Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Calais Campbell.....

The Broncos will have to be active just due to roster turnover. I suspect it will be much of the same as we've seen in the last 3 years since Shannahan left. We'll be looking for "value signings", as stated by Xanders.

Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

Quote Originally Posted by Legion509 View Post
    Easy to spend money, when a certain player on your team brings in more income then the entire team put together.

Tebow was also the starter going into last year. Somehow lost it (magically). And your team tanked. We will see. My bet is we will hear the "better chance to win" quote.
    Why'd you have to take this thread downhill so quickly?

The Broncos gotta spend some $$$

Lots
    http://forums.denverbroncos.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=382185&dateline=13182  11057
    Thank you Charger$

Well, they better, we got a lot of money to spend, use it.

Lock up our own guys, then get some others, preferably Jason Jones, Richard Marshall, and if he somehow hits the market, Calais Campbell.

Easy to spend money, when a certain player on your team brings in more income then the entire team put together.

Tebow was also the starter going into last year. Somehow lost it (magically). And your team tanked. We will see. My bet is we will hear the "better chance to win" quote.
    good job bringing this thread down so fast!

I always like Free Agency... always fun hearing about who signs who.

Now about Vjax becoming a bronco mr Elway!

I don't think the QB FA route will be as big as the article trails off to. I believe that many of our acquisitions will be in positions of dire need of upgrade, depth, or youth. I can see 1 or 2 major FA signings, but they will be young guys. 2-3 mid career guys and 1 late career QB to mentor. That's about it. Calias would be an outstanding pickup. just as sweet would be the ability to woo Rice or Lynch. The Rice/Mcghee combo is BANANAS!!!!!!!!
    #swapping

Quote Originally Posted by flosstein View Post
    I don't think the QB FA route will be as big as the article trails off to. I believe that many of our acquisitions will be in positions of dire need of upgrade, depth, or youth. I can see 1 or 2 major FA signings, but they will be young guys. 2-3 mid career guys and 1 late career QB to mentor. That's about it. Calias would be an outstanding pickup. just as sweet would be the ability to woo Rice or Lynch. The Rice/Mcghee combo is BANANAS!!!!!!!!
    The chances of rice getting lured out of balt is about 0% haha but yes that would be nice. same with lynch I would imagine.

What makes u think Xanders may not move more to the personnel side? Personally, I think Elway the GM is a bad idea. Elway the VP is awesome. i like him controlling the team and handling the day to day business. Elway actually building the team sounds scary. Maybe they are getting ready to make some massive moves to set this team on another multi-decade run(as I said b4) and this is the man to really make the numbers work. It seems Xanders is spending more time on the personnel side as of late also.
    #swapping

.....never heard that one before...

NFL revenue contracts remain the same whether Tebow is in or out of the NFL.

If you are talking about Tebow jersey sales that brings equal amount of money to all nfl teams.

If you are talking about ticket sales, Denver Broncos have a multi year waiting list for season tickets, it was like that before Tebow join the league, it will be like that after Tebow leaves the league.

If you are talking about ratings, the NFL does not gain extra income from higher ratings directly. The only thing the NFL can do is ask for higher prices when it renews its tv contracts, which all have been renewed.

The only thing Tebow might affect is how many people show up in the seats, but that will only last as long as the team is winning.

If Tebow ends up being a 1-4 starter next season, there is a good chance he will be gone like Orton.

Yah but for some of you, its all about Tebow and so blindly so that you ignore the whole picture.

Quote Originally Posted by Remedy View Post
    I always like Free Agency... always fun hearing about who signs who.

Now about Vjax becoming a bronco mr Elway!
    I'm almost not really expecting to see the Broncos be active in FA. I see more value signings as Bowlen is smarting (?) from all the dough he's shelled out under Shanahan over the years.

That being said I'm surprised i don't see more of this. With VJax and DT going deep, we'll have the weapons all over to make teams pay for loading up to stop the run.

Sign me the hell up!
    You've got to know when to sack em...

Quote Originally Posted by SoundsOfSuccess View Post
    .....never heard that one before...
    Just what I was thinking.

Don't get your hopes up guys.

Quote Originally Posted by flosstein View Post
    Maybe Lynch, but no chance Rice walks, they'll tag him or re-sign him, he is the Ravens offense.

Quote Originally Posted by ERoyal248 View Post
    Maybe Lynch, but no chance Rice walks, they'll tag him or re-sign him, he is the Ravens offense.
    Ravens, like the Steelers, almost never tag. They resign on their rep. They'll let him test the market, find his value, then counter offer with the pride of playing for the Ravens. So it's possible, likely is a different story
    #swapping