end the game when you can't win. I hate that part of BB. 5 minutes takes 20.

Quote Originally Posted by broncoslover115 View Post
    God, get this game over already. What is the point of fouling when you're done??? Ridiculous. So stupid and such a waste of time. Takes so long to end the game when you can't win. I hate that part of BB. 5 minutes takes 20.
    Can't wait til June 4th. If the Cavs can split in Oakland they'll be in good shape.
    Dread it.Run from it.

Riley Curry, the star of the media!!! Hilarious during Stepen's news conference.

Kyrie needs to be 100 percent for the Cavs to even have a chance.

Warriors in 6

Quote Originally Posted by Bronco51 View Post
    I hate the Hack a Howard thing. Such a bushleague strategy.
    It's not a bushleague strategy. If teams don't like it the idiot players like Howard and Jordan need to learn how to shoot them.

They are called Free throws for a reason. They aren't difficult. It's embarrassing that these guys can get to this level and shoot 20% with no pressure and no one guarding them. I don't care if they aren't shooters.

Don't blame the teams fouling. Blame the lazy players who stink at shooting. All you have to do is boost to 70% which is still not great and they'll stop fouling.

Quote Originally Posted by 58_VONDOOM_92 View Post
    Kyrie needs to be 100 percent for the Cavs to even have a chance.

Warriors in 6
    This is my feeling. I see all the optimism about the Cavs. And I do understand having the best player on the planet would give anyone reason to be optimistic.

But realistically this series should'nt even be close. The Warriors are a much better deeper team. They didn't fluke their way to 67 wins and winning the beast Western Conference. Cavs will be their best defensive test aside from memphis though who can't shoot as well as Cleveland.

I almost want to pick Warriors in 5 but Lebron should be good for at least 2 wins. So I think I can agree with 6.

The Cavs are a very talented young team. But I still think a lot of these guys have room to grow. So Warriors should be able to take it.

but with all that said I thought the deep Thunder were going to route the Heat after game 1 and they never won again that series. So you never know. That's why they play the games.

Quote Originally Posted by DenverBlood View Post
    It's not a bushleague strategy. If teams don't like it the idiot players like Howard and Jordan need to learn how to shoot them.

They are called Free throws for a reason. They aren't difficult. It's embarrassing that these guys can get to this level and shoot 20% with no pressure and no one guarding them. I don't care if they aren't shooters.

Don't blame the teams fouling. Blame the lazy players who stink at shooting. All you have to do is boost to 70% which is still not great and they'll stop fouling.
    It's more psychological in my experience. Guys who flat out suck at shooting free throws think too much when they are wide open like that. But, that's where practice comes in I guess. If you spend enough time shooting free throws you're bound to develop a mechanical routine that ups your percentage. If I had Shaq on my team though, I'd much rather see him work on that baseline hook than shoot free throws all day. Howard and Jordan are guys that don't really even have quality post games, so I don't know what their excuses are.

Another thing I don't get, is why Jordan and Howard don't shoot free throws one handed. Assuming that the off hand is bothering their shot. I'd like to see Thompson do this also.
    Last edited by Spice 1; 05-28-2015 at 07:12 AM.

Call me crazy, but I'm taking the Cavs in six. I think Cleveland will slow Curry down which will be a major blow to the Warriors offense. I don't see the Warriors being able to deal with Thompson or Moz on the inside. Offensive rebounding will be key in this series for the Cavaliers, and Thompson is one of the best in the business. Clay is the Warriors best shooter besides Curry, and the Cavs have JR, Dellavedova, James Jones, and Shump who can all knock down the long ball. The Warriors are the deeper team, but 1 thru 8 advantage Cleveland imho. These teams split the season series, Lebron didn't play in GS, but played in Cleveland, and Cleveland handled the Warriors with ease. But.... like Denverblood said that's why they play the games.
    Dread it.Run from it.

Call me crazy, but I'm taking the Cavs in six. I think Cleveland will slow Curry down which will be a major blow to the Warriors offense. I don't see the Warriors being able to deal with Thompson or Moz on the inside. Offensive rebounding will be key in this series for the Cavaliers, and Thompson is one of the best in the business. Clay is the Warriors best shooter besides Curry, and the Cavs have JR, Dellavedova, James Jones, and Shump who can all knock down the long ball. The Warriors are the deeper team, but 1 thru 8 advantage Cleveland imho. These teams split the season series, Lebron didn't play in GS, but played in Cleveland, and Cleveland handled the Warriors with ease. But.... like Denverblood said that's why they play the games.
    One thing I can guarantee, is that you're not going to see Curry and Thompson running free through the paint, stealing rebounds from Cleveland's bigs like lunch money. Cleveland is way more physical inside, and active on the glass than Houston. You get a lot of long rebounds against GS, because they jack up so many long shots though. That's unavoidable. The other thing Houston sucked at is getting back on defense. Harden particularly.

Quote Originally Posted by Spice 1 View Post
    One thing I can guarantee, is that you're not going to see Curry and Thompson running free through the paint, stealing rebounds from Cleveland's bigs like lunch money. Cleveland is way more physical inside, and active on the glass than Houston. You get a lot of long rebounds against GS, because they jack up so many long shots though. That's unavoidable. The other thing Houston sucked at is getting back on defense. Harden particularly.
    In that series, Houston played some of the most careless, unorganized basketball I've seen all year. How many turnovers did Harden have last night? I stopped counting at like 13, lol.
    Dread it.Run from it.