Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Big name free agent?

Do you guys think we will go after any big name free agents this year and if so who do you think or hope?

The Cardinals have been really awful in past years at keeping key players on there team. So because of that i think Calais Campbell would be a great sign. We can play inside at DT as a Nose or a 3 technique becasue of size, strength, and explosion. Maybe even at DE strong or weak on critical running situation. Players with versatility hold great value in the NFL which is where he can exceed in this team.

Don't think it will happen but desean jackson, we need a mega burner to stretch the field, plus he is a great return man

Nope.

/thread

Quote Originally Posted by edgr09 View Post
    The Cardinals have been really awful in past years at keeping key players on there team. So because of that i think Calais Campbell would be a great sign. We can play inside at DT as a Nose or a 3 technique becasue of size, strength, and explosion. Maybe even at DE strong or weak on critical running situation. Players with versatility hold great value in the NFL which is where he can exceed in this team.
    No offense, but Calais Campbell isn't a big name. Back to the OP, no I don't see our FO getting a big name in FA
    Rod Smith for the HOF. TEBOW RULES!

Quote Originally Posted by HUMCALC View Post
    No offense, but Calais Campbell isn't a big name. Back to the OP, no I don't see our FO getting a big name in FA
    Calais Campbell is legit.

What are you talking about? He will be one of the most coveted FA signings this offseason.

Quote Originally Posted by skate_d3 View Post
    Calais Campbell is legit.
    I didn't say he wasn't, but until last month I'd never heard of him
    Rod Smith for the HOF. TEBOW RULES!

I beg to differ.

So since you never heard of him means he is not a big name FA? Nice logic...

No offence, but I would have to call you a casual football fan.

Depends who hits the open market.

Also, HUM, Campbell is a stud, if he somehow hits the open market, some team will get a great player.

We need Ben Grubbs or another above average guard. Beadles is a liability. If we do that, we can use a 2nd or 3rd round pick on a center since JD Walton may be the worst starter on the team, if not team then for sure defense.

Dan Conner is just about as big of a name as I think we'd bring in. Ties to Fox and we need a MLB.

Calias Cambell is a beast. But I think he'll be too highly pursued for our interests, and I think his best fit is DE in the 3-4.
    Last edited by berlownacyo7s; 02-01-2012 at 09:30 PM.

Would be nice to woo Rice, but that won't happen. Defensively I like the Campbell route. Any "big name" FA they do sign I hope is young, like >6 years in league. Don't want to waste money on old non-hungry vets that command high dollars. And it's not that I have anything against the vets, most have earned their money, it's just that we need to get younger.
    #swapping